PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Renovations

joecrede
02-04-2003, 04:38 PM
I was flipping around the dial and heard a caller to the Roe & Gary show who claimed to have worked on the renovations this year. I only caught the end, but he said they put brick along the outfield concourse and I think he said (he was interrupted) the outfield wall has been changed from blue to green. A precursor to the seats next year perhaps?

RichH55
02-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
I was flipping around the dial and heard a caller to the Roe & Gary show who claimed to have worked on the renovations this year. I only caught the end, but he said they put brick along the outfield concourse and I think he said (he was interrupted) the outfield wall has been changed from blue to green. A precursor to the seats next year perhaps?

That's the rumor:) Actually I think the new Center Field was the precursor to the green seat revolution......Should be a real nice park in 2005.....Nothing wrong with that....unless I wind up in Minnesota and its too far a drive to make more than 2-3 trips max

WhiteSox = Life
02-04-2003, 06:33 PM
Did Comiskey Park (not US Cellular Field) have a green wall?

I don't know if I'd like the wall being green. The blue looks nice and is a good contrast to the green outfield. Green might look okay, but, until I see it, I think I'd prefer the blue wall.

TornLabrum
02-04-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Did Comiskey Park (not US Cellular Field) have a green wall?

I don't know if I'd like the wall being green. The blue looks nice and is a good contrast to the green outfield. Green might look okay, but, until I see it, I think I'd prefer the blue wall.

I went to my first game at Comiskey Park in 1956. It was green then and it was still green in 1990 when they tore it down.

mrwag
02-04-2003, 08:31 PM
There was something about walking up the old concourses at Comiskey and seeing all that dark green. It just felt like home. The blue is too sterile.

Lip Man 1
02-04-2003, 08:40 PM
In addition before they started the repainting and so forth there were times when a ball was hit, that depending on where you were sitting, you'd lose it because it would blend in with the blue sky, blue seats and the light colored concrete.

The dark green seats etc should eliminate this problem.

Lip