PDA

View Full Version : Media Cub-Affair Lovefest continues....

Hangar18
02-10-2003, 02:46 PM
The Sporting News has an article commenting on
these "6 playoff hopeful teams".

Astros
Yankees
Red Sox
Braves
Giants
.....and you guessed it, the perennial Playoff Bound CUBS.

I dont get it. I just.....Dont.....Get It.

hold2dibber
02-10-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Astros
Yankees
Red Sox
Braves
Giants

I dont get it. I just.....Dont.....Get It.

I noticed this today too, Hangar. I actually sent Ken Rosenthal (the author) an e-mail taking him to task for this fact. The Cubs lost, what, 96 games last year and have since shed their 2nd best run producer (McGriff) while adding some bullpen help, and that somehow makes them a more intriguing playoff contender than the Sox, the Phillies or the Cardinals? Give me a break.

soxrme
02-10-2003, 02:53 PM
WHAT'S NOT TO GET? ITS THE SAME FORMULA THEY ALWAYS USE TO GET WHERE THEY ARE GOING. POOR UP THE MIDDLE DEFENSE. SLOW OUTFIELD, NO 3RD BASEMAN AND OVER-RATED PITCHING.

WhiteSoxWinner
02-10-2003, 02:53 PM
Usually, when I think about playoff "hopefuls" I think about teams that did NOT make the playoffs last year. Right there, I think the Yankees, Braves, and Giants should be excluded from the list. I agree with putting the Astros and Red Sox in there, but I think the other four "Playoff Hopefuls" should be:

White Sox
Phillies
Mets
Mariners

Hangar18
02-10-2003, 03:00 PM
Ken Rosenthal really should be Ashamed of himself
for Exhibiting Irresponsible Journalism. I read what he
had to say about the Cubs....and there was NOTHING in
his article that really mentioned Why He Included the
Cubs in this group.

Totally Poor Ken.

Ken wasted about 5 minutes of my time reading that. If I Make about 14 dollars an Hour.....I think KEN ROSENTHAL actually
owes me $ 1.20 right now.

Im going to email him that right now.......

LuvSox
02-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Astros
Yankees
Red Sox
Braves
Giants

I dont get it. I just.....Dont.....Get It. Oh, the Cubbies will make the playoffs alright, in some losers parents basement while he is playing "imaginary baseball" with his 1984 Topps set.

jeremyb1
02-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
Usually, when I think about playoff "hopefuls" I think about teams that did NOT make the playoffs last year. Right there, I think the Yankees, Braves, and Giants should be excluded from the list. I agree with putting the Astros and Red Sox in there, but I think the other four "Playoff Hopefuls" should be:

White Sox
Phillies
Mets
Mariners

the mets and mariners might've been good inclusions. the phillies are considered the favorite in the nl east by most so that's why they didn't make the list. we probably weren't featured because we've been in the news a lot with our wheeling and dealing and a fair amount of people think we'll win the central.