PDA

View Full Version : The elbow worth 55 million

SoxxoS
02-14-2003, 01:11 AM
55 million over 5 years for that elbow...

(look below)

Bmr31
02-14-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
55 million over 5 years for that elbow...

What elbow? I will take 5 million for mine. :)

SoxxoS
02-14-2003, 01:21 AM
I can't post the picture of Driefort's elbow. I put an attach file, preview it, and it goes away. Its a jpg, so I dont know what's the deal...help?

voodoochile
02-14-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I can't post the picture of Driefort's elbow. I put an attach file, preview it, and it goes away. Its a jpg, so I dont know what's the deal...help?

How big is the picture (right click on it and then click "size" in the popup menu. Or, you can just post a link to the site and the picture (might be better if it is graphic).

SoxxoS
02-14-2003, 03:20 AM
Whenever I right click the picture, "size" doesnt come up. However, the size is 22.5 KB in my "my pictures" folder.

It wont let me post a link, because it isn't really a website, its like a photo gallery on CBS sportsline. I can't figure out why I can't get the pic from my saved pictures to here. I click on browse, click on the picture that comes up, press "open" then the file name goes into the blank space to the left of "browse." When I click preview reply, however, nothing is still coming up. Am I doing something wrong?

SoxxoS
02-14-2003, 01:24 PM
here (well worth it :smile: )

FanOf14
02-14-2003, 02:09 PM
Who us that guy and what type of surgery did he have? (Sorry, if it was rehashed somewhere, I might have missed it.)

Mammoo
02-14-2003, 02:50 PM
I know the act of throwing a baseball puts tremendous strain on the various parts of the arm but I wonder why there are so many arm surgeries in this modern age. There are probably a number of legitimate reasons but I wonder if the kids are taught properly in the youth leagues.

When you see long time guys with excellent mechanics like Bob Feller, Tom Seaver, Roger Clemens, Nolan Ryan and Steve Carlton, you wonder why these aspects of pitching aren't ingrained in youngsters.

Forget the slider, curve and all the rest. Just throw it hard; "Powder River" like the old timers used to say!

Juan Pizarro
02-14-2003, 03:07 PM
I think you're onto something with the way kids learn to pitch.

Although they're told not to, kids 13 and younger are always breaking off curveballs, so they can make those traveling teams and be burned out by overzealous coaches.

They should be learning how to change speeds, use the different sides of the plate and build arm strength.

SoxxoS
02-14-2003, 03:21 PM
I'm sorry, I should have posted the pitcher-That's Darren Driefort. He signed a 55 million dollar deal over 5 years 2 years ago.

In relation to the little league/traveling team, I once read a story about Kerry Wood. He was so dominant in Texas the manager once had him pitch a double header. I guess that manger just wore his arm out, hence the arm trouble.

TRL
02-14-2003, 03:24 PM
Ideally kids would learn how to pitch...work both sides of the plate, change speed, and change the sight level of the hitter. However, at 12 years old there are not many kids who have the bat control to hit a curveball. Once these kids (or their parents) learn this it is hard not to get excited about trying to strike everyone out with curves. In an ideal world they would learn how to pitch first and then develop the breaking pitches at an older age.