PDA

View Full Version : Well I did it..please don't shoot

ChiSox1983
02-10-2003, 09:37 AM
I am pleased to announce after 20 years of drinking flubbie Koolaid I decided this would be the year I would change my hat. After a great time I had at Sox Fest also with the help of the Perry's (great people I met there) and Iwritecode I decided hey why not. I got even pictures with Big Hurt and I think Maggilo (haven't got all the pictures developed yet) so please be patient with me while I go through the learning process of being a Sox fan learning the history and other stuff so Go Sox!!

and yes I will change my login name also... :)

moochpuppy
02-10-2003, 09:54 AM
You've made a giant step toward the road to baseball recovery. Congratulations! :)

whitesoxwilkes
02-10-2003, 09:55 AM
As a former Flubaholic myself, I am proud of you. I'm here to support you on your journey...

PaleHoseGeorge
02-10-2003, 10:23 AM
A CUB FAN OPENS HIS EYES AND DEFECTS!!!

Omigod, the alarm bells and sirens are ringing themselves off the wall inside Cubune Tower!

:lynch&mcfail
"GENTLEMEN! DO SOMETHING!!! WE HAVE TO PROTECT OUR PHONEY BALONEY JOBS!!!!"

:knue
"I know just the trick! Let's start a whisper campaign against Frank Thomas! We can tell everyone it was Keith Foulke who started it, too!!!"

:morrisey
"Too late, you numbskull! Greenstein already used that one!"

:moron
"Hey guys, anything I can do to help?"

:chimp
"Get Verdi on the line. Tell him we need him to write more than his usual once per week smear job on Reinsdorf, the Sox, and indifferent Sox Fans."

:santo
"Omigod! My rug is on fire!"

:barney&sham
"No problem, Sammy. I'll do anything to help out the Tribune!"

moochpuppy
02-10-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Omigod, the alarm bells and sirens are ringing themselves off the wall inside Cubune Tower!

"I know just the trick! Let's start a whisper campaign against Frank Thomas! We can tell everyone it was Keith Foulke who started it, too!!!"

"Get Verdi on the line. Tell him we need him to write more than his usual once per week smear job on Reinsdorf, the Sox, and indifferent Sox Fans."

:giangreco

"I've got pictures of naked blue seats to show him."

:woo-woo

"Don't yu luv me no more?"

:bluerock

Just say NO!

Lip Man 1
02-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Remember the first step towards recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Congratulations on your desire to start seeing real baseball

Lip

Hangar18
02-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Congrats. You should be commended for making this very
Big First Step. Let the Indoctrinations begin.
there are many things to do first.

1. you'll have to change your screen name. there are hundred
of possibilities.....take your time.

2. History. there is a lot of history to brush up on....You are
REQUIRED TO KNOW IT. nothing worse than a fan who doesnt
know what hes talking about. The mantle of a soxfan is KNOWLEDGE.

3. paraphernalia. this is the good part. sox merchandise
looks Great. best looking of all the teams as a matter of fact.
Head over to Grandstand on 35th as your 1st assignment.
purchase a couple of Caps (one fitted preferably) and a couple
of Tshirts. A Jersey (preferably one each of Road, Home, and
Black one) will also be required dress Code. Code Must be ADHERED TO. when in public, something that says SOX must
be on your person, be it a pin, tie, jersey, Hat.

4. a WSI tshirt. this is also required, as member of this site.

5. I will take you to various establishments on the south side
(and no side) to introduce you to "safe houses" drinking holes.
you will be introduced to Jimbo, of Jimbos bar on 33rd.

6. You will be Required to Read/Interact as much baseball
knowledge as possible. this is a MUST. this isnt like the other
side of town, where you put on a hat and start drinking.
theres more to baseball South Of Madison Street than macking on
chicks and waiting for a Bud.

7. you will check in to the site here, and let us know of the number of steps completed so far. This mission if you should accept it will begin......Now.

CHISOXFAN13
02-10-2003, 11:02 AM
What the hell took you so long??

Anyway, welcome aboard. You have made a wise choice.

gogosoxgogo
02-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Good man, conversion is the best thing in the world. Now you can go out and become a missionary to all your flubbie friends. Just remember, you shouldn't tease or torture them, being a flub fan is a disease, just like alcoholism or cancer, and we need to give them all the help that they need.

