PDA

View Full Version : Downey Done Right!

DrCrawdad
02-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Downey's article... (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030203downeycolumn,0,6530990.column?coll=cs%2Dhome %2Dheadlines)

Sox deserve ringing praise for this move

...This is the greatest move the White Sox have made in my lifetime, and I've been following them my entire life.

Something for nothing...

cheeses_h_rice
02-03-2003, 11:36 PM
All right, Mike Downey!

Great to see a columnist in this city FOR ONCE emphasize the positive about a move the Sox make (unlike rampant perennial bitcher Jay Moronotti and sarcastic a-hole Rick Morrissey). Seriously -- what were the Sox to do? Live out another 7-8 years in the un-remodeled Comiskey and hope to find a good stadium deal at the end of the decade, or try to make lemons out of lemonade with the current situation, and turn Comiskey into at least a decent place to hang out. We all know it's a fine enough place to see games right now, but a little bit of bells & whistles couldn't hurt.

Anyway, I for one am happy the Sox made this move, and I'm glad to see at least one sensible member of the media in this town pointing out the good in this deal.

duke of dorwood
02-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Way to go Mike. The "purists" must wake up-if they went to the game they'd see that everything is sponsored starting with the line up-to pitching changes. Do they walk out then?

CHISOXFAN13
02-04-2003, 12:19 AM
What a great column. I think he sums up everything all of us have been trying to say. I go 30-40 times already and have a blast with the fans, can't wait to see what it will be like when complete.

8 weeks and counting......

ssang
02-04-2003, 12:38 AM
I agree 100% with this article. What does the name really mean? Comiskey wasn't special anymore after 1990 anyways. Now the park will be imrpoved to our liking. It's simple: The bottom line is winning. If this moves improves the park and helps the team win by attracting larger revenue from attendance, then I'm happy. Who cares what the name of the park is? Let's just worry about winning...... the way I look at it, this is a move in the RIGHT direction!