PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle on Mac, Jurko and Harry today

gogosoxgogo
02-10-2003, 04:22 PM
He'll be on during the 4:00 hour. They said they'll talk to him about Foulke's comments.

Kilroy
02-10-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
He'll be on during the 4:00 hour. They said they'll talk to him about Foulke's comments.

I hope they are planning to talk to him about his refusal of the long term deal, and his ever-flappin lips when it comes to the cards...

gogosoxgogo
02-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Buehrle will be on any minute now, turn to ESPN Radio 1000.

gogosoxgogo
02-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Quick, cheap recap:

Started off adressing the St. Louis issue. Said he wants to stay in Chicago for a long time. Likes Chicago, wants to secure a long term contract, has no problem with management.

Then talked about Minnesota. Stated Twins are still the favorite and the team to beat, but everyone on the Sox like their chances.

Said with the addition of Colon, he doesn't care if he's the number five starter, he just wants to pitch. It doesn't bother him if he's #1 or #2. Said KW sat down and asked him if he felt better with Bartolo in front of him or behind him. It would porbably benefit him to be behind him.

Said he doesn't know much about Olivo. He's fast with a great arm, and he's worried about how he'll call the game.

Talked about how happy he was that Sandy is back. Said he worked great with him last year and he is a great guy to have on your team.

Onto Keith Foulke and his comments. Mark said that the clubhouse is fine, there is no problem, and the media blows it out of proportion. Said Frank is fine in the clubhouse, and that the chemistry this year be great.

Talked about his pickoff move and said he could work with lefties, because he has such a great move, but not righties (stupid question).

Talked about 5th starter. Said we have plenty of guys capable of competing for that slot.

About the Koch trade. Said he likes having one main guy in the closer role (vs. 3), and one who throws 100mph at that.

Said that he didn't know what happened last year with Foulke, maybe his confidence went down after blowing a bunch of saves.

During the offseason, he goes deer, goose, and duck hunting in the woods.

Said Maggs and Paulie deserve more.

Mark Prior will be coming up soon. I don't want to miss Jesus's gospel!

FarmerAndy
02-10-2003, 05:44 PM

The only thing I don't like about Prior is the uniform he wears. I got to sit right behind the plate at a Sox vs. Cubs spring training game in Tuscon last year. He's pretty darn good.

Iguana775
02-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Said KW sat down and asked him if he felt better with Bartolo in front of him or behind him. It would porbably benefit him to be behind him.

That did not sound good. lol

but seriously, i hope he is here for a while and they can get a deal done soon.

hose
02-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
I hope they are planning to talk to him about his refusal of the long term deal, and his ever-flappin lips when it comes to the cards...

One thing that is very noticeable when Buehrle is interviewed on radio or tv is how nervous he is.

Mark is obviously uncomfortable in these spots and also seems to be a bit shaky talking in front of crowds.

I am not trying to make excuses for his St. Louis jokes, just an observation.

Maggs has completely avoided the whole interview scene in his career. I imagine some of it has to do with the language barrier, but he is probably nervous also, I know I would be.

Vsahajpal
02-10-2003, 07:35 PM

C'mon now, Jesus couldn't sling 12-6 hammers.

gosox3072
02-11-2003, 12:01 AM
Does this mean that more than likely colon will start on opening day??

GOSOX--and NIU

upnorthsox
02-11-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by hose
One thing that is very noticeable when Buehrle is interviewed on radio or tv is how nervous he is.

Mark is obviously uncomfortable in these spots and also seems to be a bit shaky talking in front of crowds.

Good observation, it should also be pointed out that Mark went in a short time(20 mos?) from a 38th round unknown with little prospects to the Sox ace and one of the elite lefties in the majors. He just hasn't gotten the prep that a 1st rounder for example would get. He'll undoubtably have some gaffes(like he already has), I guess his performance will be a truer indicator.

Iwritecode
02-11-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
C'mon now, Jesus couldn't sling 12-6 hammers.

"Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't throw a curve ball?"

OK, so it's not the exact quote...