PDA

View Full Version : JB out indefinately

Chisox_cali
08-13-2001, 07:35 PM
dont know if anyone else posted it yet

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-000065764aug13.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dsports% 2Dmlb%2Ddodger

cheeses_h_rice
08-13-2001, 07:42 PM
So I assume we can start to read some more Smut Sox articles tomorrow about our GM's "dirty dealing"?

; - )

Jerry_Manuel
08-13-2001, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
So I assume we can start to read some more Smut Sox articles tomorrow about our GM's "dirty dealing"?

:moron
The article is being written as we speak. God the Sox make it to easy for me.

Daver
08-13-2001, 07:48 PM
The fact that the Dodgers have killed almost as many pitchers as the Sox this year will not be seen in that article though will it Jay?

Jerry_Manuel
08-13-2001, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by daver
The fact that the Dodgers have killed almost as many pitchers as the Sox this year will not be seen in that article though will it Jay?

To my knowledge the Dodgers haven't had any injuries this year. So I can't comment on that.

Daver
08-13-2001, 08:38 PM
Good call Jay never let the facts interfere with a story.

FarWestChicago
08-13-2001, 08:40 PM

I never have. Why start now? That's the beauty of writing for a tabloid!

Jerry_Manuel
08-13-2001, 08:42 PM

The facts are the Sox have injured every pitcher that walks through their door. Just look at Jason Bere the scum sox ruined his career until he made it to Wrigley and teamed up with Sammy.

oldcomiskey
08-13-2001, 09:29 PM
According to the official Dodger site--JB will miss his next start--but will not go on the DL

Daver
08-13-2001, 09:34 PM
Hey your killing Jay's story with that.
Shame on you.
Now what the hell will I have to laugh about tommorrow?

Jerry_Manuel
08-13-2001, 09:38 PM
Hey your killing Jay's story with that.
Shame on you.
Now what the hell will I have to laugh about tommorrow?

My sources tell me that the Sox knew Baldwin was hurt.

:boston
Yeah I told him, what are you going to do about it?

oldcomiskey
08-13-2001, 09:49 PM
you guys are nuts man

Kilroy
08-13-2001, 09:56 PM
Maybe JB can come and hang out with Ray Ray for a few days and help Ray get over his angst about the trade. Durham needs to get his act together so the Sox can make a push for the division that no one wants to win...

Iwritecode
08-14-2001, 10:09 AM
I just want to nominate this entire thread for "thread of the week". Got some good laughs out of it. Had to work really hard to keep from spraying my keyboard with Mountian Dew. That'll teach me to drink and surf...

hsnterprize
08-15-2001, 07:05 AM
I wrote on the whitesox.com message boards that if James Baldwin were still here, he and the Sox management would be under unmerciful criticism for the injury. Fortunately for Baldwin and the Dodgers, reports are going out that he will make his next start.

I'll obviously miss JB, but I kinda figured he'd be the expendable one since there's a movement towards a young pitching staff. Hopefully, it will pan out in the near future. We'll have a strong rotation, and we'll need it if we want our team to be and remain competitive. :sox