PDA

View Full Version : U of I Bum Writers!


TimChamp
02-06-2003, 05:54 PM
Hey guys, for those of you keeping up with the thread entitled "pathetic," I thought I would post Matt's response to my e-mail in which I posted all of your responses...

Please help me compose something that will shut this guy up and scare him away back into his drunk, sCrUBs stupor of stupidity...

Here's his response, if you guys want me to post what I sent to him, I will, but it's pretty much everything you guys said...


Timothy-

I know Sox fans are usually a little slower, but I thought even they would be able to understand that my column shifted between different major sports to try and show how commercialism runs rampant. Not surprisingly, I have overestimated the White Sox and their fans again. Hopefully that answers your questions about the Steelers and the 49ers (not Giants).
Although I'm bowled over by the maturity you show with the term "real sucky," clue me in on the White Sox raging success over the same amount of time. They may have a few more divisions titles (although its questionable whether a group of teams that includes the Royals AND the Tigers should even be termed a "division"), but most Sox fans act as if they've enjoyed Yankees-caliber success.
If you are ignorant enough to put "Wrigley" on the same level with "U.S. Cellular" than you must truly live a blissful existence. Hope you have fun at "the Cell" with the handful of baseball fans and the bums who won free tickets through giveaways. Maybe you can beat up the third base coach this season.

Matt Coldagelli

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Champ out...

Foulke You
02-06-2003, 06:14 PM
Dear God. What a friggin idiot this guy is. He talks about professional sports becoming too corporate when his favorite Cubbies like to sell tickets by having such memorable giveaways and promotions that include Ty Beanie Babies, Mattel Barbie Dolls, "Celebri-duck Sosa" (a new craze apparently), and Barney the freakin' dinosaur up in the booth "hanging out" with Chip Carey. Not to mention the Starbucks and McDonald's right outside the park and the ALL Corporate all the time business of rooftop owners who target (you guessed it!) the corporate fans who gladly shell out thousands of dollars to sit on a rooftop accross the street from the ballpark and not pay attention to the game along with the other drunken U of I grad fraternity rejects inside the park who also aren't paying attention to what is happening on the field.

Tim, you can try responding to this guy but you'll probably have to do so in short one syllable words and grunting noises so his feeble college partied out brain can understand. He obviously has hit the Cubbie Crackpipe a little too hard. You're better off ignoring him and taking the high road knowing that you are a Sox fan who knows better.

TimChamp
02-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Dear God. What a friggin idiot this guy is. He talks about professional sports becoming too corporate when his favorite Cubbies like to sell tickets by having such memorable giveaways and promotions that include Ty Beanie Babies, Mattel Barbie Dolls, "Celebri-duck Sosa" (a new craze apparently), and Barney the freakin' dinosaur up in the booth "hanging out" with Chip Carey. Not to mention the Starbucks and McDonald's right outside the park and the ALL Corporate all the time business of rooftop owners who target (you guessed it!) the corporate fans who gladly shell out thousands of dollars to sit on a rooftop accross the street from the ballpark and not pay attention to the game along with the other drunken U of I grad fraternity rejects inside the park who also aren't paying attention to what is happening on the field.

Tim, you can try responding to this guy but you'll probably have to do so in short one syllable words and grunting noises so his feeble college partied out brain can understand. He obviously has hit the Cubbie Crackpipe a little too hard. You're better off ignoring him and taking the high road knowing that you are a Sox fan who knows better.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :D: That is great, hillarious advice...thanks for the response...

Champ out...

chunk
02-06-2003, 06:51 PM
Wait, he insults your maturity for using the term "real sucky", yet riddles his response with elitism and insults? This guy has a future with the tribune.

TimChamp
02-06-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by chunk
Wait, he insults your maturity for using the term "real sucky", yet riddles his response with elitism and insults? This guy has a future with the tribune.

Correction, don't you mean the CUBune? :D:

Champ out...

kevingrt
02-06-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by chunk
Wait, he insults your maturity for using the term "real sucky", yet riddles his response with elitism and insults? This guy has a future with the tribune.

I have to agree with you 100%. He really could work for Tribune, or many of the other idiotic newspaper companies out in the nation.

LineShot
02-06-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp
Hey guys, for those of you keeping up with the thread entitled "pathetic," I thought I would post Matt's response to my e-mail in which I posted all of your responses...

