PDA

View Full Version : Okay i will be the first....


Bmr31
02-09-2003, 01:04 AM
....to mention this crazy possibility. But, stranger things have happended. I sense a magical year for the sox and there is absolute parity in the NL. Could it be, can it be, will it be.........the year of the all Chicago world series? Haha, well i can dream............

soxnut
02-09-2003, 01:07 AM
After the beginning of last year, and how well things started out, and then how things finished. I will no longer predict :(:

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
After the beginning of last year, and how well things started out, and then how things finished. I will no longer predict :(:

Yeah but it is possible!! Woohoo, anything is possible in February! :)

WinningUgly!
02-09-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Yeah but it is possible!! Woohoo, anything is possible in February! :)

Yep, this is the time of year that fans of both teams are able to do most of their smack talking.

Lip Man 1
02-09-2003, 02:06 AM
To use the words of BMR..."this whole thread is pointless"

It's NOT going to happen on EITHER side of town. I'll be happy to win one home game in the playoffs.

Lip

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
To use the words of BMR..."this whole thread is pointless"

It's NOT going to happen on EITHER side of town. I'll be happy to win one home game in the playoffs.

Lip

Yeah except my pointless view is optimism and your pointless views are negative.

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
To use the words of BMR..."this whole thread is pointless"

It's NOT going to happen on EITHER side of town. I'll be happy to win one home game in the playoffs.

Lip

Ah, Lip... The realist.

The words of truth - they sting,
But, too, they sadly bring,
A never-ending misery,
Compacted without glimmer, see,
White Sox without a championship ring.

Soon we'll see the fortune and the fame,
Surrounding baseball and its names,
Through gladness and sorrow,
We'll hope again tomorrow,
For that is why we watch the game.

Call the above what you wish, but, if there was no hope, then why the hell do you care? If you know that the White Sox aren't going to make it to the World Series why are you still here?

I just don't get it. If you can explain it, fine, but, please, don't go into a mode where you say you've watched Chicago baseball for years and no team has won and they're not going to, so, why care?

Please, clarify this. I'd appreciate it.

DVG
02-09-2003, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Ah, Lip... The realist.

The words of truth - they sting,
But, too, they sadly bring,
A never-ending misery,
Compacted without glimmer, see,
White Sox without a championship ring.

Soon we'll see the fortune and the fame,
Surrounding baseball and its names,
Through gladness and sorrow,
We'll hope again tomorrow,
For that is why we watch the game.



Whoa, man. That's heavy.

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 03:41 AM
I take pride in and credit myself for being a good writer, whether it's prose, essay or poetry. Rarely do I get a chance to show my more poetic side, but, it worked well there.

In other words, thanks for the compliment, DVG.

:smile:

harwar
02-09-2003, 08:17 AM
.If they are in the Series together,the White Sox would be lucky if they even got metioned.It would be a freaking cub fest.One thing is for sure,EVERYONE across America would be excited.It takes me days to recover after a regular inter-league series.If we faced the cubs in the fall classic i fear it would be the end of me.It would really be something to see tho.

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
To use the words of BMR..."this whole thread is pointless"

It's NOT going to happen on EITHER side of town. I'll be happy to win one home game in the playoffs.

Lip

I'll take one win period.

pearso66
02-09-2003, 11:07 AM
yeah the headline after the Sox win would be

CUBS LOSE

in it would be no mention of the sox winning

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by pearso66
yeah the headline after the Sox win would be

CUBS LOSE

in it would be no mention of the sox winning

Or, CUBS WIN THE PENNANT! Umpires screw them out of World Series.

You know, I almost want to see an all-Chicago series just to see the newspaper coverage when each team wins the pennant, and then during each game. I would just laugh.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Or, CUBS WIN THE PENNANT! Umpires screw them out of World Series.

You know, I almost want to see an all-Chicago series just to see the newspaper coverage when each team wins the pennant, and then during each game. I would just laugh.

Okay you may have some issues if there were an all Chicago world series and your focus is on media coverage....

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Okay you may have some issues if there were an all Chicago world series and your focus is on media coverage....

Sorry, I didn't word that too well. I meant that it would be an added bonus to kicking some blue ass.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Sorry, I didn't word that too well. I meant that it would be an added bonus to kicking some blue ass.

ohhh okay. Still, i just dont get the obsession with the media. Who gives a crap if the sox get no respect. I mean honestly, what have they done to earn respect? Yeah, i know, the Cubs havent either, but theyve been on a superstation for many years.

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
ohhh okay. Still, i just dont get the obsession with the media. Who gives a crap if the sox get no respect. I mean honestly, what have they done to earn respect? Yeah, i know, the Cubs havent either, but theyve been on a superstation for many years.

