PDA

View Full Version : New Affiliate

doctor30th
02-08-2003, 02:14 PM
I don't no if anyone else said anything about this but there is a new affiliate listed on the White Sox home page The Great Falls White Sox A rookie A ball team.

doctor30th
02-08-2003, 02:26 PM
I just noticed that the Great falls team was previously with the dodgers organization and is located in Montana.

kevingrt
02-08-2003, 09:29 PM
A Montana baseball team? Where do they play Yosmetie Park?

doctor30th
02-08-2003, 09:34 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they play in Great Falls Montana. Being the Great Falls White Sox and all.

baggio202
02-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
A Montana baseball team? Where do they play Yosmetie Park?

lmao :D:

Lip Man 1
02-08-2003, 10:44 PM
As someone who covers the Idaho Falls Padres in the Pioneer League I can tell you that Great Falls does play in Great Falls, Montana. They have a very nice stadium.

The Pioneer League is a rookie league that starts the season around June 15 and plays through Labor Day.

Great Falls for years was the Dodgers affiliate. I have no idea why they dropped them.

Former Sox pitcher Rich Dotson was named pitching coach for great Falls and I look forward to seeing him when they come to I.F.

Lip

doctor30th
02-08-2003, 11:37 PM
I believe the White sox are just switching there partial season rookie league from Arizona to Great falls acctually.

LongDistanceFan
02-08-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
As someone who covers the Idaho Falls Padres in the Pioneer League I can tell you that Great Falls does play in Great Falls, Montana. They have a very nice stadium.

The Pioneer League is a rookie league that starts the season around June 15 and plays through Labor Day.

Great Falls for years was the Dodgers affiliate. I have no idea why they dropped them.

Former Sox pitcher Rich Dotson was named pitching coach for great Falls and I look forward to seeing him when they come to I.F.

Lip

why are the sox switching from arz? i thought jerry love the arz area and that was why he moved spring training there.

Lip Man 1
02-09-2003, 02:18 AM
Perhaps Great Falls offered a better deal to the Sox or perhaps the Sox got tired of "sharing" a site (I think Arizona also has a minor league team that uses Tuscon Electric Park after the major league teams break camp and head North)

Lip

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 11:14 AM
I think they're just adding another one. Where has anyone heard about them dropping Ariz?

gogosoxgogo
02-09-2003, 11:16 AM
oops, nm, I see now on whitesox.com. I have no problem with this. Just moving climate.