Please help me compose something that will shut this guy up and scare him away back into his drunk, sCrUBs stupor of stupidity...

Here's his response, if you guys want me to post what I sent to him, I will, but it's pretty much everything you guys said...


Timothy-

I know Sox fans are usually a little slower, but I thought even they would be able to understand that my column shifted between different major sports to try and show how commercialism runs rampant. Not surprisingly, I have overestimated the White Sox and their fans again. Hopefully that answers your questions about the Steelers and the 49ers (not Giants).
Although I'm bowled over by the maturity you show with the term "real sucky," clue me in on the White Sox raging success over the same amount of time. They may have a few more divisions titles (although its questionable whether a group of teams that includes the Royals AND the Tigers should even be termed a "division"), but most Sox fans act as if they've enjoyed Yankees-caliber success.
If you are ignorant enough to put "Wrigley" on the same level with "U.S. Cellular" than you must truly live a blissful existence. Hope you have fun at "the Cell" with the handful of baseball fans and the bums who won free tickets through giveaways. Maybe you can beat up the third base coach this season.

Matt Coldagelli

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Champ out...

Hey, as a Sox fan down here in Champaign/Urbana, I was sickened after reading that tripe. I pasted his picture on my door and put up a little speech bubble sayin: "Baa! Baa! I'm a bleating Cubbie hypocrite Sheep! Baa!"

WhiteSox = Life
02-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp
Timothy-

I know Sox fans are usually a little slower, but I thought even they would be able to understand that my column shifted between different major sports to try and show how commercialism runs rampant. Not surprisingly, I have overestimated the White Sox and their fans again. Hopefully that answers your questions about the Steelers and the 49ers (not Giants).
Although I'm bowled over by the maturity you show with the term "real sucky," clue me in on the White Sox raging success over the same amount of time. They may have a few more divisions titles (although its questionable whether a group of teams that includes the Royals AND the Tigers should even be termed a "division"), but most Sox fans act as if they've enjoyed Yankees-caliber success.
If you are ignorant enough to put "Wrigley" on the same level with "U.S. Cellular" than you must truly live a blissful existence. Hope you have fun at "the Cell" with the handful of baseball fans and the bums who won free tickets through giveaways. Maybe you can beat up the third base coach this season.

Matt Coldagelli

Ask Mr. Coldagelli how he overestimated the White Sox. It seems to me that when you can't write and you jump from topic to topic in an article, you lose you point (not that he ever had one) and wind up sounding like you learned to formulate sentences a couple years ago. And, if he tried to show how "commercialism runs rampant" why didn't he start at the source of stadia sponsorship: Wrigley Field.

Next, tell him that, yes, the White Sox have won more division titles and justify his response by saying, if the White Sox can compete in a division with the "Tigers and the Royals" why can't the Cubs not lose more than 90 games in a division that has the Brewers and the Pirates? And, the White Sox never boasted of Yankees-caliber success, but, I guess when the White Sox has some success it's very easy to get jealous when your team plays at .414 and can't beat the Marlins, Brewers, Expos or Pirates. So, it's understandable how you can be delusional and compare the White Sox' success as "Yankees-caliber" when you're comparing them to the Cubs. You could compare the St. Louis Browns to the Cubs and still feel that way. Yes, St. Louis Browns. Not Cleveland Browns. I prefer not to confuse the reader since I can actually write in clear and concise form.

And, yes, we White Sox fans do live a blissful experience. Not because we win the World Series every year (neither Chicago team can say they won a World Series since before the end of World War II), but because we support our team as true fans of baseball and, truly, White Sox fans know baseball. What better way to show that than by loving the only real baseball team in Chicago?

I hope you were able to comprehend what I just wrote because it seems like you have yet to grasp the English language. Enjoy the experience at Wrigley Field while collecting reissued baseball cards, celebri-ducks and whatever else crap the Cubs are giving away to attract Cubs fans. Why not just give away one free beer to the first 20,000 people in attendance? (I can't call them fans.) That'll guarantee a sell-out every time.

Hmm... Sell-out? Like Wrigley Field was the first to do? I believe so.

