PDA

View Full Version : "pathetic"?

alohafri
02-05-2003, 02:35 PM
(from Mrs. Aloha):

Here's a cute letter to the editor which appeared in today's "other" Chicago newspaper:
--------------------------------------------------------
Comiskey forever

I am a third-generation Cubs fan and therefore, quite naturally, delight in every White Sox misfortune. It would seem then, that I would be indifferent to the renaming of Comiskey Park [''White Sox get $68 mil. to change name to U.S. Cellular Field,'' news story, Feb. 1].

Strangely, though, that isn't the case. Instead, I find the name change offensive and I'm actually feeling a little sorry for the pathetic Sox fans (this is a new feeling for me). I guess I'm feeling the scuttling of the Comiskey name might somehow threaten my family's Cub loving/Sox hating tradition. Well, even though I know the name will never be officially changed back, my sons and I will forever continue to refer to the Sox stadium as Comiskey Park. It's something we can do to keep the tradition alive.

Dave Evans, Glen Ellyn
-------------------------------------------------

DustyIsOverated1
02-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
(from Mrs. Aloha):

Here's a cute letter to the editor which appeared in today's "other" Chicago newspaper:
Comiskey forever

I am a third-generation Cubs fan and therefore, quite naturally, delight in every White Sox misfortune. It would seem then, that I would be indifferent to the renaming of Comiskey Park [''White Sox get $68 mil. to change name to U.S. Cellular Field,'' news story, Feb. 1].

Strangely, though, that isn't the case. Instead, I find the name change offensive and I'm actually feeling a little sorry for the pathetic Sox fans (this is a new feeling for me). I guess I'm feeling the scuttling of the Comiskey name might somehow threaten my family's Cub loving/Sox hating tradition. Well, even though I know the name will never be officially changed back, my sons and I will forever continue to refer to the Sox stadium as Comiskey Park. It's something we can do to keep the tradition alive.

Dave Evans, Glen Ellyn

You know what sucks about that. I doubt if the tables were turned, there is no way any paper would print an article stating phrases like "pathetic cubs fans". It seems the perception around here will always be the "big bad trashy sox" and the loveable fluffy, fun-loving cubbies who try oh-so-hard!

God! That lites such a fire under my ass.

moochpuppy
02-05-2003, 02:51 PM

I am a third-generation Cubs fan

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

ChiSoxKid
02-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Try not to let it get to you...people who feel this way are not worth worrying about. I could care less if all the Cub fans in the world thought we were all pathetic, even though that is far from true.

Cheryl
02-05-2003, 02:55 PM
Dear Cub fans:

Your ballpark is named after a brand of chewing gum. Get over yourselves.

voodoochile
02-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Dear Cub fans:

Your ballpark is named after a brand of chewing gum. Get over yourselves.

You forgot "Pathetic" - as in, "Dear Pathetic Flubbie Fans..."

Hullett_Fan
02-05-2003, 03:54 PM
We know his name "Dave Evans" and where he lives "Glen Ellyn" ...so if he's in the book I guess we could let that pathetic Cubs fan what we think of him. :D:

Foulke You
02-05-2003, 05:28 PM
(from Mrs. Aloha):

Comiskey forever

Dave Evans, Glen Ellyn

Dear Dave Evans from Glen Ellyn,

Sox fans could give a rat's @$$ what you think.

Sincerely,

Foulke You

P.S. Let the rivers run red with the blood of Cub fans! :angry:

jortafan
02-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
We know his name "Dave Evans" and where he lives "Glen Ellyn" ...so if he's in the book I guess we could let that pathetic Cubs fan what we think of him. :D:

Better be careful how you tell him, otherwise he'll call the cops and the "story" will become the Scum Sox fan who faces criminal charges because he went picking on a nice, decent human being just because he likes to watch the Cubs.

steff
02-05-2003, 06:30 PM
I got one better.. In the SunTimes (I think Tuesday and I can't remember the idiot reporter) the last line of his gargabe article was something like...
".. now it'll have the nickname of the Cell. Where a father and son from Alsip can come out and have a good time". That MF'er!! I'm from Alsip and I am so GD sick and tired of EVERYONE from Alsip being associated with that idiot and all of us being "assult and batters". I was going to write a letter to the a$$hole. Thanks for the reminder!!

