PDA

View Full Version : We Gotta Stop Whining about the cubs

ssang
02-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Okay, I'll admit that I hate the Cubs as much as the next guy. However, I feel as though we need to stop crying about how the media neglects the Sox and everyone loves the Cubs and fails to realize how pathetic they really are. It just makes us lil' bitches. The Cubs will always get the media and the nations attention because of reputation. WGN created it and nothing will change it. The whining doesn't help, in fact it makes us sound pathetic. Just deal with it. Worry about the Sox cause we know the Cubs' misery will take care of itself.

RKMeibalane
02-06-2003, 07:23 PM
Well said. In the past few weeks, I've been making more of an effort to ignore Cubs fan comments, because when one takes the time to consider the ramblings of those idiots, it becomes clear that arguing about baseball just isn't worth it. Cubs fans are just different from us. That's the way it is.

As for the media, I don't necessarily think they will always favor the Cubs. Their job is to sell a product, be it televion and radio shows, or newspapers and magazines. If the Sox win, they will gradually get more attention.