PDA

View Full Version : Original Renovation pictures


ozzman
02-04-2003, 01:59 PM
The ones that were taken off the hks website, does anyone care to share those with me :)

DrCrawdad
02-04-2003, 07:16 PM
What would you think if US Cellular Field ended up looking like this?

DrCrawdad
02-04-2003, 07:17 PM
And this...

DrCrawdad
02-04-2003, 07:19 PM
Or this...

IronFisk
02-04-2003, 07:19 PM
whoa, whoa, WHOA! :o:

That's PHAT! Got any more like that?

:?:

Now THAT's a home run porch!

Jerry_Manuel
02-04-2003, 08:06 PM
Interesting. The left field shot in these photos is different than the ones they took down a month or so ago.

voodoochile
02-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Interesting. The left field shot in these photos is different than the ones they took down a month or so ago.

Actually, I just noticed the enclosed glass staircase and trees which corresponds to the cheapy 3-D ones we saw on the site a little while ago (with the same person dubbed in multiple times). I didn't notice the restaurant staircase the first stime we saw these (Last Spring?) - so maybe you are correct. I remember that one of the shots wouldn't open, perhaps this is it?

Jerry_Manuel
02-04-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Actually, I just noticed the enclosed glass staircase and trees which corresponds to the cheapy 3-D ones we saw on the site a little while ago (with the same person dubbed in multiple times). I didn't notice the restaurant staircase the first stime we saw these (Last Spring?) - so maybe you are correct. I remember that one of the shots wouldn't open, perhaps this is it?

Let's see if I can explain this. There are or have been 3 sets of designs shown by HKS. The first set is what is posted in this thread. The second, is what they had a month or so ago, which the Sox supposedly had removed from the site. What they have now with the same person over and over again, is the third set.

In the 2nd set, which not everyone saw, there was a huge new scoreboard in left field, or something of the sort. It was designed very much like the one in Detroit.

The staircase in LF which is seen in the first set posted by the Dr. was not in the 2nd set.

The enclosed club level, which is seen in the first set, was done this offseason to my knowledge.

What a confusing web they have weaved here. So to sum up here, I'd say the 2005 version of the park will have some of the elements seen in the first set, but not the trees and such in the outfield.

voodoochile
02-04-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Let's see if I can explain this. There are or have been 3 sets of designs shown by HKS. The first set is what is posted in this thread. The second, is what they had a month or so ago, which the Sox supposedly had removed from the site. What they have now with the same person over and over again, is the third set.

In the 2nd set, which not everyone saw, there was a huge new scoreboard in left field, or something of the sort. It was designed very much like the one in Detroit.

The staircase in LF which is seen in the first set posted by the Dr. was not in the 2nd set.

The enclosed club level, which is seen in the first set, was done this offseason to my knowledge.

What a confusing web they have weaved here. So to sum up here, I'd say the 2005 version of the park will have some of the elements seen in the first set, but not the trees and such in the outfield.

Thanks. I didn't realize they were enclosing the club level.

gogosoxgogo
02-04-2003, 08:37 PM
damn, those look sweet, I'm looking forward to this park.

ozzman
02-04-2003, 08:40 PM
thanks for posting those :)

i had never seen those ones. do you have pictures of the second ones?

Jerry_Manuel
02-04-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Thanks. I didn't realize they were enclosing the club level.

This is what the HKS site says:

Renovation to the new Comiskey Park began in 2000 and continues today in a multi phase project that responds to the expectations of today's sports fans.

The lower bowl has been redesigned to bring the seats closer to the action and make the bullpens more visible.

Each concourse has been completely redesigned with the upper and outfield concourses scheduled for completion in time for the 2003 season.

The club concourse has been completely enclosed and renovated to provide an upscale environment for the club level fans, and additional plans are ongoing with renovations planned for years to come .

soxnut
02-05-2003, 02:58 PM
:smile: Nice job DrCrawdad...............Would you happen to have a picture of the "Grand Entrance"? :?:

CHISOXFAN13
02-05-2003, 03:06 PM
The club concourse was finished last year. There isn't anything new being don there to my knowledge. If you haven't ha the opportunity, it does look nice up there.

soxnut
02-05-2003, 03:10 PM
I've sat in those club seats in the past, they're great. I sat in them last year too, and the remodeling they did to the interior is beautiful. I like the Skyline Bar in there as well---good Long Island Ice Tea. Of course I won't be sitting in them any more with the new price tag on 'em. :(:

hold2dibber
02-05-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Thanks. I didn't realize they were enclosing the club level.

