PDA

View Full Version : Soxfest a success!

moochpuppy
02-06-2003, 09:46 AM
Third largest crowd ever! (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20030205&content_id=196793&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp)

Way to go Sox fans! Hopefully that translates into a higher park attendance this season as well.

Brian26
02-06-2003, 11:23 AM
There was a definite buzz in the air about the team.

TornLabrum
02-06-2003, 10:23 PM
One gauge of how bit SoxFest was is how much money the Windy City Sox Fans took in on their pencil pull. It was, at least as far as I recall, a record amount by a few hundred dollars.

A few of you from WSI made donations without pulling pencils. Believe me, your generosity is most appreciated.

Donn Pall spent the better part of five hours in hour booth signing autographs on Saturday. What a great guy!

Jon Garland, Donn, and Ron Kittle also took time to pull the winning tickets in our membership raffle.

The WCSF donated $10,000 to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities in January. If our contributions continue at this rate, we'll be able to break that figure in January 2004. (Not bad for a club that had just over 200 members last year if I do say so myself!)

Brian26
02-07-2003, 10:07 AM
Torn,

Were you wearing the "Through Hope and Despair" t-shirt on Saturday?

Hangar18
02-07-2003, 10:45 AM
hey Torn, how come I didnt see you at the booth??
wouldve been nice to meet you (and as many wsi people
as possible for that matter)

NEXT YRs soxfest, Im going to make sure the bar upstairs
reserves me like 4 tables, so everyone has a place to meet...
will include something for those who have kids with them.

hose
02-07-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
Third largest crowd ever! (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20030205&content_id=196793&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp)

Way to go Sox fans! Hopefully that translates into a higher park attendance this season as well.

So the Sox wives raised $9,000 by selling Sox boxes :cool:

hose
02-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
One gauge of how bit SoxFest was is how much money the Windy City Sox Fans took in on their pencil pull. It was, at least as far as I recall, a record amount by a few hundred dollars.

A few of you from WSI made donations without pulling pencils. Believe me, your generosity is most appreciated.

Donn Pall spent the better part of five hours in hour booth signing autographs on Saturday. What a great guy!

Jon Garland, Donn, and Ron Kittle also took time to pull the winning tickets in our membership raffle.

The WCSF donated $10,000 to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities in January. If our contributions continue at this rate, we'll be able to break that figure in January 2004. (Not bad for a club that had just over 200 members last year if I do say so myself!)

Good to hear that!

I noticed you were hard at work with the kids and the pencils on Sunday.

TornLabrum
02-08-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
hey Torn, how come I didnt see you at the booth??
wouldve been nice to meet you (and as many wsi people
as possible for that matter)

NEXT YRs soxfest, Im going to make sure the bar upstairs
reserves me like 4 tables, so everyone has a place to meet...
will include something for those who have kids with them.

We didn't spend all of our time in the booth. I went on a few autograph hunts, some of us went to seminars, and others just took occasional time off.

Anyway, I was the guy in the WCSF shirt Saturday in Big who became increasingly amused as Steff became increasingly potted.

TornLabrum
02-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Torn,

Were you wearing the "Through Hope and Despair" t-shirt on Saturday?

No, I was in a gray WCSF sweatshirt.

Hangar18
02-08-2003, 04:04 PM
hey Torn, sorry I mistook your name, of course I remember
you now at the bar. for some reason, I keep thinking you have 2 names here. Yeah, that was fun seeing everyone getting pretty
drunk in the Atrium.
Dont worry Steff, you werent the only one.
Melton was feeling pretty good, from what I heard, BlackJack
was toasty, I was pretty drunk (as we'll see from the pics as soon as I downldd them this weekend here)
Steff, so when/where is the Opening Day BBQ ??