Well, enjoy the upcoming baseball season. While you and your fellow Cubs brethren bask in the sun while drinking ice cold beer and looking for hot chicks or guys, us White Sox fans will be busy rooting for the Chicago team that is actually going somewhere.

jortafan
02-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Quit picking on the kid. He probably can't get a woman (not even a drunk one at KAMS) to touch him with a 10-foot pole, so he has to take it out on the Sox. I have faith that 10 years from now, he'll re-read this column and wonder "how could I have written such drivel?"

TimChamp
02-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Ask Mr. Coldagelli how he overestimated the White Sox. It seems to me that when you can't write and you jump from topic to topic in an article, you lose you point (not that he ever had one) and wind up sounding like you learned to formulate sentences a couple years ago. And, if he tried to show how "commercialism runs rampant" why didn't he start at the source of stadia sponsorship: Wrigley Field.

Next, tell him that, yes, the White Sox have won more division titles and justify his response by saying, if the White Sox can compete in a division with the "Tigers and the Royals" why can't the Cubs not lose more than 90 games in a division that has the Brewers and the Pirates? And, the White Sox never boasted of Yankees-caliber success, but, I guess when the White Sox has some success it's very easy to get jealous when your team plays at .414 and can't beat the Marlins, Brewers, Expos or Pirates. So, it's understandable how you can be delusional and compare the White Sox' success as "Yankees-caliber" when you're comparing them to the Cubs. You could compare the St. Louis Browns to the Cubs and still feel that way. Yes, St. Louis Browns. Not Cleveland Browns. I prefer not to confuse the reader since I can actually write in clear and concise form.

And, yes, we White Sox fans do live a blissful experience. Not because we win the World Series every year (neither Chicago team can say they won a World Series since before the end of World War II), but because we support our team as true fans of baseball and, truly, White Sox fans know baseball. What better way to show that than by loving the only real baseball team in Chicago?

I hope you were able to comprehend what I just wrote because it seems like you have yet to grasp the English language. Enjoy the experience at Wrigley Field while collecting reissued baseball cards, celebri-ducks and whatever else crap the Cubs are giving away to attract Cubs fans. Why not just give away one free beer to the first 20,000 people in attendance? (I can't call them fans.) That'll guarantee a sell-out every time.

Hmm... Sell-out? Like Wrigley Field was the first to do? I believe so.

Well, enjoy the upcoming baseball season. While you and your fellow Cubs brethren bask in the sun while drinking ice cold beer and looking for hot chicks or guys, us White Sox fans will be busy rooting for the Chicago team that is actually going somewhere.

Great, thanks, I'll get back to that stupid bum with your great help...

Champ out...

TimChamp
02-06-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
Quit picking on the kid. He probably can't get a woman (not even a drunk one at KAMS) to touch him with a 10-foot pole, so he has to take it out on the Sox. I have faith that 10 years from now, he'll re-read this column and wonder "how could I have written such drivel?"


ROFLMAO!!! Even I can get a woman that's drunk at KAM's (now whether that's a good or a bad thing is debatable), but that is good stuff!

Champ out...

WhiteSox = Life
02-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Anyway I can help. Worst thing is this guy obviously thinks he's some sort of hot-shot sports columnist when he's getting out-argued and out-done by a kid at least 4 years younger than him.

Now that's irony.

And, why should we stop picking on him? If he can't take the heat, he should get out of the kitchen!

(Little did he think that his column would be brought to Earth's biggest White Sox fan site where a myriad of comebacks, insults and stinging responses would be thrown back at him. Oh, well. That's the price you pay for fame, no matter how small and how short it is.)

:)

moochpuppy
02-07-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by TimChamp

Timothy-

I know Sox fans are usually a little slower, but I thought even they would be able to understand that my column shifted between different major sports to try and show how commercialism runs rampant. Not surprisingly, I have overestimated the White Sox and their fans again. Hopefully that answers your questions about the Steelers and the 49ers (not Giants).
Although I'm bowled over by the maturity you show with the term "real sucky," clue me in on the White Sox raging success over the same amount of time. They may have a few more divisions titles (although its questionable whether a group of teams that includes the Royals AND the Tigers should even be termed a "division"), but most Sox fans act as if they've enjoyed Yankees-caliber success.
If you are ignorant enough to put "Wrigley" on the same level with "U.S. Cellular" than you must truly live a blissful existence. Hope you have fun at "the Cell" with the handful of baseball fans and the bums who won free tickets through giveaways. Maybe you can beat up the third base coach this season.