RedPinStripes
02-05-2003, 06:36 PM
Comiskey forever

Dave Evans, Glen Ellyn

Ummmmmmmm.......................... Loser!
------------------------------------------------- [/B][/QUOTE]

FarmerAndy
02-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by DustyIsOverated1
It seems the perception around here will always be the "big bad trashy sox" and the loveable fluffy, fun-loving cubbies who try oh-so-hard!

It doesn't bother me so much.

1. The people who write this stuff are morons anyway.

2. I'd rather have a "big bad trashy" baseball team than a "loveable fluffy, fun-loving" baseball team any day of the week, because the big bad team is always going to beat the fluffy team.

WhiteSox = Life
02-05-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
I got one better.. In the SunTimes (I think Tuesday and I can't remember the idiot reporter) the last line of his gargabe article was something like...
".. now it'll have the nickname of the Cell. Where a father and son from Alsip can come out and have a good time". That MF'er!! I'm from Alsip and I am so GD sick and tired of EVERYONE from Alsip being associated with that idiot and all of us being "assult and batters". I was going to write a letter to the a$$hole. Thanks for the reminder!!

Actually, you're referring to Rick Morrissey's column from February 2nd. Rick said: "Then again, maybe people will call it The Cell, where a father and son from Alsip can feel right at home. Where a certain chairman can find peace and not have to face those pesky fans."

That's how he closed another one of his wonderful columns!

If you want to e-mail Mr. Morrissey, RMorrissey@tribune.com

Put in a good word for me, too.

:smile:

steff
02-05-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Actually, you're referring to Rick Morrissey's column from February 2nd. Rick said: "Then again, maybe people will call it The Cell, where a father and son from Alsip can feel right at home. Where a certain chairman can find peace and not have to face those pesky fans."

That's how he closed another one of his wonderful columns!

If you want to e-mail Mr. Morrissey, RMorrissey@tribune.com

Put in a good word for me, too.

:smile:

Oh yes.. I will be authoring him something special tomorrow. I'll post it here when I finish. Thanks for the email addy WhiteSox = Life

TimChamp
02-05-2003, 08:42 PM
Hey guys, haven't posted in ages, but that's because I've enjoyed what you guys have posted so much that I feel that I can't add on to the subject...but with the excitement I have for this year, I just had to post...

Anyway, check out this one article that an idiot sCrUBs fan wrote in the paper at my school today...

"Cellouts" (http://www.dailyillini.com/feb03/feb05/sports/stories/sports_column01.shtml)

:angry:

Champ out...

FanOf14
02-05-2003, 08:55 PM
I know what you mean steff - I live on the Chicago side of the Chicago-Alsip-Merrionette (sp?) triangle border and I hear about Alsip all the time from the scrubs fans that I work with...it amazes me how simple minded scrubs fans can be...

voodoochile
02-05-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp
Hey guys, haven't posted in ages, but that's because I've enjoyed what you guys have posted so much that I feel that I can't add on to the subject...but with the excitement I have for this year, I just had to post...

Anyway, check out this one article that an idiot sCrUBs fan wrote in the paper at my school today...

"Cellouts" (http://www.dailyillini.com/feb03/feb05/sports/stories/sports_column01.shtml)

Champ out...

The next time you see this guy walking down the hall in a t-shirt or hat with a swoosh or any other marketing slogan on it, you should ask him if he got paid of if he just donated his body as advertising space...

Better yet, get a picture and submit it to the editorial board of the newspaper along with a letter pointing out what a hypocrit the guy is...

Maybe he would prefer your school start buying it's own team uniforms instead of having a company like Nike or Champion help pay for them all for the price of an arm sleeve logo...

chunk
02-05-2003, 09:38 PM
Sounds like the writer is a journalism major trying to impress the tribune.

koch44
02-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Here's the email address of the dumba** who wrote "Cellouts". I'm going to have something to say to him.

sports@dailyillini.com
:angry::angry::angry::angry:

joecrede
02-05-2003, 10:17 PM
This is rich, I checked Matt's archives and found this article.