I see your point, but it still makes me mad. Whenever the Cubs do something, they are praised and considered world series contendors. When the Sox make a move, if they get any coverage at all, it's immediately bashed by the media and made to look bad. This offseason, the Sox have done so much more to improve their team, and the Cubs still have the media advantage. It just really pisses me off.

Paulwny
02-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
....to mention this crazy possibility. But, stranger things have happended. I sense a magical year for the sox and there is absolute parity in the NL. Could it be, can it be, will it be.........the year of the all Chicago world series? Haha, well i can dream............

At this time of the year I always think of the "Miracle Mets", when a young pitching staff put it all together and the rest is history.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
I see your point, but it still makes me mad. Whenever the Cubs do something, they are praised and considered world series contendors. When the Sox make a move, if they get any coverage at all, it's immediately bashed by the media and made to look bad. This offseason, the Sox have done so much more to improve their team, and the Cubs still have the media advantage. It just really pisses me off.

I still dont get it.... :?:

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
At this time of the year I always think of the "Miracle Mets", when a young pitching staff put it all together and the rest is history.

Yeah, lol but i hate to bust your bubble......Werent those "young" pitchers Ryan, Seaver, and Koosman?

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
I still dont get it.... :?:

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Paulwny
02-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Yeah, lol but i hate to bust your bubble......Werent those "young" pitchers Ryan, Seaver, and Koosman?

Yep, but they were only young guns prior to that year. If young pitchers on a team develop at ~ the same time you can catch lightning in a bottle.

FanOf14
02-09-2003, 12:30 PM
To be honest Bmr, I think you have to live in Chicago to get the media beefs. I have gotten to a point where I generally ignore Chicago sports writers, but occasionally it does get on my nerves.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I can honestly see why there is preferential coverage. I mean the trib/cub connection, the lovable losers thing, a national audience, Harry Carey......the cubs are just more popular. Until the sox do something like WIN, its always gonna be this way.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
To be honest Bmr, I think you have to live in Chicago to get the media beefs. I have gotten to a point where I generally ignore Chicago sports writers, but occasionally it does get on my nerves.


I lived in Chicago for 20 years, i still dont get it.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Yep, but they were only young guns prior to that year. If young pitchers on a team develop at ~ the same time you can catch lightning in a bottle.

Oh yeah it can happen but i just dont think we have 3 future hall of famers at our disposal......

Paulwny
02-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Oh yeah it can happen but i just dont think we have 3 future hall of famers at our disposal......

I agree, but then .....................

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
I can honestly see why there is preferential coverage. I mean the trib/cub connection, the lovable losers thing, a national audience, Harry Carey......the cubs are just more popular. Until the sox do something like WIN, its always gonna be this way.

Oh and dont forget day games. Day games provide easier media coverage and loyalty from the younger fan.

Cheryl
02-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
To be honest Bmr, I think you have to live in Chicago to get the media beefs. I have gotten to a point where I generally ignore Chicago sports writers, but occasionally it does get on my nerves.

Exactly. I even understand why the guys at the Cubune do it--they're owned by the same company that owns the Cubs. I really don't get the Sox-bashing that comes from any other media outlet. That's the stuff that really annoys me.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Exactly. I even understand why the guys at the Cubune do it--they're owned by the same company that owns the Cubs. I really don't get the Sox-bashing that comes from any other media outlet. That's the stuff that really annoys me.

No offense, but if you Chicago people hate it so much, go to a sox game.

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 01:00 PM
And all those cute giveaways that everybody loves because that shows the Cubs care about family.

Don't forget the 7th-inning stretch. A lot of people come out for that. Especially when they have a boy band, it's amazing how many young girls there are.

That's the problem with Wrigley. Even from the young age of those girls, the Cubs are trying to win their allegiance through gimmicks and celebrities.

It's true. Wrigley Field is nothing more than a circus inside a baseball field.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
And all those cute giveaways that everybody loves because that shows the Cubs care about family.

Don't forget the 7th-inning stretch. A lot of people come out for that. Especially when they have a boy band, it's amazing how many young girls there are.

That's the problem with Wrigley. Even from the young age of those girls, the Cubs are trying to win their allegiance through gimmicks and celebrities.

It's true. Wrigley Field is nothing more than a circus inside a baseball field.

SO what youre really saying is, the cubs are also better at promoting their ball club.

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Yes and no.

The Cubs are good at promoting people to come out to Wrigley Field to "experience the wonderful Wrigley Field."

The Cubs are not better at promoting their ballclub because they don't promote their ballclub; they promote Wrigley Field, the celebrities that are going to sing and the giveaways.

