PDA

View Full Version : Great AL Central Preview...

MarkEdward
02-14-2003, 12:02 AM
Even if it is from the "YES Network" website:

http://tinyurl.com/5teh

MRKARNO
02-14-2003, 11:40 PM
"Could this lineup be any more right-handed? When Pedro Martinez comes to town it should be fun -- for the Red Sox. "

You know that they are scared of us, a lot, when the Yankee network is saying that Pedro Martinez could easily beat us. They are pretty darn scared of us, trying to find the one problem (not really) and mention it at the end. We will face Martinez no more than 2 or 3 times, so that is far from a summary. What a joke. That's why you can never take what New Yorkers say as the truth. (j/k)

Bmr31
02-14-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
"Could this lineup be any more right-handed? When Pedro Martinez comes to town it should be fun -- for the Red Sox. "

You know that they are scared of us, a lot, when the Yankee network is saying that Pedro Martinez could easily beat us. They are pretty darn scared of us, trying to find the one problem (not really) and mention it at the end. We will face Martinez no more than 2 or 3 times, so that is far from a summary. What a joke. That's why you can never take what New Yorkers say as the truth. (j/k)

The yankees scared of us? Now THATS funny. Our heavy right handed lineup not a problem? Thats funny too.

WinningUgly!
02-15-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
The yankees scared of us? Now THATS funny. Our heavy right handed lineup not a problem? Thats funny too. No, the Yankees are probably not scared of us, but I don't think the righthanded log jam 3-7 is that big of a deal. The Sox ranked 3rd in MLB last year with runs scored...that wasn't the problem.

Bmr31
02-15-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
No, the Yankees are probably not scared of us, but I don't think the righthanded log jam 3-7 is that big of a deal. The Sox ranked 3rd in MLB last year with runs scored...that wasn't the problem.

Okay? And you dont think its a problem if we get to the playoffs and face two ACE righthanders? We are screwed in the playoffs with our current lineup. See 2000 for evidence.

WinningUgly!
02-15-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Okay? And you dont think its a problem if we get to the playoffs and face two ACE righthanders? We are screwed in the playoffs with our current lineup. See 2000 for evidence.

Let's worry about getting there 1st.
:)

Bmr31
02-15-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Let's worry about getting there 1st.
:)

Yeah no kidding. I am hoping to be getting decent production from Borchard and maybe Daubach by then.

EnricoPallazzo
02-15-2003, 01:59 AM
Regardless of content, that is one of the funniest columns I've read in a long time. "The center of Milton Bradley's career coming at him like a walrus on roller skates." That's great stuff!

Pretty scary to think of El Caballo turning into Orlando Merced. I hope he gets moved before THAT happens.

And it's certainly no revelation to us that a solid hitting lefty hitting 5th is a dandy idea.

The Sox are in pretty good shape though so let's just thank the baseball gods we're not in K.C or Detroit.

kermittheefrog
02-15-2003, 02:27 AM
I think the column is right on for the most part. Although he is pretty pessimistic about players. It's not a home town bias though, he wrote just as bad stuff about the Yankees.

oldcomiskey
02-15-2003, 09:01 AM
Momentarily abandoned at AAA because the Sox couldn't bring themselves to part with Clayton, who must be great at parties------

I wish I had thought of that line----I also liked the Gordon Lightfoot reference about Frank Thomas--although I do admit I am kinda partial to Sundown and The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald---reminds me of the heydey of WLS===John Landecker where are you when I need you most

kevingrt
02-15-2003, 10:35 AM
Jimenez is the better bet at this point. As a child of the Yankees organization, he knows how to take a walk. .280 with 75 BBs is entirely possible.

Don't you just love the bias! :)