PDA

View Full Version : PK in commercials

bfauble83
02-06-2003, 12:40 PM
Earlier on the radio Tony Kornheiser said that Paul Konerko (among others) was filming an ESPN spot outside the studio in Washington DC, apparently he has no clue who PK is though...just thought I'd pass it on.

doogiec
02-06-2003, 01:19 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/quickhits/cst-spt-1hit06.html

Here's the story.

Iwritecode
02-06-2003, 01:23 PM
I can't wait to see this... :D:

Lights, camera, action (with Athletics pitcher Tim Hudson perusing ESPN the Magazine and Konerko holding a cup of coffee in the lobby):

Konerko: "Isn't it weird that we're the White Sox but wear black socks?''

Hudson: "No, that's not weird.''

Konerko: "Isn't it weird that the foul pole is in fair territory?''

Hudson: "No, that's not weird. But you know what is weird? That [pointing out the window].''

Konerko: "Yeah, that's weirder than my socks [mumbles to himself after turning around and seeing the Purdue, Wisconsin and Florida mascots, a sumo wrestler, a surfer, members of a marching band and 'SportsCenter' anchor Scott Van Pelt prancing around a maypole].''

FanOf14
02-06-2003, 01:44 PM
LMAO! Can't wait to see that...ESPN has some of the best commercials.

Iguana775
02-06-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I can't wait to see this... :D:

me neither! LMAO!!

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-06-2003, 04:18 PM
sounds like a cool commercial. but i'd rather see PK whippin cub fans around like in the terry tate reebok commercial. now that would be an awesome comercial.

gogosoxgogo
02-06-2003, 06:18 PM
Kornheiser doesn't know who Konerko is? If this is true, I will have lost a lot of respect for him.

:gulp: Here's to Konerko convincing Hudson to come to the Southside!

bfauble83
02-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Kornheiser doesn't know who Konerko is? If this is true, I will have lost a lot of respect for him.

:gulp: Here's to Konerko convincing Hudson to come to the Southside!

No, nobody knew...Dan Davis had to tell everyone in the booth...I think one person (Andy perhaps) sort of knew but wasn't sure who pK was.

TheBigHurt
02-06-2003, 09:49 PM
i always hated Tony Kornheiser anyways. He never knows what hes talking about.......

sox_fan_forever
02-06-2003, 10:43 PM
I can't wait to see that commercial!

WhiteSox = Life
02-06-2003, 10:49 PM
I agree. That commercial will be pretty funny. Anyone know when it's suppose to first air?

And, not to get off-topic from Paulie, but, since we're on commercials...

ScottyTheSoxFan mentioned that he thought it'd be funny to have PK throw Cubs fans around like Terry Tate in the Reebok commercial. Has anyone seen the new Terry Tate commercial?

It opens with the streaker on the soccer field again and, first think I'm thinking is, "Cool. Another Nike Shox commerical," because the original was really funny. However, when they show a close-up of the guy running nude, I realize it's not the same guy since he's a little bit bigger. Next thing I know, BOOM! He gets speared by Terry Tate. A brilliant move by Reebok to use their own great creation while taking off (no pun intended) Nike's commercial.

Now, that's what all commercials should be like. Hilarious!

gogosoxgogo
02-07-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
I agree. That commercial will be pretty funny. Anyone know when it's suppose to first air?

And, not to get off-topic from Paulie, but, since we're on commercials...

ScottyTheSoxFan mentioned that he thought it'd be funny to have PK throw Cubs fans around like Terry Tate in the Reebok commercial. Has anyone seen the new Terry Tate commercial?

It opens with the streaker on the soccer field again and, first think I'm thinking is, "Cool. Another Nike Shox commerical," because the original was really funny. However, when they show a close-up of the guy running nude, I realize it's not the same guy since he's a little bit bigger. Next thing I know, BOOM! He gets speared by Terry Tate. A brilliant move by Reebok to use their own great creation while taking off (no pun intended) Nike's commercial.

Now, that's what all commercials should be like. Hilarious!

Haha! I heard about that one on PTI, but I didn't know it was real! Can't wait to see it!

As for Kornheiser :angry:

Bobby Thigpen
02-07-2003, 10:00 AM
Pauly's kind of like Maggs in that people who really know baseball know who they are, but those who don't pay much attention have no clue who they are. No offense to Vlad but Maggs and PK have to be two of the least known good players in the league.

moochpuppy
02-07-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by FanOf14
LMAO! Can't wait to see that...ESPN has some of the best commercials.

They are some of the better commercials out there. I think they are the closest thing to the old Miller Lite commercials from the 80s.