Iwritecode
02-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Black one) will also be required dress Code. Code Must be ADHERED TO. when in public, something that says SOX must

7. you will check in to the site here, and let us know of the number of steps completed so far. This mission if you should accept it will begin......Now.

Geez, I don't think I've even met half those requirements...

#1 is debatable. It's not exactly a baseball name.
#2 I know some about the history but I have trouble remembering exact dates sometimes. I've never been real great at history of any kind.
#3 Got this covered.
#4 I was going to get one at Soxfest but there was a certain booth that wasn't there...
#5 Never been to any bars in Chicago. Usually don't have time. Two hours one-way is a long drive.
#6 Well, I'm on here daily...

:)

It's funny, when Mrs. IWC was informed of this decision she said "The rivalry will be gone. What will you two have to argue about?" Obviously she's never been on this site. We find plenty to argue/discuss amongst ourselves.

Foulke You
02-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Congratulations. Anyone who has made it through "Blue Rock Detox" deserves kudos. I'm glad that you recognized that being a Cubs fan only hurts the ones you love.

Take care and see you at Comiskey, brother of the pale hose!

gogosoxgogo
02-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
#4 I was going to get one at Soxfest but there was a certain booth that wasn't there...

Off topic, but why wasn't it there? I forgot about that until now.

It's funny, when Mrs. IWC was informed of this decision she said "The rivalry will be gone. What will you two have to argue about?" Obviously she's never been on this site. We find plenty to argue/discuss amongst ourselves.

I think I have more arguments with Sox fans than I do with Cub fans!

Hangar18
02-10-2003, 12:21 PM
Dont Worry Code....You meet the requirements......

delben91
02-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Congratulations on seeing the light! Welcome aboard and best of luck in your ongoing recovery.

:gulp:

Hangar18
02-10-2003, 12:31 PM
Being a Sox Fan is not an end of itself. It is a continuous
Journey, and one is always learning and Seeking Knowledge.
Therefore, what you know Today will be Different from
what you Learn tomorrow.

Go Sox

voodoochile
02-10-2003, 12:52 PM
Being a Sox Fan is not an end of itself. It is a continuous
Journey, and one is always learning and Seeking Knowledge.
Therefore, what you know Today will be Different from
what you Learn tomorrow.

Go Sox

Is this the Kung Fu philosophy of being a Sox fan? :D:
Seriously though...

Welcome to the Sox Family, CC1984. You are not the first nor the only person on this board to have made this switch. I too was at one time afflicted with the disease. You will need to take some steps to ensure you are not drawn back to the cute, cuddly, losing-is-okay mentality, dark side of the force that is known as baseball in Chicago.

I highly recommend that you pack up all your flubbie paraphanalia and burn it, but if that seems extreme, at least give the box to Code, who can bury it in his back yard or hide it permanently until you get over the shakes. Then you can burn it. Do not leave this stuff around where it can influence you. If the flubbies have a 3 game winning streak in June while only 10 games out of the playoffs, the media will start screaming "Here come the Flubbies!" and the shirts and hats will literally start talking to you. Take the posters off the wall, take the mugs out of the kitchen cabinet, spray paint the dog a different color and when in doubt...

:woo-woo
"Think of me..."

I'm not sure you need to buy yourself $500 worth of Sox merchandise immediately as H18 suggests, but get yourself a cap and start learing the slang...

:hawk
"You can put that can of corn on the board he hung whiffum... YES!"

:DJ
"What exactly does that mean?"

:hawk
"You're just jealous because I played with everyone in the HOF at some point in my career."

Just remember, it is okay to be upset when the Sox lose. Another beer will NOT make the pain go away. Speaking of beer, try to find a brand other than Bud to drink preferably something that tastes good, but if you must buy cheap beer than you should go even cheaper...

:beer

The path you are on is not an easy one. The flubbies will probably have at least one stretch where they manage to win a few games in a row this year and the disease will come knocking at your door when it happens. Hang tough and when in doubt, come to WSI. We will help talk you down...

Good Luck and one other thing...

