PDA

View Full Version : whats the beef?

DustyIsOverated1
02-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Help me out here, If the Sox are still in the hunt for Rogers, where exactly are they going to aquire the money? They will have to trade for guy, is the Kenny Rogers situation just hosebaggin' or do you guy think/heard it is still possible? It would be nice to get another lefty :D:

SoxxoS
02-09-2003, 02:38 PM
:reinsy

Yeah, umm... I'm not sure yet...

It's all up to what he wants to do.

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 04:02 PM
I'm guessing we offered in the range of 1.5 million plus incentives over one year. Basically, if comes here, it will be to win, not for money.

DustyIsOverated1
02-09-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
I'm guessing we offered in the range of 1.5 million plus incentives over one year. Basically, if comes here, it will be to win, not for money.

no offense to our beloved sox but the Bo sox have the same chance/odds of "winning" and would probably offer more $

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by DustyIsOverated1
no offense to our beloved sox but the Bo sox have the same chance/odds of "winning" and would probably offer more $

I agree. I've said it before, Rogers will not be on the southside next year. The only difference I could see is that the Red Sox have to go through the Yankees first and if they don't, have a very tough battle for that wild card with the AL West.

upnorthsox
02-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
I agree. I've said it before, Rogers will not be on the southside next year. The only difference I could see is that the Red Sox have to go through the Yankees first and if they don't, have a very tough battle for that wild card with the AL West.

IMO Rogers is only interested in $$$$ and won't accept less to play for a "winner", that's why he hired Borass. Besides, he's weak(as in no 'nads) and would probably be bitter after shafting himself turning down the Texas offer. I'd like a lefty also but I see bigtime red flags with Rogers.

Even though it gets a bad rap, the AL Central will produce the WC winner. Book It!

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by upnorthsox
[B]IMO Rogers is only interested in $$$$ and won't accept less to play for a "winner", that's why he hired Borass. Besides, he's weak(as in no 'nads) and would probably be bitter after shafting himself turning down the Texas offer. I'd like a lefty also but I see bigtime red flags with Rogers.

I agree with you. He won't be on the Sox next year. I see him going to Boston. Oh yeah, I found this for any reference of him going to Pittsburg:

Contrary to a report in the Chicago Tribune, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported the Pirates appeared to have no interest in signing lefty Kenny Rogers. "We've acquired all the pitching that we'll likely have," GM Dave Littlefield said. "That could change, but an outfielder is our need right now."

Even though it gets a bad rap, the AL Central will produce the WC winner. Book It!

I sure hope so, because I have the Sox to win the Central.