As the HKS site indicates, the club CONCOURSE was enclosed; this was done last offseason (so that when you're in the club level seats, you have to go through a glass door to the concourse, which is entirely enclosed and his heated/air conditioned. I don't think they're enclosing the seats or doing anything else new to the club level this offseason.

Foulke You
02-05-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Let's see if I can explain this. There are or have been 3 sets of designs shown by HKS. The first set is what is posted in this thread. The second, is what they had a month or so ago, which the Sox supposedly had removed from the site. What they have now with the same person over and over again, is the third set.

In the 2nd set, which not everyone saw, there was a huge new scoreboard in left field, or something of the sort. It was designed very much like the one in Detroit.

The staircase in LF which is seen in the first set posted by the Dr. was not in the 2nd set.

The enclosed club level, which is seen in the first set, was done this offseason to my knowledge.

What a confusing web they have weaved here. So to sum up here, I'd say the 2005 version of the park will have some of the elements seen in the first set, but not the trees and such in the outfield.

One other note about the second set of pictures from the HKS website was that they were nice computer renders rather than architectural drawings like the ones DrCrawdad posted. They were only up for a short period of time. Does anyone have those pictures of the renders?

A sidenote, isn't it amusing how none of the Chicago papers picked up on those HKS pictures? WSI scoops them all again. Especially when you consider the heavy lurker factor on this website lately, it is amazing nobody yanked those photos and put them in the paper.

Cheryl
02-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

A sidenote, isn't it amusing how none of the Chicago papers picked up on those HKS pictures? WSI scoops them all again. Especially when you consider the heavy lurker factor on this website lately, it is amazing nobody yanked those photos and put them in the paper.

They're the property of HKS. We probably shouldn't have them up either.

Foulke You
02-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Let's see if I can explain this. There are or have been 3 sets of designs shown by HKS. The first set is what is posted in this thread. The second, is what they had a month or so ago, which the Sox supposedly had removed from the site. What they have now with the same person over and over again, is the third set.

In the 2nd set, which not everyone saw, there was a huge new scoreboard in left field, or something of the sort. It was designed very much like the one in Detroit.

The staircase in LF which is seen in the first set posted by the Dr. was not in the 2nd set.

The enclosed club level, which is seen in the first set, was done this offseason to my knowledge.

What a confusing web they have weaved here. So to sum up here, I'd say the 2005 version of the park will have some of the elements seen in the first set, but not the trees and such in the outfield.

Doh. I accidentally posted twice. My bad.

Foulke You
02-05-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
They're the property of HKS. We probably shouldn't have them up either.

But if they were posting them on their website for all to see, aren't they fair game for reprinting as long as the media outlet isn't misrepresenting the pix?

voodoochile
02-05-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Doh. I accidentally posted twice. My bad.

You can always delete a post by clicking on edit and then selecting the "delete post" option at the top of the edit page.

voodoochile
02-05-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
But if they were posting them on their website for all to see, aren't they fair game for reprinting as long as the media outlet isn't misrepresenting the pix?

No, just because you post a picture on your website does not mean you are giving up copyright permission of that picture.

BTW, the HKS story did break shortly after the second set of pictures was discovered by WSI. People were talking about it here and a couple of days later, the story was all over the newspapers. Shortly thereafter, they were replaced by a different less detailed, less promising set (the current set).

Kilroy
02-05-2003, 08:40 PM
Uncle Jer was on the Score today with the ass, and someone e-mailed him some photos, I'm bettng similar to these, and North asked him about the pics, told him where they came from, and mentioned specifically the upper deck over the bullpen bar or HR porch, the new entrance, etc. And what do you think JR said about those pics??

:reinsy
"I don't know about that website, and I haven't seen the pictures you're talking about..."

Riiiiiiight. Companies spend time and $$ developing conceptual designs without being asked all the time...

dllrbll7
02-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Those drawings are unbelievable. I think those trees would look awesome with green seats. I made the first pic the wallpaper on my computer to keep me dreamin about it.