(insert Kung Fu tag here)
"Well done, IWC you have earned your stripes today, Grasshopper."

Mammoo
02-10-2003, 01:02 PM
You've turned your back on the dark side and walked into the light, congratulations.

Now if the Cubs win their first ten games (highly unlikely) will you stick around?

You'll notice that the sun shines on the South Side as well and we actually understand the game of baseball, which should be a refreshing change to what you are used to!!!

alohafri
02-10-2003, 01:57 PM
(From Mrs. Aloha)

It always warms the cockles of my heart when people quit acting like sheep and decide to support real baseball in Chicago. I can't help but think less of folks who follow the scrubbies. I guess I can't fathom what the attraction is--that "ballclub"(and I use that term loosely)on the north side (and the fans who support it) is an embarassment to the great city of Chicago.

At any rate, welcome!! Glad to have you aboard!! :)

Procol Harum
02-10-2003, 01:59 PM
The angels rejoice (and I don't mean the ones in Anaheim) .....welcome to God's Forever Family, CC1984 (by the by, here's hopin' you change that moniker and soon)

Iwritecode
02-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
The angels rejoice (and I don't mean the ones in Anaheim) .....welcome to God's Forever Family, CC1984 (by the by, here's hopin' you change that moniker and soon)

Can I be the first to suggest ChiSox1983 as the new moniker?

Heck, even ChiSox1993 would work.

ChiSox2000?

voodoochile
02-10-2003, 02:30 PM
CC1984 (by the by, here's hopin' you change that moniker and soon)

How about some suggestions for our new found friend.

Here are some of mine...

1)Flubbies1969
2)ChiSox1906
3)WrigleySucks!
4)IQuitTheFlubbies
5)SoxBaseball-WinningCounts!
6)LosingIsNotAVirtue
7)IHateTheFlubbies (I think this one is now available)
8)ReformedBleacherBum
9)SoxFanSince2003

and of course...

10)ThanksCode

LuvSox
02-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Destroy everything you own with that stupid teddy bear on it. You must fight the urge to urinate on anyones lawn. Never, ever bring baseballs to the park with the sole intention of throwing them back and keeping the real homerun ball. Forget about Budweiser, we have all kinds of REAL beer. Leave your cell phone in the car. I can't stress that one enough. As initiation you must buy tix to the Sox/Cubs game at The Cell, wear a Sox jersey and sit in the bleachers. That is where the real action is. Welcome aboard!!!

ChiSox1983
02-10-2003, 02:37 PM

Yeah I know Mrs. IWC and she only goes to the Cell to get dipping dots!!! :D:

voodoochile
02-10-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox1983

Yeah I know Mrs. IWC and she only goes to the Cell to get dipping dots!!! :D:

LMAO!!! Welcome back with your new SN.

If you would like to keep your post history, it can be arranged to change the old SN into the new one. I can't do it, but others can. Send me an e-mail or a Private Message if you want to do it...

gogosoxgogo
02-10-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Can I be the first to suggest ChiSox1983 as the new moniker?

Heck, even ChiSox1993 would work.

ChiSox2000?

How about ChiSox2003? :)

ChiSox1983
02-10-2003, 02:56 PM

Ok Here is is my response to that

1) Done already its ChiSox1983
2) Working on it getting all Cubs history out of my head
3) Don't get paid untill Thursday and then mission accolmpished
4) Didn't see you guys at Sox Fest
5) Be there anytime for a beer (buy one for everyone too)
6) Thats okay I have lots of baseball knowledge

Cheryl
02-10-2003, 03:00 PM
Thats okay I have lots of baseball knowledge

Well then it's obvious you couldn't be a real Cubs fan. Welcome!

pudge
02-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Okay, I have to be honest about this, I don't believe someone can just "switch" after 20 years of loving one team. I have moved from city to city, watched great team after great team in various parts of the country, and yet still have no love greater than that for my Pale Hose. Something would have to go terribly wrong for me to change. Such as, the owner would have to be ten times WORSE than JR, or the players would all have to be total jerks. I really can't think of anything realistically that would make me switch... and the bottom line is, the Cubs have a lot of young pitching and really aren't in a bad spot for the future, as much as none of us would like to admit it. I would think this is probably an exciting time to be a Cubs fan, believe it or not. So.... my question is, to anyone out there who has "made the switch" in the past: Is it possible? Why did you do it? Do you really hate the team you formerly loved? I'm gonna need some serious convincing to buy it.