"Pucket: An Everyday Hero (http://www.dailyillini.com/sep02/sep12/sports/stories/sports_column01.shtml)

This guy's batting 1.000. :smile:

TimChamp
02-05-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by koch44
Here's the email address of the dumba** who wrote "Cellouts". I'm going to have something to say to him.

sports@dailyillini.com
:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Sweet, hopefully I'll find your response to his article in the Daily Illini Opinions section tomorrow...

Champ out...

TimChamp
02-05-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
The next time you see this guy walking down the hall in a t-shirt or hat with a swoosh or any other marketing slogan on it, you should ask him if he got paid of if he just donated his body as advertising space...

Better yet, get a picture and submit it to the editorial board of the newspaper along with a letter pointing out what a hypocrit the guy is...

Maybe he would prefer your school start buying it's own team uniforms instead of having a company like Nike or Champion help pay for them all for the price of an arm sleeve logo...

LOL! I like that idea...and he shouldn't be that hard to find, he is in the same college that I am in...and sCrUBs fans here at U of I are not that hard to find, they're usually the really stupid-looking ones that act like idiots when they see me wearing my White Sox jacket...

It's too bad that the DI (Daily Illini) would put this crap off as journalism...there used to be this Sox fan that wrote a column for the DI, but he graduated and would totally show what poor pathetic excuses sCrUB fans were in their excitement over their lovable team...If the DI had an opening, I would write for them (I used to write for a newspaper) in the Sports section and explain why the guy who wrote the article has no brain but they have no openings right now...

Champ out...

Unregistered
02-05-2003, 10:51 PM
If the DI had an opening, I would write for them (I used to write for a newspaper) in the Sports section and explain why the guy who wrote the article has no brain but they have no openings right now...

Champ out...
Tim, I bet you'd be a valuable resource to the local sox fans, but i fear your editorials would get old pretty fast if every one of them kept ending with ''Champ out..." :D:

TimChamp
02-05-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Tim, I bet you'd be a valuable resource to the local sox fans, but i fear your editorials would get old pretty fast if every one of them kept ending with ''Champ out..." :D:

Actually, I think it could catch on or they would anticipate my next column to see if I would dare end my column again with "Champ out..." that could be my catch phrase (kinda like the reporter asking for advice from Bruce Willis in the movie "The Kid" about saying "y'all" in her broadcasts) and bring me over-the-top in becoming a famous world-renown celebrity journalist! YAY!
:gulp: :)

Just kidding, I was kinda rambling there, wasn't I, I'm not even majoring in journalism...anyway, should I? Yeah, I think I will...

Champ out...

cheeses_h_rice
02-05-2003, 11:01 PM

Champ out...

Here's a delicious tidbit from the column...

I kind of feel bad for them, to tell you the truth. Their own team sold them out. It's almost enough for me to invite the Sox fans I know to Wrigley to watch a real team at a real ballpark. Almost.

*****!!! I guess "real" in this idiot's mind must mean "real sucky." What's it been...30 years without back-to-back winning seasons?

koch44
02-05-2003, 11:07 PM
Here's my email to Matt Whatever his name is.

Dear Matt,

Why do you say that whitesox fans are angry with this move? I forgot, you must be trying to kiss up to Morrisey, and the Cubune. If you would have listened to any sox fan, they would told you about how excited they are about the money for the renovations to the park. Also since your a cub fan, then why should you care about what the parks name is?
Ypu say that you object to naming rights, well I don't mean to break it to you, but Wrigley is a chewing gum, isn't it?

Also you said that there are only 3500 sox fans, well we averaged 20,000 fans last year wanting to watch the game. Finally, the last time I checked there were only 3500 cub fans, the other 30,000 are getting drunk, or touring the urinal.

In conclusion, research before you write your next article.

Koch44:angry::angry::angry:

WhiteSox = Life
02-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Another couple *cough* mistakes from the "Jackass Cubs Fan Du Jour"...

