PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Sox spring training home?

ChiSoxLuke
02-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Forgive me if this questions seems dumb to anybody. I live way out west so there isn't much Sox coverage out here. Didn't the spring training home change recently? I was thinking it used to be in Florida and now it's in Arizona or vice versa. Is this right? Cause, if it's in Arizona now, I could go catch a spring game or two. Appreciate any help I could get. Thanks.

Go Sox!!!!

LuKe

gogosoxgogo
02-12-2003, 04:48 PM
yup, it's in Tuscon. Just a word of advice if you plan on buying tickets to anyone: Don't use the online ticket form, it's totally messed up. Call to order your tickets.

ChiSoxLuke
02-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Also, thanks for the advice. Very nice of you.

LuKe

hose
02-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxLuke
Forgive me if this questions seems dumb to anybody. I live way out west so there isn't much Sox coverage out here. Didn't the spring training home change recently? I was thinking it used to be in Florida and now it's in Arizona or vice versa. Is this right? Cause, if it's in Arizona now, I could go catch a spring game or two. Appreciate any help I could get. Thanks.

Go Sox!!!!

LuKe

The White Sox share Tucson Electric Park with the Arizona Diamonbacks. Both teams have separate training facilities that are walking distance from the Park. You can walk into the Sox training facilities for free and see everyone in their system. The 40 man roster practices away from the fans.

The Colorado Rockies are also in Tucson. They took over the Cleveland Indians old park and facilities. It is a real cool park and worth going to see a game at.

Tuscon Electric Park
2500 East Ajo Way
Tucson, AZ. 85713
(520) 434-1111

2-28 1:05 vs Dbacks
3-1 1:05 vs Dbacks
3-2 1:05 vs Dbacks
3-3 1:05 vs Giants
3-5 7:05 vs Dbacks
3-7 1:05 vs Padres
3-9 7:05 vs Rockies
3-11 1:05 vs Mariners
3-13 1:05 vs Dbacks
3-14 1:05 vs Cubs
3-15 1:05 vs Brewers
3-16 1:05 vs Dbacks
3-17 1:05 vs Dbacks
3-18 1:05 vs Royals
3-19 1:05 vs Rockies
3-23 1:05 vs Rangers
3-26 1:05 vs Rockies
3-27 12:05 vs Dbacks

Chisoxfn
02-12-2003, 05:36 PM
Tuscon Electric is a great place to watch the games. The stadium was built brand new a couple years back and its pretty much state of the art as far as spring training parks go.

If you live within driving distance, I'd definately head out there for a couple of days, its a great experience.

T Dog
02-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxLuke

Go Sox!!!!

LuKe

If you can get to Tucson, you won't have any trouble finding Tucson Electric Park, where the Sox play their home spring games and where they play the visitor sometimes to the Diamondbacks, which shares the park. TEP is just off Interstate 10 on the southern edge of the city. It's about 260 miles from Las Cruces. The Sox' spring practice fields are adjacent to the I-10 right-of-way.

The Sox also play road games at Tucson's Hi Corbett Field, spring home of the Rockies, as well as the Phoenix area, about 100 miles north of Tucson. The Sox have some history there. The team's AAA affiliate called Hi Corbett home in the early 1970s.