PDA

View Full Version : Moron Trade of the Day

moochpuppy
02-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Warning: Cubbie Kool-aid at work (http://boards.go.com/cgi/mlb/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=mlb_chc&id=628514)

EnricoPallazzo
02-10-2003, 01:25 PM
The KC organization is clueless. There is no telling what bonehead move they will make next. I wish KW and JR would take advantage of this opportunity to get a young 5 tool player and lock him up for 4 years or so.

Hangar18
02-10-2003, 01:27 PM
That trade would Rank in the Top 5 of
Dumbest Trades of the Decade.

1. Devil Rays, giving away McGriff for a 30yr cub 2nd baseman

2. Marlins, giving away Alfonseca for that horrible pitcher
out of the bullpen, then compounding that by tossing in
Matt Clement. now they realize they need pitching.
How Stupid is that Franchise

3. Sox, Fogg/Wells for .500 pitcher Ritchie. (this is the same
team that made trade #4 below)

4. Pirates. trading their best pitcher for Brant Brown.
enough said.

5. Proposed Royals/Cubs trade.

Notice how the cubs have ripped off teams the most here....
with the poorest talent to trade......
Equivalent of walking into a Mercedes Benz dealership
with only 46 dollars in your pocket, and somehow end up
with the keys to a benz convertible...

hold2dibber
02-10-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
Warning: Cubbie Kool-aid at work (http://boards.go.com/cgi/mlb/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=mlb_chc&id=628514)

Uh, Patterson and Alou for Beltran and Randa? I know KC is stupid, but that ain't happening. Truth be told, though, its not much worse than some suggestions I've seen here for the Sox to try to trade for Beltran.

gogosoxgogo
02-10-2003, 02:02 PM
That's sick, and it aint gonna happen. Not even KC is that stupid. However, that said, I think the Sox do need to take advantage of KC's dumb ass front office. We have to at least attempt to go after some of their major leaguers, or their prospects.

kevingrt
02-10-2003, 02:26 PM
What chance in hell is that going to get accepted?

Those Cub fans just come up with the best trades ever!

jeremyb1
02-10-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
What chance in hell is that going to get accepted?

Those Cub fans just come up with the best trades ever!

i don't think that deal is that ridiculous at all. the only part that doesn't make sense is alou's inclusion since kc is perpetually rebuilding and would want young cheap players. substitute a top prospect for alou and you have a pretty good deal there. patterson and two good prospects from the cubs for beltran? that's probably about as good as kc can do.

moochpuppy
02-10-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i don't think that deal is that ridiculous at all. the only part that doesn't make sense is alou's inclusion since kc is perpetually rebuilding and would want young cheap players.

Considering that Alou is 50% of the Cubs side of the trade, that's a pretty big inclusion.

It's just another example of a "Cub" fan that doesn't know baseball. Who else would think that the Royals would trade for a veteran player that is scheduled to make over $7 million this season.

CHISOXFAN13
02-10-2003, 03:01 PM
That's almost as good as the one I heard propsoed by a Cubby fan on the Score yesterday.

Alex Gonzalez and Juan Cruz for Miguel Tejada. Right...

MetalliSox
02-10-2003, 03:06 PM
These Cub fans are in Love with Mark Bellhorn. Yes, he was a surprise last year, but is he really an everyday player? On their club, maybe, but on most teams, probably not.
Watch them to try and start running him outta town by June, a la Alou and McGriff.

MRKARNO
02-10-2003, 10:10 PM
That is the funniest thing I've read all day.

Goes to show you what the most educated Flub fans think about them compared to the rest of baseball

WinningUgly!
02-10-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by cubmadness
Why not offer Patterson and Alou and a prospect for Beltran and Randa?

If they added Choi to this deal, I'm sure KC would be willing to throw in Mike Sweeney. :)

gogosoxgogo
02-11-2003, 05:31 PM
That is basically the equivilant of Harris and Almonte for Beltran. Hey, it could happen.