Matt Coldagelli



Poor kid has no clue.

First, he's questioning the competition in the AL Central?!? At least we are winning in a bad division unlike the Cubs (four 90-loss seasons in the last six) who are down at the same level as the Tigers, Royals, Brewers and Pirates. Please, the Wrigley faithful are wondering every year who will reach sixty first...Sosa homers or Cub wins.

Second, who's selling out to the corporate commercialism that IS the world of sports these days? Such a corporation has owned the Cubs since the early 80's. Whose owner is alienating the fans of ones team because those fans are making a hefty profit from the Tribune's commodity? Yes, lets cutoff the view of the buildings across the street, one of the things that make Wrigley what it is, because they only offered us $1 million dollars of their profit.

Mr. Coldagelli, please lay off the Cubbie kool-aid and go have yourself a beer. It's better for you.

scottmt
02-10-2003, 12:44 PM
The Daily Illini published this response to the column.

Response to Column (http://www.dailyillini.com/feb03/feb10/opinions/stories/letter05.shtml)

Unregistered
02-10-2003, 12:50 PM
I'm constantly asked how my family can be from the north side and root for the White Sox. I think my grandfather said it best: "We're smart." Great rebuttal to the entire article. Kudos to the Daily Illini for not printing some moronic one line ''That Guy Sucks and so do the Cubs!'' retort. Yet another reason to be proud to be a Sox fan.

HawkDJ
02-10-2003, 04:18 PM
Very nice. I think the difference between that letter and Coldagelli's article sums up the difference between Sox and Cubs fans.

TimChamp
02-11-2003, 11:07 AM
Here's a response by a dumb Flubs fan regarding that letter...

"For the love of the sCrUBs" (http://www.dailyillini.com/feb03/feb11/opinions/stories/letter02.shtml) :angry:

Anyway, I don't know if I posted it before, but the day after Matt Cold"truth that sCrUBs suck" wrote his article, one that was more researched and well written was done by I think, Josh Purse that looked at the facts behind Charles Comiskey and his cheap attitude that may have caused some Sox players to toss the World Series in 1919...

Anyway, I just thought how stupid Matt was after I read Josh's article...

Champ out...

FanOf14
02-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Does the "Daily Illini" ever post anything of substance? I will admit I never read it before you posted the links here, but, I went to UIC and their writers (and letters to the sports editors) at least offered something in the way of substance, not just "You suck and you are big stupid heads." OK, I am exaggerating, but Lord, reading some of those letters and articles makes me want to vomit - can we have some facts rather than opinions that are so poorly written ? Is this the kind of journalism we have to look forward to?
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Iwritecode
02-11-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by TimChamp
Here's a response by a dumb Flubs fan regarding that letter...

"For the love of the sCrUBs" (http://www.dailyillini.com/feb03/feb11/opinions/stories/letter02.shtml) :angry:

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

:)

I find it funny that sCrUB "fans" don't realize that the only reason their attendance is so high is simply because of the stadium. If only for one season the Sox played in Wrigley and the Cubs played in USC Field, the Sox would certainly out-draw the Cubs. Heck, half the sCrUB "fans" wouldn't even notice the change...

thecell
02-11-2003, 02:05 PM
Another realization this cubinitis infected individual failed to realize was that Sox fans are too smart and proud to support a sub-par club. Look at the attendance history and you will see that fans stay away when the team on the field is not very good. My point will be proven in October when we bring back post-season play to Chicago and the stands are packed. We want nothing but the best because we are intelligent fans and will not let ownership bend us over and stick it to us. FLub fans don't even realize when ownership is playing with them. The Cubune knows what it has to do to fill the park and that's all they are concerned with. If FLub fans were aware of this and understood the concept of protest by not showing up, I would have a totally different view of them.

MarkEdward
02-11-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
Is this the kind of journalism we have to look forward to?
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Who goes to U of I to study journalism anyway? Missouri-Columbia may have the best journalism school in America, and it's only about three hours from Champaign. I've also heard Bradley has the best j-school in Illinois.

jortafan
02-11-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Who goes to U of I to study journalism anyway? Missouri-Columbia may have the best journalism school in America, and it's only about three hours from Champaign. I've also heard Bradley has the best j-school in Illinois.