Remember when people would talk about homefield advantage and say things like "It's gonna be tough to go into Three Rivers and get a win," or "Candlestick is gonna be rockin'!" Well, it doesn't really work to say the same things while talking about Heinz Field or 3COM Park, respectively.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Pirates played at "PNC Park" and the Giants played at "Pacific Bell Park." I think he might be confusing the Pirates with the Steelers (common mistake) and forgetting the current Giants stadium.

And, besides talking about something completely irrelevant in the middle of his article, if it deserves to be called that, his logic is rather flawed:

Although it may not feel like it outside, spring training is not too far away. That being said, I'll take the liberty of firing the opening shot in the annual Cubs vs. Sox War. Although this debate mostly consists of opinion until the season winds down, this year is different. This year, the White Sox have already been disqualified. Even if they win the World Series, even if they sweep a National League team that went 162-0 in the regular season, the Cubs will be the better team this year.

Figures that the year that it seems the White Sox have a decent shot at winning it all (compared with other years), some idiot decides to write that the Chicago White Sox winning the World Series this year wouldn't be a true victory, because of... eep!... A ballpark name change. Unless a corporately named stadium means that a team's history is completely erased, it seems to me that the White Sox have existed since 1901 (originally the Chicago White Stockings, which the Cubs of today were originally called before then) and that the past remains unchanged and the only change is a ballpark name, which is superficial. The team playing on the Southside of Chicago is still the Chicago White Sox no matter what their stadium is called.

What is Matt Coldagelli majoring in? Being an *******?

:)

TimChamp
02-05-2003, 11:52 PM
Here's my email to Matt Whatever his name is.

Dear Matt,

Why do you say that whitesox fans are angry with this move? I forgot, you must be trying to kiss up to Morrisey, and the Cubune. If you would have listened to any sox fan, they would told you about how excited they are about the money for the renovations to the park. Also since your a cub fan, then why should you care about what the parks name is?
Ypu say that you object to naming rights, well I don't mean to break it to you, but Wrigley is a chewing gum, isn't it?

Also you said that there are only 3500 sox fans, well we averaged 20,000 fans last year wanting to watch the game. Finally, the last time I checked there were only 3500 cub fans, the other 30,000 are getting drunk, or touring the urinal.

In conclusion, research before you write your next article.

Koch44:angry::angry::angry:

Awesome, they'll probably post that one considering they like to post non-U of I people's opinions in our paper. I'll be happy to tell you if it does get placed in the opinion's section.

Champ out...

TimChamp
02-05-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Another couple *cough* mistakes from the "Jackass Cubs Fan Du Jour"...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Pirates played at "PNC Park" and the Giants played at "Pacific Bell Park." I think he might be confusing the Pirates with the Steelers (common mistake) and forgetting the current Giants stadium.

And, besides talking about something completely irrelevant in the middle of his article, if it deserves to be called that, his logic is rather flawed:

Figures that the year that it seems the White Sox have a decent shot at winning it all (compared with other years), some idiot decides to write that the Chicago White Sox winning the World Series this year wouldn't be a true victory, because of... eep!... A ballpark name change. Unless a corporately named stadium means that a team's history is completely erased, it seems to me that the White Sox have existed since 1901 (originally the Chicago White Stockings, which the Cubs of today were originally called before then) and that the past remains unchanged and the only change is a ballpark name, which is superficial. The team playing on the Southside of Chicago is still the Chicago White Sox no matter what their stadium is called.

What is Matt Coldagelli majoring in? Being an *******?

:)

ROFLMAO!!! Yeah, I thought the same thing too, with his random points about football stadiums...what an idiot...By the way, did you guys catch that part where he talks about Lincoln Financial Stadium (I think) having a cooler nickname, "The Linc." than U.S. Cellular Field's "The Cell"??? ***??? Who is he kidding and what is he smoking? And I do believe he majors in being an *******.

Champ out...

koch44
02-06-2003, 12:15 AM
http://www.dailyillini.com/feb03/feb05/images/sports_columnmug01.jpg
What will it take for me to work for the Cubune?

