PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Chicago to Report on "Comiskey Controversy"

Viva Magglio
02-08-2003, 10:32 PM
I don't know if this is related to the thread about ISFA, but it's supposedly coming up on Fox News Chicago (Ch. 32).

kevingrt
02-08-2003, 10:35 PM
Interesting... You made me turn to Fox News for the 1st time ever, I think.

What Comiskey deal not done????

Viva Magglio
02-08-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
What Comiskey deal not done????

The Illinois Sports Facility Authority has to approve it which I believe will be a mere formality. I think Fox News Chicago is just trying to create a controversy by implying that the deal will come unglued. Gee, yet another example of the great treatment the media gives us!

TornLabrum
02-09-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
The Illinois Sports Facility Authority has to approve it which I believe will be a mere formality. I think Fox News Chicago is just trying to create a controversy by implying that the deal will come unglued. Gee, yet another example of the great treatment the media gives us!

Check your calendars, pal. It's sweeps month. What better way to jack up your viewership than to create a non-story like this to go along with, "Do Wonderbras cause cancer?"

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Fox has by far the stupidest non-news related stories ever. They are blowing this way out of proportion. The authority just needs to sign and it will, there is no issue here.

WinningUgly!
02-09-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Fox has by far the stupidest non-news related stories ever. They are blowing this way out of proportion. The authority just needs to sign and it will, there is no issue here.

I don't watch Fox News Chicago, but they don't sound much different than the Fox News Channel. The actual news is not as important to them as the entertainment factor.

Fox is to news, what WWF is to sports. :D:

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I don't watch Fox News Chicago, but they don't sound much different than the Fox News Channel. The actual news is not as important to them as the entertainment factor.

Fox is to news, what WWF is to sports. :D:

Well said. They are just looking to boost their miserable ratings with non-news related stories. This wouldn't be their only time. They simply figure that by stirring in a little controversy, and them being the first one to report it, they will gain viewership. Cheap tactic which doesn't work.

kevingrt
02-09-2003, 01:47 PM
Fox is to news, what WWF is to sports.

Your exactly right! That's why I don't watch it!