PDA

View Full Version : Street & Smith's 2003 Covers...White Sox do not exsist!

Medford Bobby
02-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Hey gang, yes it's actually sunny here in Oregon...Anyway checking out the Street and Smith's website for details when their baseball annual comes out. They have posted all the covers for regions around the country and the "Midwest" edition has 2 Cups on the cover (Care to guess??)...and no White Sox on the cover...Not :angry: even a Mags photo, or Burhle, or All-Star Konerko???I guess if you follow baseball in Chicago it's all Cups, Huh???? Gee I may even contemplate buying a Ichiro cover out here......... :?: Do I feel a Boycott?????????? :)

:reinsy "See if we had over 3 millon fans show up in 2002, maybe there be a Sox player on the cover...it's all your fault!!!!"

oldcomiskey
02-06-2003, 04:27 PM
welcome to the jungle of Cubbie bliss

Hangar18
02-06-2003, 05:20 PM
is that true?? excuse me for a second ( I F***** HATE THAT)
YET another example of the Media Bias, at work.
now, if someone from Pakistan, who is interested in baseball sees
that, what will he think?? He will think the Cubs are chicagos team and they mustve just won a world championship, warranting the cover. RIDICULOUS

LuvSox
02-06-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
Hey gang, yes it's actually sunny here in Oregon...Anyway checking out the Street and Smith's website for details when their baseball annual comes out. They have posted all the covers for regions around the country and the "Midwest" edition has 2 Cups on the cover (Care to guess??)...and no White Sox on the cover...Not :angry: even a Mags photo, or Burhle, or All-Star Konerko???I guess if you follow baseball in Chicago it's all Cups, Huh???? Gee I may even contemplate buying a Ichiro cover out here......... :?: Do I feel a Boycott?????????? :)

:reinsy "See if we had over 3 millon fans show up in 2002, maybe there be a Sox player on the cover...it's all your fault!!!!" Boycott 'em! They don't deserve your business.

Lip Man 1
02-06-2003, 09:01 PM
or better yet write them and ask them WHY providing the same details that you had in your post about Buehrle, ordonez or Konerko (or Colon)

Lip

SouthSideHitman
02-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Same story with The Sporting News' midwest cover. I don't know why we're all suprised. I think I've figured out a formula for this, the Sox have to do about 3x as good as the flubs to get equal coverage.

oldcomiskey
02-07-2003, 10:15 PM
as Jake Taylor said----theres only one thing left to do---win the whole f---ing thing

mike squires
02-07-2003, 10:47 PM
What are they saying on the inside of these magazines? I saw one but it didn't have the Colone update yet and had the Sox behind the Twinkies...Just like true love, it only matters what's in the inside...

jortafan
02-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by mike squires
What are they saying on the inside of these magazines? I saw one but it didn't have the Colone update yet and had the Sox behind the Twinkies...Just like true love, it only matters what's in the inside...

Those things usually have early January deadlines. It's unlikely that any pre-season mag will account for Colon. So they'll probably run pieces about how the Sox stood pat, except for exchanging relief pitchers and re-acquiring Alomar.

ohalloran
02-08-2003, 10:02 AM
The Street & Smith's in Indy has Dunn & Kearns on the cover. They have the Colon trade but still have the Sox behind the Twins.