:morrisey
We're counting down the days until you graduate.

cheeses_h_rice
02-06-2003, 12:35 AM

:moron

I'm customizing an internship position with the Sun-Times as we speak...

moochpuppy
02-06-2003, 08:35 AM

Champ out...

And I always thought the U of I as a place where a kid could get a decent education. I'm disappointed.

moochpuppy
02-06-2003, 08:42 AM

Damn, is that Morrissey's illegitimate child?

TimChamp
02-06-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
And I always thought the U of I as a place where a kid could get a decent education. I'm disappointed.

Yeah, it would be a decent place to get an education if there weren't all these sCrUBs fans down here... :angry:

They're everywhere here...it's like this is their breeding ground or something... :?:

Champ out...

moochpuppy
02-06-2003, 08:54 AM
...it's like this is their breeding ground or something... :?:

Inbreeding ground is more like it.

TimChamp
02-06-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
Inbreeding ground is more like it.

I wasn't going to go there, but you did, so I applaud you for that :gulp:

By the way, koch44, I guess the DI got your e-mail about researching a topic before you write about it, since today, another one of their writers wrote down a different and opposing view to the article...

What's in a name? (http://www.dailyillini.com/feb03/feb06/sports/stories/sports_column01.shtml)

Great job, I doubt they got my e-mail late last nite when I sent out an e-mail that compiled all of the comments on this topic were to him...

Anyway, that other article done by Josh Purse (I think is his name) is much more thought out and expresses some of the exact thoughts of White Sox fans here...check it out...

Champ out...

Hangar18
02-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Mr Morrissey now has my Rebuttal to his column.

doublem23
02-06-2003, 02:40 PM

Champ out...

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to write about baseball.

Paxson93
02-06-2003, 03:45 PM
My response to the U of I jackass:

How sophomoric in every sense. Glad to see U of I is training the next generation of biased blowhards who hope and dream they are condescending enough to someday get published on the sub-par sports page of the Cubune.

Who was Wrigley again? Former Scrubs owner? Manager? Player? Oh no, that's right, he sold bubble gum. 80 years of corporate sponsorship on the Northside.

It would be nice if someone on the Northside knew anything about baseball. Unfortunately all they know how to do is scream for wife beater Sammy, get wasted at Murphy's and piss/puke on the neighbors lawn.

The only criticisms Scrubs fans can ever hurl at Sox fans is ballpark- or attendance-related. Never anything about baseball. Because Northsiders don't know the difference between a baseball and a beach ball. If they did, they could never be Scrubs fans.

So keep up the crap ass work Matt my friend. Cubune will be knocking down your door in 2 years with garbage like this!

TimChamp
02-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Paxson93
My response to the U of I jackass:

How sophomoric in every sense. Glad to see U of I is training the next generation of biased blowhards who hope and dream they are condescending enough to someday get published on the sub-par sports page of the Cubune.

Who was Wrigley again? Former Scrubs owner? Manager? Player? Oh no, that's right, he sold bubble gum. 80 years of corporate sponsorship on the Northside.

It would be nice if someone on the Northside knew anything about baseball. Unfortunately all they know how to do is scream for wife beater Sammy, get wasted at Murphy's and piss/puke on the neighbors lawn.

The only criticisms Scrubs fans can ever hurl at Sox fans is ballpark- or attendance-related. Never anything about baseball. Because Northsiders don't know the difference between a baseball and a beach ball. If they did, they could never be Scrubs fans.

So keep up the crap ass work Matt my friend. Cubune will be knocking down your door in 2 years with garbage like this!

LOL!!! By the way, he replied to my e-mail, he simply said that he enjoyed that someone would give him feedback on an article, but honestly stated that he had not yet found the time to read my e-mail and just wanted to thank me before hand for giving him a response!!! Not only are sCrUBs fans stupid, but they're also slow, man, I tell you, evidence just keeps on mounting for the superiority of White Sox fandom vs. the dumb, drunk Flub fans! :D:

Man, I can't wait to find out what he says when realizes that I was not praising his work, but rather criticizing it... :o:

Champ out...