That's why it's a circus. You get people who come out for the gimmicks and the celebrities and the experience, but not for the baseball.

Of course, it's the Cubs. You're not going to draw many people if you only promote the Cubs baseball team. That's why you have to draw people out any way you can, and, ever since Wrigley Field has been labeled "The Shrine," more and more people come out, but not for baseball.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Yes and no.

The Cubs are good at promoting people to come out to Wrigley Field to "experience the wonderful Wrigley Field."

The Cubs are not better at promoting their ballclub because they don't promote their ballclub; they promote Wrigley Field, the celebrities that are going to sing and the giveaways.

That's why it's a circus. You get people who come out for the gimmicks and the celebrities and the experience, but not for the baseball.

Of course, it's the Cubs. You're not going to draw many people if you only promote the Cubs baseball team. That's why you have to draw people out any way you can, and, ever since Wrigley Field has been labeled "The Shrine," more and more people come out, but not for baseball.

True. However, watch commercials. Are those commercials truly focusing on their product, or our insecurities and desires? The Cubs are brilliant in that way....

voodoochile
02-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
True. However, watch commercials. Are those commercials truly focusing on their product, or our insecurities and desires? The Cubs are brilliant in that way....

So true and the effects can be seen very dramatically this off season. If you look back at Hanger18's past "Media Watch" threads, you will see the flubbies had a huge advantage in articles just a few short weeks ago. That included the rumors about IRod and others (it's a slow off season for sports in Chicago because the Bulls suck and the Hawks have been struggling). However once the Sox got rolling (Colon, the minor league deals, renaming rights and Soxfest) they started to make up the discrepency in huge chunks. Once our marketing improved - by signing some big names and announcing the stadium deal and making them public, the team started getting more coverage. Yeah, you can't have big deals every day, but the Sox need to do a better job of keeping their name in print even more so with the natural built in advantages that Bmr has already pointed out - like being owned by the Trib...

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 01:27 PM
I agree.

The White Sox have the same tired approach that they've had for the last few years. The commercial has some words written in white on a black screen, the announcer says something, and some pictures are shown. That's pretty much the format.

The Cubs, on the other hand, from what I recall, focus a lot better in their commercials.

First, they show all the action in the sun, which might persuade people to come out then, instead of at night.

Second, they show Sammy Sosa hitting home runs and jumping up and down and blowing his kisses. And, very smartly, they show him a lot in the commercials.

Third, the Cubs also promote the people having fun. They have giveaways, celebrities and the "experience." Not only that, they show men and women drinking, laughing, and having a good time, talking to each other. This shows that you can come to Wrigley Field just for fun. They also show people watching the game and when Sham-Me hits a zinger, the crowd behind him erupting. That shows that people can come to the ballpark and watch the game while having fun.

The Cubs, quite simply, are brilliantly marketed. It doesn't hurt to have a media giant behind you, though.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
I agree.

The White Sox have the same tired approach that they've had for the last few years. The commercial has some words written in white on a black screen, the announcer says something, and some pictures are shown. That's pretty much the format.

The Cubs, on the other hand, from what I recall, focus a lot better in their commercials.

First, they show all the action in the sun, which might persuade people to come out then, instead of at night.

Second, they show Sammy Sosa hitting home runs and jumping up and down and blowing his kisses. And, very smartly, they show him a lot in the commercials.

Third, the Cubs also promote the people having fun. They have giveaways, celebrities and the "experience." Not only that, they show men and women drinking, laughing, and having a good time, talking to each other. This shows that you can come to Wrigley Field just for fun. They also show people watching the game and when Sham-Me hits a zinger, the crowd behind him erupting. That shows that people can come to the ballpark and watch the game while having fun.

The Cubs, quite simply, are brilliantly marketed. It doesn't hurt to have a media giant behind you, though.

And the most memorable marketing strategy for the sox in recent memory is..........."Good guys wear black". Where the hell did that guy go to school. Yeah THATS going to sell your product. The cubs sell a dream every season......i hate the cubs, but even when i watch a cub game, i feel like a kid again.

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
And the most memorable marketing strategy for the sox in recent memory is..........."Good guys wear black". Where the hell did that guy go to school. Yeah THATS going to sell your product. The cubs sell a dream every season......i hate the cubs, but even when i watch a cub game, i feel like a kid again.

Well, when you were listening to Joe Carter and Chip Caray, it was the only way to understand what they were saying.

Don't forget. "White Sox Baseball - The Kids Can Play"

It's true, watching the Cubs does make you feel younger. But, watching the Cubs too much makes your brain turn to mush.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Well, when you were listening to Joe Carter and Chip Caray, it was the only way to understand what they were saying.