ChiSox1983
02-10-2003, 03:19 PM
my question is, to anyone out there who has "made the switch" in the past: Is it possible? Why did you do it? Do you really hate the team you formerly loved? I'm gonna need some serious convincing to buy it.

Let me tell you why after 20 seasons of Flub baseball I have seen 5 thats right 5 winning season's. I made the switch because its time!! I am sick of Sammy swinging for the fences and then striking out when he only needs a base hit to win or tie a game. I am tired of the Cubune saying there comitted to winning when they only won maybe 40% of there games 1519-1685 thats the record of the Cubs in my 20 years and you wonder why I switched

voodoochile
02-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Okay, I have to be honest about this, I don't believe someone can just "switch" after 20 years of loving one team. I have moved from city to city, watched great team after great team in various parts of the country, and yet still have no love greater than that for my Pale Hose. Something would have to go terribly wrong for me to change. Such as, the owner would have to be ten times WORSE than JR, or the players would all have to be total jerks. I really can't think of anything realistically that would make me switch... and the bottom line is, the Cubs have a lot of young pitching and really aren't in a bad spot for the future, as much as none of us would like to admit it. I would think this is probably an exciting time to be a Cubs fan, believe it or not. So.... my question is, to anyone out there who has "made the switch" in the past: Is it possible? Why did you do it? Do you really hate the team you formerly loved? I'm gonna need some serious convincing to buy it.

I did it in 1979. I was 16. I was really ticked at the Flubbies for blowing another chance at the post-season (or so I thought) during the summer and felt it was time to see what life was like on the South Side (I actually was raised in Hyde Park and went to school with Bill Veeck's kids). I admit to being influenced by the late great Mike Royko who also tried to switch (or so he wrote in a series of columns). I made it Mike didn't, oh well. I think it is very sad that Mike went his whole life without witnessing a Flubbie WS title.

During my younger days, my dad took me to games at both parks, but we tended to go to more games at Wrigley (especially opening day for about 3 years in a row). He wasn't a big sports fan, but we enjoyed the games. I ended up rooting for the flubbies during my late middle-school and early HS years, but really was only a true fan of the flubbies for about 5 years. I was a fan of the A's in the early 70's when they had those great teams and I was just learning about baseball. I am the only true "Sports Fan" in my family.

1983 (sophmore year in college) really sealed the deal for me and I never looked back. I think it is tougher for a lifelong fan to switch allegiance especially if their family members are all fans of one team. But, that doesn't mean it can't be done and I can definitely identify with the extreme frustration that can accompany being a fan of the flubbies. They are America's lovable losers and they wallow in it. If you are truly a fan of sports, that gets very very old...

WinningUgly!
02-10-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
How about some suggestions for our new found friend.

Here are some of mine...

1)Flubbies1969
2)ChiSox1906
3)WrigleySucks!
4)IQuitTheFlubbies
5)SoxBaseball-WinningCounts!
6)LosingIsNotAVirtue
7)IHateTheFlubbies (I think this one is now available)
8)ReformedBleacherBum
9)SoxFanSince2003

and of course...

10)ThanksCode
A few more Ideas...

DeadIvy
CubbieBlew
ReleasedFromWrigley
I_Killed_the_Ivy
SavedByTheSouthside
FollowingFlash
CubsNoMore
Sox>Cubs
WhatTheHellWasIThinking?

SouthSideHitman
02-10-2003, 07:24 PM
I did it in 1979. I was 16. I was really ticked at the Flubbies for blowing another chance at the post-season (or so I thought) during the summer and felt it was time to see what life was like on the South Side (I actually was raised in Hyde Park and went to school with Bill Veeck's kids). I admit to being influenced by the late great Mike Royko who also tried to switch (or so he wrote in a series of columns). I made it Mike didn't, oh well. I think it is very sad that Mike went his whole life without witnessing a Flubbie WS title.

