PDA

View Full Version : folks Im tired of this fighting over Rogers

oldcomiskey
02-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Kenny Rogers is not the final piece to the puzzle but he would help--as far as him being washed up his numbers last year were not that bad----but there has to be a reason why the Rangers are not interested.

I personally dont care if we draft satan himself if hell bering us to a world series

WinningUgly!
02-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
Kenny Rogers is not the final piece to the puzzle but he would help--as far as him being washed up his numbers last year were not that bad----but there has to be a reason why the Rangers are not interested.

I personally dont care if we draft satan himself if hell bering us to a world series

They were interested. Didn't they offer him a 2 year $10 million deal at one point?

Bmr31
02-06-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
They were interested. Didn't they offer him a 2 year $10 million deal at one point?

LOL of course they were interested, he is their BEST pitcher. Yes, they offered him 2/10 and he turned it down, like a moron.

Iwritecode
02-06-2003, 03:53 PM
What do you mean your tired of it? What would this site be without a few heated debates between fellow die-hard fans? It's much better than a board full of:

Troll: Sox suck, Cubs rule!

Sox Fans: You're an idiot go away.

Bmr31
02-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
What do you mean your tired of it? What would this site be without a few heated debates between fellow die-hard fans? It's much better than a board full of:

Plus if he is tired of it why not just not read the thread? :?:

moochpuppy
02-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

IWC, you forgot to include the mention of attendance.

Iwritecode
02-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Plus if he is tired of it why not just not read the thread? :?:

Some people just need something to complain about...

:)

Iwritecode
02-06-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
IWC, you forgot to include the mention of attendance.

Oh yea...

Troll: You guys will never win anything. Nobody comes to see your sucky team anyway! Wrigley is always sold out!

Sox Fans: You're an idiot, go away.

oldcomiskey
02-07-2003, 10:18 PM
Im as big a Sox fan as any on this board---but if we get him thats fine--if we dont it will still be fine

we have one of the offenses I have ever seen wear a Sox uniform and Colon and Burlyman..that should be enough to win

gogosoxgogo
02-07-2003, 11:08 PM
Well, looks like Randar may get his wish. I doubted it at the time, but this pretty much nails it down for me. Rogers will not be on the south side next season.

"At this point, it's a long shot at best,'' said Williams, who admitted he has "reached out'' to agent Scott Boras to tell him the Sox are interested in Rogers.

"It is my responsibility to explore any and all options out there to make us better,'' Williams said. "Even if they are seemingly unrealistic in terms of manifesting themselves, you go down that road and see.''

"We're confident in the club we'll put out there,'' Williams said. "But a lot of it has to do with me and my desire to explore any and every option out there in an effort to make us better. This is us going down that road once again.''

Williams said Rogers is the only player left on the free-agent list who interests him. The list still includes pitchers Rick Helling and Mike Morgan and position players Tony Clark, David Justice, B.J. Surhoff, Reggie Sanders, Jay Bell, Chuck Knoblauch and Dave Hollins.

After putting together a solid lineup for the upcoming season, Williams refused to characterize an acquisition of someone such as Rogers as going in for the kill.

"First of all, this is something that is more of an idea at this point than anything,'' he said. "I won't deny I have reached out to his agent, but I have yet to speak about the possibilities. I haven't gotten a return phone call yet. Financially, we are strained, so [Rogers] would have to see the opportunity [of winning] more than the dollars available to him.''

EnricoPallazzo
02-08-2003, 03:06 AM
KW is blowin' smoke. The last thing he needs is other teams bidding for Rogers. I can't see any AL team paying more than 2 mil, if that. The only team I see in the NL that might pay anything is the Giants. Genius boy Boros really misjudged the market.

Williams is just waiting for the price to go down and Boros to get hit by a bus.

The Sox need a competent experienced starter and if the price goes down to around 1.5 mil with incentives he'll jump on it.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-08-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by EnricoPallazzo

Williams is just waiting for the price to go down and Boras to get hit by a bus.

:reinsy
"Ah, yes. Enrico, I've been dreaming that dream for nearly ten years now. I'm getting all tingly inside just thinking about it! Boras and a speeding bus...."

longshot7
02-08-2003, 02:36 PM
I personally dont care if we draft satan himself if hell bring us to a world series

now there's an idea...
wonder what it would take to sign him - Jerry's soul?
that's a deal I'd take.

WhiteSox = Life
02-08-2003, 02:43 PM

Actually, that wouldn't be too good even if it did bring the White Sox to a World Series, and here's why:

If Satan played for the Chicago White Sox, who would run Hell? With nobody around to maintain Hell, and keep it as Hot as Hell, Hell would consequently freeze over and the Cubs would win the World Series, instead!

:smile:

oldcomiskey
02-08-2003, 04:09 PM
never thought of it that way

WhiteSox = Life
02-08-2003, 04:25 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're probably not the only one.

:smile: