PDA

View Full Version : Soxfest question

gosox41
02-06-2003, 11:20 AM
I missed Soxfest but was just wondering if anyone asked Williams or Reinsdorf any tough questions during the question/answer session. I hope it wasn't all fluff. One decent trade can't forgive all the crappy moves made the last few years (unless Colon wins us the Series.)

Bob

Brian26
02-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Lot's of lame questions from guys who always call the Score. Kenny was stand up about answering everything though. Someone wanted to trade Buehrle to Kansas City for Mike Sweeney. After that, I just about tuned everyone out.

Best part of the seminars on Saturday was watching a fellow WSI member and columnist, who shall remain nameless, trying to buddy-up to Roland Hemond. Hemond stood up there in between seminars looking for marks to come compliment him. Most people didn't want anything to do with him, but our WSI friend made his way up there nonetheless. We heckled him a couple of times and watched him uncomfortably search around for the culprits.

We knew who he was based on his t-shirt :smile:

Kilroy
02-06-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Someone wanted to trade Buehrle to Kansas City for Mike Sweeney. After that, I just about tuned everyone out.

Please tell me that some decent Sox fan went over to that guy and smacked him in the mouth...

Brian26
02-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Please tell me that some decent Sox fan went over to that guy and smacked him in the mouth...

He basically got booed off the mic.

There were some smart fans there. I was surprised actually. It seemed like the most unitelligent people had to run up to the microphones to ask questions though.

Oh, by the way, after the Friday night seminar, I got Kenny's autograph and asked him if he ever reads WSI.

After a long pause, he said, "Nooo. I never go there." Total deadpan serious, too.

Rocklive99
02-06-2003, 05:28 PM
Some lame ones, but some good ones, I can remember one on Sunday where someone brought up the Buerhle/Cardinals situation. I think KW answered by saying if they keep exchanging information he will file for tampering, and then most of the seminar room went into applause