PDA

View Full Version : Sox-7

Sad
02-07-2003, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure if Im the only one in this boat, but I assumed the SOX-7 order form would be linked thru the website?

:?:

after repeatedly seeing the same message:

"SOX 7 forms available in February"

and no apparent SOX-7 order form /page, I emailed the ticket office and they sent me the form as a .pdf attachment...

the ticket agent I spoke with said they've already received alot of these orders...

just an FYI for those interested in this

GO SOX!

Iwritecode
02-07-2003, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know if this is considered one of the package deals that will make AS tickets easier to get?

Foulke You
02-07-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Does anyone know if this is considered one of the package deals that will make AS tickets easier to get?

I don't know, but I just sent an email asking that very question. If I get a timely response I will share the info.

Sad- Thanks for the heads up about the Sox 7 order form

anewman35
02-07-2003, 12:54 PM

It was made clear on the form that I picked up at Soxfest that, no, it isn't.

jeremyb1
02-07-2003, 12:55 PM

it strikes me as unlikely but possible. i had a seven pack in '00 and received playoff tickets. they may not give out as many all-star game tickets since there's only one game and there's more demand. additionally, they may sell more full plans this season so its hard to say.

voodoochile
02-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by anewman35

Hey, welcome aboard and thanks for the info....

voodoochile
02-07-2003, 02:09 PM
Can someone post a link to the Sox Ticket Reps e-mail address or possibly just upload the PDF file for the Sox-7 if it isn't too big.

Iwritecode
02-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by anewman35

Well crap, that just figures... My wife of all people had mentioned going to the AS game this year. Something about it being a once-in-a-lifetime type of thing. OK, maybe not once-in-a-lifetime, but it'll probably be another 20 years until it comes back to the southside.

Sadly, there's no way I can afford (or find time to use) an entire season-ticket package. :whiner: I guess I'll have to take my chances with the few thousand tickets that will be leftover after the season ticket holders get their cracks at them... :(:

Rocklive99
02-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the info sad.

I think the address is tickets@whitesox.mlb.com , or you can go to http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/help/cws_help_contact_us.jsp .

Code, I think you get ASG tickets with partial season tickets (Don't know the specifics, I think they pick where you sit), but not sure if you can afford those, or theres always those places places like BestSeats or someone off Ebay, but that might be expensive too. I'll let ya know if I find some kind of good deal, cause I'm looking too.

ozzman
02-07-2003, 08:49 PM
could someone please post a copy of this pdf or email me? thanks

Iwritecode
02-18-2003, 01:46 PM
The Sox-7 (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/schedule/cws_schedule_specials.jsp) order form is up on the website now...

dllrbll7
02-18-2003, 03:35 PM
How does the Sox7 Package work with the half price mondays and tuesdays? Do you still get them at half price?

voodoochile
02-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
How does the Sox7 Package work with the half price mondays and tuesdays? Do you still get them at half price?

Monday's yes, Tuesday's no (that only is half-price if you walk up with a pepsi can or something)...

dllrbll7
02-18-2003, 03:52 PM
Do they care which game i pick as the $1 one? Like can i pick all the half price mondays as the first six then say opening day for only a dollar?

voodoochile
02-18-2003, 03:54 PM
Do they care which game i pick as the $1 one? Like can i pick all the half price mondays as the first six then say opening day for only a dollar?

I think it has to be done in order of date, but I don't know for a fact. Contact the Sox to find out for sure.

Foulke You
02-18-2003, 05:00 PM

As far as I know, it doesn't matter which game you pick as your dollar game. I have 6 regular price games, 1 half price monday against Anaheim. My dollar game is a regular priced game against the Padres. I did a similar order last year with no problems. The only rules are that you have to have the same number of tickets for every game and they all have to be in the same price level.

dllrbll7
02-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
As far as I know, it doesn't matter which game you pick as your dollar game. I have 6 regular price games, 1 half price monday against Anaheim. My dollar game is a regular priced game against the Padres. I did a similar order last year with no problems. The only rules are that you have to have the same number of tickets for every game and they all have to be in the same price level.

Sounds good to me. I think i will definately be taking advantage of it. By the way the form says you are not eligible for postseason or allstar tickets which someone had mentioned earlier that they had gotten playoff tickets in 2000 but they must have changed it.

TornLabrum
02-18-2003, 09:46 PM

Last year I ordered 6 half price games and my dollar game was a full price game in April. They let me do it.

voodoochile
02-18-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Last year I ordered 6 half price games and my dollar game was a full price game in April. They let me do it.

Well, there you go...

Ventura23Fan
02-19-2003, 12:16 AM
Last year was the first year I got the Sox-7 package. I faxed it in the night before the single game tickets went on sale. I never received any confirmation or anything, but the tickets were in my mailbox about a week later.

