PDA

View Full Version : Phil Rogers response on Rogers

SoxxoS
02-10-2003, 02:50 PM
Since Lip has had such good luck getting responses from Phil Rogers on White Sox questions, I decided to e-mail him with this question-

<<<Hey Phil, I enjoy reading your columns for the Trib, ESPN, and
especially
White Sox interactive.

The way you worded your column today-"Kenny Rogers will have todecide..." You made it sound like the White Sox have indeed made an offer to him. Is that the case? And if so, how much? I think he would be a great addition to the Sox.>>>

Joey,

Thanks for the note.

I don't know the specifics (if I did, I would have written them). I know KWtalked to Boras last week and expressed an interest, which Ibelieve Boras takes seriously. But that's all. My hunch is that Boras ishoping the Kevin Millar/Red Sox deal crashes and burns, which gives TheoEpstein money to throw Rogers' way. That might be his only chance to get abetter deal than what the Sox have to offer, which is only about $1-2
million guaranteed with incentives.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for writing and especially for reading,

Phil

So here is hoping the Millar deal gets done soon. :smile:

Cheryl
02-10-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

I know KWtalked to Boras last week and expressed an interest, which Ibelieve Boras takes seriously. But that's all. My hunch is that Boras ishoping the Kevin Millar/Red Sox deal crashes and burns, which gives TheoEpstein money to throw Rogers' way. That might be his only chance to get abetter deal than what the Sox have to offer, which is only about $1-2
million guaranteed with incentives.

Phil

Wait a minute. K-Willy talked to Scott Boras? Does Uncle Jerry know this?
I thought the Sox weren't allowed to even think about getting a Boras client. This is obviously a Sign of the Impending Apocalypse.

moochpuppy
02-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
This is obviously a Sign of the Impending Apocalypse.

And a begining to paving the way for a Sox/Royals deal that brings Beltran to the Southside and signing a long term deal with the Sox. (Beltran's agent is Boras for those that didn't know) :smile:

gogosoxgogo
02-10-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
And a begining to paving the way for a Sox/Royals deal that brings Beltran to the Southside and signing a long term deal with the Sox. (Beltran's agent is Boras for those that didn't know) :smile:

I think you're missing a mix between teal and hot pink for your post there. (What color would that be?)

moochpuppy
02-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
I think you're missing a mix between teal and hot pink for your post there. (What color would that be?)

Luke warm peal?