Royko is one of the few cubs fans whose opinions that I will always respect, it wasn't his fault, he just got in too deep and that stuff just won't let go for some people, so sad. And just because my dad edited his books, I am contractually obligated to urge you all to go pick up One More Time and For the Love of Mike to read about his bouts with cubs fandom and his breif conversion.

Anywho, welcome aboard CS83, I think you'll find that the grass is greener down south (literally) and that you'll no longer feel that nagging tug of your conscience every time you put on a baseball hat. Mike Royko converted by swearing his oath on Bill Veeck's knee. Maybe you could do that on JR's checkbook, then pudge will believe you.

gosox3072
02-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Way to go CS83 just remember one thing....never say "Maybe next year!!!!!"

I made the switch but i was 8 years old :)

GOSOX--and NIU

34rancher
02-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Welcome aboard CS1983. I never knew there were so many "switchers" here. I think if someone here is at all talented, a knock-off video like Apple's but only for the Sox would be hilarious. Any thoughts?

davenicholson
02-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Well in honor of your leaving the dark side, I have decided to take the plunge and register after months of lurking. Won't be the most prolific poster as I'm just not as passionate about professional sports as I once was. I still follow the Sox, the Hawks and the Bears--I just don't let a loss (or series of losses, as the case may be!) by them ruin my day. Life is way too cool to get down over the local sports teams--I just cheer them on, get bummed out for a short time if they lose, and head for the links, the dojo or my kid's school concert. But man, there were a few years there when I thought my life was going to end at the hands of the damn Yankees, Canadians or Packers!

davenicholson

voodoochile
02-10-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by davenicholson
Well in honor of your leaving the dark side, I have decided to take the plunge and register after months of lurking. Won't be the most prolific poster as I'm just not as passionate about professional sports as I once was. I still follow the Sox, the Hawks and the Bears--I just don't let a loss (or series of losses, as the case may be!) by them ruin my day. Life is way too cool to get down over the local sports teams--I just cheer them on, get bummed out for a short time if they lose, and head for the links, the dojo or my kid's school concert. But man, there were a few years there when I thought my life was going to end at the hands of the damn Yankees, Canadians or Packers!

davenicholson

Nothing wrong with that. Losing sucks, but life is too short to let the actions of overpaid pampered millionaires who earn their livlihood playing a kids game ruin your day...

BTW, Welcome aboard. Surprised you didn't register earlier if for no other reason than to get rid of those popups urging you to register... :D:

EnricoPallazzo
02-11-2003, 02:53 AM
Welcome cs1983!

Your immortal baseball soul has been purified. You are born again! Praise the Lord and pass the churros!

I see you've chosen a new identity but I'll list the ones I was going to suggest anyway.

*Don't call me Richie
*Nice shorts!
*Oscar's Afro
*Let's Play One!
*One word Chappas...Stilts
*Wilbur's Belly

My son already has my favorite. He's hold2dibber. This encompasses the heartbreak and the resilience therefrom real Sox fans are rightfully proud of.

Free advice:
Get to the park as soon as you can so you can start sharpening your senses. Cub fans, for the most part, will start that high pitched scream every time a Cubbie makes contact, even on obvious doubleplay grounders for cripe petes. Every fly ball is prematurely judged to be a dinger. Sox fans are derided mercilessly by their peers when they experience this premature celebration. (If these symptoms persist, please see a Physician)

Free advice to ALL my fellow Sox fans:
Temper your scorn for unfortunate Cub fans with pity. As we have seen here, hope abounds. Abuse them gently, and they will come.

hsnterprize
02-11-2003, 06:36 AM
Welcome to the jungle, my friend. You've made a huge step towards total baseball enlightenment. Now remember...there are no celebrities singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch, the Sox shoot fireworks into the sky after every homer they hit, and we Sox fans have a strong passion for our team. We HATE it when the Sox lose, and we understand a beer isn't going to make the loss go away. We fans actually care about our team, and we want to see them win.