Actually, journalism school (or communications majors) is for turds who are too vaccuous to do anything else. All the real reporters I've known usually studied some real subject, and happened to write on the side.

MarkEdward
02-11-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
Actually, journalism school (or communications majors) is for turds who are too vaccuous to do anything else.

Um... yeah, OK. Couldn't be that they actually enjoy journalism, and want that to be their major, right?

All the real reporters I've known usually studied some real subject, and happened to write on the side.

Well, what's a "real subject" to you? Engineering? Hotel Management? I don't know many full-time reporters who have degrees in these subjects.

However, I have heard of reporters getting degrees in such fields as History, English, or Economics, then going on to have very good journalism careers.

jortafan
02-11-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Well, what's a "real subject" to you? Engineering? Hotel Management? I don't know many full-time reporters who have degrees in these subjects.

However, I have heard of reporters getting degrees in such fields as History, English, or Economics, then going on to have very good journalism careers.

Actually, most journalism or communications people I've known wound up going on to law school, or getting into public relations. It seems like the more serious reporter types study something, then try to apply that knowledge to their reporting. (And yes, I have known engineering students who later decided to get into reporting)

WhiteSox = Life
02-12-2003, 02:50 AM
As for those Sox fans who can't even bother to make it to the park, what do you think the city is going to shut down for? When the Sox win the World Series, or when the only real team in the city, the Chicago Cubs, bring that trophy home where it belongs, the North Side.

This has got to be the most poorly constructed paragraph I have ever read. There are countless grammatical errors and the overall statement is murky at best. The paragraph mentions something about the "city is going to shut down for" and I really don't understand from where she got that. Secondly, it says that "when the Sox win the World Series... the only real team... the Chicago Cubs, bring that trophy home where it belongs, the North Side." I guess it's a concession that the White Sox will win the World Series. I also believe that the response is supposed to give the impression that the city of Chicago will be happier and "shut down for" the Cubs winning the World Series, as opposed to the White Sox.

Before she tries to express her nonsensical arguments, I think Ms. Benjamin needs to slow down and learn how to write a sentence.

Joanna, if you're reading this, try this "new method". First, start with a subject. Then, add a verb. Next, use an adjective describing the subject. Finally, put in an adverb modifying the adjective.

For example: The Cubs are really horrible.

The is an article, which is an adjective. Cubs is your subject. Are would be your verb in this sentence. Really is an adverb and that modifies horrible, your adjective describing the Cubs.

See? It's not too difficult. Certainly no more difficult than it is for the Cubs to lose.

:smile:

moochpuppy
02-12-2003, 07:36 AM
when the only real team in the city, the Chicago Cubs, bring that trophy home where it belongs, the North Side.

I find it funny that if the World Series trophy really belongs on the North Side, why hasn't it been back there since 1908?

basilesox
02-13-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
This has got to be the most poorly constructed paragraph I have ever read. There are countless grammatical errors and the overall statement is murky at best. The paragraph mentions something about the "city is going to shut down for" and I really don't understand from where she got that. Secondly, it says that "when the Sox win the World Series... the only real team... the Chicago Cubs, bring that trophy home where it belongs, the North Side." I guess it's a concession that the White Sox will win the World Series. I also believe that the response is supposed to give the impression that the city of Chicago will be happier and "shut down for" the Cubs winning the World Series, as opposed to the White Sox.

Before she tries to express her nonsensical arguments, I think Ms. Benjamin needs to slow down and learn how to write a sentence.

Joanna, if you're reading this, try this "new method". First, start with a subject. Then, add a verb. Next, use an adjective describing the subject. Finally, put in an adverb modifying the adjective.

For example: The Cubs are really horrible.

The is an article, which is an adjective. Cubs is your subject. Are would be your verb in this sentence. Really is an adverb and that modifies horrible, your adjective describing the Cubs.

See? It's not too difficult. Certainly no more difficult than it is for the Cubs to lose.

:smile:


You are right on with this post. I was thinking the same thing while reading that pathetic response. (from the DI) I am actually embarrassed to admit that I went to the same school that let in that moron. Anyways, since I went to U of I for four years, I have already discovered what you guys are figuring out right now. WHich is 90 percent of the articles are written by morons.