PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary JR!


MaggPipes
02-08-2003, 09:53 PM
:(

Exactly 22 years ago today he bought our franchise.

RedPinStripes
02-08-2003, 09:55 PM
And there are so many memories of all the great championship teams he built in 22 years! What an owner!

kevingrt
02-08-2003, 10:24 PM
Just amazing to see how a franchise can prosper so much under the great guidance of JR! We love ya JR!

Hey if we win it all this year, we do love ya JR!

Lip Man 1
02-08-2003, 11:47 PM
22 years and Sox fans are still paying the price!

Lip

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Why isn't this a national holiday?

gosox41
02-09-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
:(

Exactly 22 years ago today he bought our franchise.

I remember that press conference. Building a "first class" ball club. How's that working out for him and Eddie?

Bob

Procol Harum
02-09-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Why isn't this a national holiday?

It probably is in the rest of the country--JR has done pretty well in making sure that no baseball dynasties have arisen on the South Side...as for White Sox fans, it should be a day of penance and fasting... :(:

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Just amazing to see how a franchise can prosper so much under the great guidance of JR! We love ya JR!

Hey if we win it all this year, we do love ya JR!

Whooa, the guy is not a moron. He has 6 rings in another sport.

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Whooa, the guy is not a moron. He has 6 rings in another sport.

I'm still waiting for him to cash those 6 championships in for one world series trophy.

Bmr31
02-09-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
I'm still waiting for him to cash those 6 championships in for one world series trophy.


*****!!! :D:

Cheryl
02-09-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
I'm still waiting for him to cash those 6 championships in for one world series trophy.

That's what he tells us, over and over, is more important than those six rings.

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Why isn't this a national holiday?

more like a national day of mourning.

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl


That's what he tells us, over and over, is more important than those six rings.

That's why I said that.

Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan


more like a national day of mourning.

Sorry, should have been in teal. I just didn't feel like it and felt it was obvious enough that I didn't have to expend the energy.