Don't forget. "White Sox Baseball - The Kids Can Play"

It's true, watching the Cubs does make you feel younger. But, watching the Cubs too much makes your brain turn to mush.

Hey, when Harry Carey was there, i LOVED watching Cub games. I would always root for the other team, but it was fun. Lets go even further into this, Hawk Harrelson doesnt do much to bring excitement to our team. He and DJ are so boring. There are so many easy quick fixes to our marketing....

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Here JR, i hope you are reading this. Your next slogan is based on sox fans. You focus on the die hard sox fans, show memorable scenes from the past, and end it with...."REAL fans go to baseball games."

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Hey, when Harry Carey was there, i LOVED watching Cub games. I would always root for the other team, but it was fun. Lets go even further into this, Hawk Harrelson doesnt do much to bring excitement to our team. He and DJ are so boring. There are so many easy quick fixes to our marketing....

I'll admit. I never had a chance to hear Harry Caray, so my opinion on him has always been neutral.

However, Hawk has at least 4-5 years left on an 8-year contract he signed a couple years back. The White Sox and Fox have said they like Darrin Jackson, so he's going to stick around.

They may not be overly lively, but, if you're watching the game on TV, the point isn't to have some wrestling-like announcer doing the play-by-play. You can see the action for yourself. Therefore, the TV guys are to entertain the viewers somewhat during dead periods of baseball and to explain things that happen.

Radio is where you need the very charismatic people who get excited easier and are able to describe every litle thing that happens.

There are quick fixes to everything. The White Sox don't need quick fixes. They need strong gradual changes to make sure things don't get to the state they once were in again. Quick fixes don't last. They plug a hole for a while until the hole becomes bigger than it was before.

My point is, sure, you can try to make a minor adjustment to White Sox marketing, but that's not going to solve anything in the long run. If you want to make something better, you need to totally replace it or make huge changes. The White Sox need to get rid of most, if not all, of their current marketing program employees and bring in more competant people who can draw people to the park. A few modifications here and there isn't going to do it, at all.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
I'll admit. I never had a chance to hear Harry Caray, so my opinion on him has always been neutral.

However, Hawk has at least 4-5 years left on an 8-year contract he signed a couple years back. The White Sox and Fox have said they like Darrin Jackson, so he's going to stick around.

They may not be overly lively, but, if you're watching the game on TV, the point isn't to have some wrestling-like announcer doing the play-by-play. You can see the action for yourself. Therefore, the TV guys are to entertain the viewers somewhat during dead periods of baseball and to explain things that happen.

Radio is where you need the very charismatic people who get excited easier and are able to describe every litle thing that happens.

There are quick fixes to everything. The White Sox don't need quick fixes. They need strong gradual changes to make sure things don't get to the state they once were in again. Quick fixes don't last. They plug a hole for a while until the hole becomes bigger than it was before.

My point is, sure, you can try to make a minor adjustment to White Sox marketing, but that's not going to solve anything in the long run. If you want to make something better, you need to totally replace it or make huge changes. The White Sox need to get rid of most, if not all, of their current marketing program employees and bring in more competant people who can draw people to the park. A few modifications here and there isn't going to do it, at all.
\

Several quick fixes turn into huge changes. You cant change something overnight and what the sox need is IMMEDIATE improvement.

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Here JR, i hope you are reading this. Your next slogan is based on sox fans. You focus on the die hard sox fans, show memorable scenes from the past, and end it with...."REAL fans go to baseball games."

That's very good. It appeals to the older people and shows the younger people the history. In fact, show older events to increasingly new events. Say stuff like, "The White Sox have had many great memories in the past." Show older events here. "There's been great memories the last few years, too." Show 1993 and 2000 celebrations.

"There are great memories every year." Then, show a couple great moments from last year that took place at then-Comiskey Park.

End with: "Who knows what spectacular moments may happen this year?" Show the World Series championship trophy and then the contact screen for the White Sox and US Cellular Field.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
That's very good. It appeals to the older people and shows the younger people the history. In fact, show older events to increasingly new events. Say stuff like, "The White Sox have had many great memories in the past." Show older events here. "There's been great memories the last few years, too." Show 1993 and 2000 celebrations.

"There are great memories every year." Then, show a couple great moments from last year that took place at then-Comiskey Park.

End with: "Who knows what spectacular moments may happen this year?" Show the World Series championship trophy and then the contact screen for the White Sox and US Cellular Field.


Ahhh build it and they will come.........you have some good ideas, too.