Congratulations on your becoming a real baseball fan here in the Windy City. Burn all your Cub stuff, and repeat after me..."Na, na, na, na,...na, na, na, na,...HEY, HEY, HEY,...GOODBYE!!!!!". If you need me to, I'll call Nancy Faust to play some accompanying music during your meditation.

hsnterprize
02-11-2003, 06:46 AM
Just remember, it is okay to be upset when the Sox lose. Another beer will NOT make the pain go away. Speaking of beer, try to find a brand other than Bud to drink preferably something that tastes good, but if you must buy cheap beer than you should go even cheaper...

:beer

[/B]

If it's beer our favorite team's newest fan must consume, why not Miller Genuine Draft? After all, isn't that the beer sold at the "Cell"?

baggio202
02-11-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

that is some seriously funny stuff !!!

voodoochile
02-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
If it's beer our favorite team's newest fan must consume, why not Miller Genuine Draft? After all, isn't that the beer sold at the "Cell"?

YUCK! MGD SUCKS! Given the choice, I'd drink Bud regardless of it's affiliations, but no worries, you can get almost any beer you want at The Cell. They even have Heinekin and Becks on tap at some locations. Just look around. Unlike TFUN (That Field Up North (Thanks, Woody)) there are multiple options on the south side. Not just making the Sox the thinking fans team but also the thiking drinking fans team also... :D:

baggio202
02-11-2003, 10:45 AM
YUCK! MGD SUCKS! Given the choice, I'd drink Bud regardless of it's affiliations, but no worries, you can get almost any beer you want at The Cell. They even have Heinekin and Becks on tap at some locations. Just look around. Unlike TFUN (That Field Up North (Thanks, Woody)) there are multiple options on the south side. Not just making the Sox the thinking fans team but also the thiking drinking fans team also... :D:

they had the "beers from around the world" stand last year in the outfield concourse...quite the selection for a ballpark

Hangar18
02-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Let me Just say this.

Budweiser SUCKS. and its not because it doensnt taste good,
(it tastes pretty good, compared to their low end Busch)
or its associated with the other team 8 miles north.
Its because every time I drink it, in whatever quantity I drink it
in......I GET A HANGOVER (next day) or a HEADACHE (same day)

I dont understand it. After a while, I put 2 and 2 together
and discovered Budweiser is simply Headache In A Can.
And no...this doesnt happen with any other beer. just bud.

Hangar18
02-11-2003, 12:00 PM
When I go to Club Wrigley for the Sox games,
I already know where to find the OldStyle guy (only beer
I drink in CLub Wrigley) Lower Deck towards RF, or
Upper Deck by the guys Trough by 3B.

FarmerAndy
02-11-2003, 12:07 PM

I was going to make a similar comment earlier, but didn't. I am a beer lover. And while on some occasions I'll have one too many at the ballpark and get a little hammered, my head is always in the game. I don't go to the game to get drunk. (It just happens sometimes.)

That being said, it's silly to choose what beer you like based on which beer sponsors the team you like. That's just being phony. People bash Budweiser because they sponsor the Cubs, that's silly. I really like Budweiser, and I love the Sox. Miller sponsors the Sox, but I think their beer is just plain bad, and I'm not going to drink it just because they sponsor the Sox.

Anyway, Voodoochile, that is a great point you made about Comiskey. They have so many beer options, there's something for everyone. (I just wish they would get Pabst!)

I think I was more mad when they switched from Coke to Pepsi than I ever have been about the beer brands.

vegyrex
02-11-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

I think I was more mad when they switched from Coke to Pepsi than I ever have been about the beer brands.

Same here. :angry:

PaleHoseGeorge
02-11-2003, 01:01 PM
I believe Comiskey serves more varieties of beer than any other ballpark in the league. Between the concourse stands and foot vendors, the Bullpen Bar, and the catering service, you can order practically anything you want.

I'm not saying this is a good reason to be a Sox Fan, but it certainly isn't a reason to not be a Sox Fan. The Cell has the best menu in the majors--and that includes beer.

:gulp:

ohalloran
02-11-2003, 01:33 PM
As a new member I've kept quiet about being a recovering ex-cubs fan. I didn't realize there were so many here.

Iwritecode
02-11-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by ohalloran
As a new member I've kept quiet about being a recovering ex-cubs fan. I didn't realize there were so many here.

Maybe we should rename this place Ex-Cubfans Anonymous...

Hi, my name is ... and I used to be a Cub fan.