I faxed in my Sox-7 form for this season a week ago and it has yet to be charged to my credit card. Do they just let the forms pile up and process them in the order they were received at a certain date? If you mess something up on the form or they can't read something do they call or do they just toss the application away? (I'm paranoid I did something wrong.) I'm curious to hear what other's experiences have been. And if there is anyone from the ticket office reading, a short email confirmation would be very much appreciated.

Foulke You
02-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Ventura23Fan
Last year was the first year I got the Sox-7 package. I faxed it in the night before the single game tickets went on sale. I never received any confirmation or anything, but the tickets were in my mailbox about a week later.

I faxed in my Sox-7 form for this season a week ago and it has yet to be charged to my credit card. Do they just let the forms pile up and process them in the order they were received at a certain date? If you mess something up on the form or they can't read something do they call or do they just toss the application away? (I'm paranoid I did something wrong.) I'm curious to hear what other's experiences have been. And if there is anyone from the ticket office reading, a short email confirmation would be very much appreciated.

I couldn't agree more Ventura23Fan. They should have a confirmation of some sort. Nothing makes me more nervous than the "send and pray" method the Sox use for the 7 game package. Fortunately, I haven't run into any problems the last few years I've bought this. It still doesn't make me less nervous when single game tickets go on sale and I stay at home waiting patiently for my tickets to arrive via mail. Last year I called a Sox ticket rep who informed me that they do indeed let these order forms pile up and process them in the order they were received on the day before single game tickets go on sale. They claim that they hold back a certain amount of seats for the Sox 7 orders and I had nothing to worry about. As we all know, communication just isn't in the Sox organization's strong points. Just ask Fisk. :D:

Ventura23Fan
02-19-2003, 05:53 PM
I couldn't agree more Ventura23Fan. They should have a confirmation of some sort. Nothing makes me more nervous than the "send and pray" method the Sox use for the 7 game package. Fortunately, I haven't run into any problems the last few years I've bought this. It still doesn't make me less nervous when single game tickets go on sale and I stay at home waiting patiently for my tickets to arrive via mail. Last year I called a Sox ticket rep who informed me that they do indeed let these order forms pile up and process them in the order they were received on the day before single game tickets go on sale. They claim that they hold back a certain amount of seats for the Sox 7 orders and I had nothing to worry about. As we all know, communication just isn't in the Sox organization's strong points. Just ask Fisk. :D:

Thanks for the info. I would feel much better if they took Sox-7 orders over the phone or online - I think it would be less likely to mess something up. I will give the ticket office kudos for one thing though. Even though I did not need one, I received a Sox-7 order form in the mail today, over two weeks before the single game tickets go on sale. Last year I received the order form the day before the single game tickets went on sale.

Foulke You
02-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I would feel much better if they took Sox-7 orders over the phone or online - I think it would be less likely to mess something up. I will give the ticket office kudos for one thing though. Even though I did not need one, I received a Sox-7 order form in the mail today, over two weeks before the single game tickets go on sale. Last year I received the order form the day before the single game tickets went on sale.

I emailed the ticket rep at the White Sox who sent me the order form. I asked her if I could receive some sort of email or snail mail confirmation that the order was received and I explained my fears about the order not being processed. When I get a response, I will post it here.

dllrbll7
02-20-2003, 12:16 AM
Last year I called a Sox ticket rep who informed me that they do indeed let these order forms pile up and process them in the order they were received on the day before single game tickets go on sale. They claim that they hold back a certain amount of seats for the Sox 7 orders and I had nothing to worry about.

So do the Sox7 tickets get priority? If i fax it in acouple days before tickets go on sale will i get decent seats for the games that will sell out ie opening day and cubs series. Do they actually put tickets aside in case i submit after the tickets go on sale?

Ventura23Fan
02-20-2003, 12:53 AM
So do the Sox7 tickets get priority? If i fax it in acouple days before tickets go on sale will i get decent seats for the games that will sell out ie opening day and cubs series. Do they actually put tickets aside in case i submit after the tickets go on sale?

Last year I faxed in my Sox-7 order the night (after 5 pm) before single game tickets went on sale. My order included the Cubs series. My tickets were in the outfield, different for every game, but I think the worst were in the second to last row.

voodoochile
02-20-2003, 01:29 AM
Last year I faxed in my Sox-7 order the night (after 5 pm) before single game tickets went on sale. My order included the Cubs series. My tickets were in the outfield, different for every game, but I think the worst were in the second to last row.

I did it about 24 hours prior to you and also got solid seats. I also asked for some kind of confirmation through an e-mail, it was roundly ignored, but they came through with solid seats so no worries...

Foulke You
02-20-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I did it about 24 hours prior to you and also got solid seats. I also asked for some kind of confirmation through an e-mail, it was roundly ignored, but they came through with solid seats so no worries...

Actually, I was presently surprised that I just got an email back from a Sox ticket rep saying that she would keep an eye out for my order and let me know when they receive it. My advice would be to email the tickets@chisox.com and ask. You may get a response. But you are correct Voodoo, I haven't had any problems with these orders in the past and they've always delivered the tickets no problem.