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
\

Several quick fixes turn into huge changes. You cant change something overnight and what the sox need is IMMEDIATE improvement.

Exactly. I was just saying that most of the time, quick fixes are superficial and the only way to truly improve anything is to make a fully better product. The White Sox do need it immediately, and I hope that they do find a way to continue righting the ship so that it may sail to a championship.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 02:13 PM
Hmm with all the excitement i almost didnt notice my 3000th post...wow....

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Ahhh build it and they will come.........you have some good ideas, too.

What about this?

The commercial opens with a logo of the Chicago White Sox.

Then, pictures of players start showing up with a voiceover saying who they are.

(With each name said, the picture is shown)

"Shoeless Joe Jackson"
"Nellie Fox"
"Luis Aparicio"
"Luke Appling"
"Minnie Minoso"
"Billy Pierce"
"Carlton Fisk"
"Harold Baines"

"There have been a lot of White Sox greats. Almost all of them helped the White Sox to the playoffs. Many of them to the World Series."

Show pictures of Ordonez, Thomas, Konerko, Buehrle, Crede. "Don't miss the opportunity to see the future White Sox greats lead their team to something only one White Sox great has done." Show picture of the World Series trophy... Show contact screen for White Sox and US Cellular Field.

The commercial needs some hammering out, but, the thing with "only White Sox great has done" is Shoeless Joe leading the White Sox to the championship in 1917. If I missed any other greats, sorry, those were the ones off the top of my head.

But, how's that commercial sound?

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
What about this?

The commercial opens with a logo of the Chicago White Sox.

Then, pictures of players start showing up with a voiceover saying who they are.

(With each name said, the picture is shown)

"Shoeless Joe Jackson"
"Nellie Fox"
"Luis Aparicio"
"Luke Appling"
"Minnie Minoso"
"Billy Pierce"
"Carlton Fisk"
"Harold Baines"

"There have been a lot of White Sox greats. Almost all of them helped the White Sox to the playoffs. Many of them to the World Series."

Show pictures of Ordonez, Thomas, Konerko, Buehrle, Crede. "Don't miss the opportunity to see the future White Sox greats lead their team to something only one White Sox great has done." Show picture of the World Series trophy... Show contact screen for White Sox and US Cellular Field.

The commercial needs some hammering out, but, the thing with "only White Sox great has done" is Shoeless Joe leading the White Sox to the championship in 1917. If I missed any other greats, sorry, those were the ones off the top of my head.

But, how's that commercial sound?

I think we both have excellent ideas and i think the sox should hire us immediately. :)

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 02:18 PM
I just realized that if VoodooChile hadn't posted, Page 3 would've been only us, Bmr31. Congrats on 3,000. That's very cool.

:smile:

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
I think we both have excellent ideas and i think the sox should hire us immediately. :)

Why not? It couldn't hurt. I don't think White Sox marketers would like a mid-teenager coming into work with them, though.

I wonder what a marketing job would pay?

:smile:

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Why not? It couldn't hurt. I don't think White Sox marketers would like a mid-teenager coming into work with them, though.

I wonder what a marketing job would pay?

:smile:

Uh, a lot more than you or i make..... :o:

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Uh, a lot more than you or i make..... :o:

Yeah, anything is more than nothing.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Yeah, anything is more than nothing.

Go get a job you lazy punk, hahahaha. :D:

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 03:16 PM
You two have some great ideas. Why can't Gallas do anything? Why are the Sox so incompetant. I mean, this is their job! You'd think they'd be able to come up with SOMETHING.

WhiteSox = Life
02-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Go get a job you lazy punk, hahahaha. :D:

Most of my time is spent doing homework or posting here. I've no time to get a real job. That's why it Gallas hires me, I can do most of my thinking and working at home and on the boards!

Ah, the perfect plan. All Gallas has to do is read this and contact me. Now, the waiting game...
...
...
...
...
Oh, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry, Hungry Hippos!

:D:

DVG
02-10-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life

In other words, thanks for the compliment, DVG.

:smile:

You're welcome. It was quite good.

Konerko05
02-10-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
I think we both have excellent ideas and i think the sox should hire us immediately. :)

Get a room guys.

Iwritecode
02-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
You two have some great ideas. Why can't Gallas do anything? Why are the Sox so incompetant. I mean, this is their job! You'd think they'd be able to come up with SOMETHING.

I had a marketing class in high school once. It's amazing once I learned how to recognize good advertising, how much bad stuff is out there. Then I stop and think how much money people are paying to have this stuff created and I just have to shake my head and laugh.

If I had a creative bone in my body, I would have liked to have gone into advertising. I'm too left-brained for it though...