PDA

View Full Version : This could be the year!

soxguy
02-03-2003, 09:42 PM
the division is weak, one real contender is the twins. I think they are ripe for the pickin. How many years past do any of you guys and girls for that matter actually remember going into the season with an actual legitimate chance of winning a pennant? There is a definate BUZZ about this team here in chicago, I couldnt care less what people outside of here think, in fact i'd prefer not to be on too many peoples radar, this way we could quietly start the year and possibly dominate through the stretch. I love the fact that the sox have consistantly upstaged the pissbags from across town.

gogosoxgogo
02-04-2003, 09:14 AM
It's nice to be optimistic (especially as a Sox fan), but winning the division is one thing. Getting past teams like the A's, Angels, and Yankees in the post season is another thing.

LuvSox
02-04-2003, 11:12 AM
I thought this in 2001 and 2002.

moochpuppy
02-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox

Third time's the charm. :D:

WinningUgly!
02-04-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by soxguy
the division is weak, one real contender is the twins. I think they are ripe for the pickin. How many years past do any of you guys and girls for that matter actually remember going into the season with an actual legitimate chance of winning a pennant? There is a definate BUZZ about this team here in chicago, I couldnt care less what people outside of here think, in fact i'd prefer not to be on too many peoples radar, this way we could quietly start the year and possibly dominate through the stretch. I love the fact that the sox have consistantly upstaged the pissbags from across town.

I have a feeling the Tribe will be a whole lot better than anybody thinks. Watch out for them.

Unregistered
02-04-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I have a feeling the Tribe will be a whole lot better than anybody thinks. Watch out for them. Yeah, rumor has it that they're teaming up with KC and Detroit to form the ULTIMATE mediocre team... their firm grasp on third place remains secure for now...

moochpuppy
02-04-2003, 12:05 PM
I have a feeling the Tribe will be a whole lot better than anybody thinks. Watch out for them.

Any team that has Ricky Gutierrez penciled in at 6th in the batting order really scares the crap out of me.

Blueprint1
02-04-2003, 12:07 PM
Yeah, rumor has it that they're teaming up with KC and Detroit to form the ULTIMATE mediocre team... their firm grasp on third place remains secure for now...

Best post ever

thecell
02-04-2003, 02:50 PM
pissbags?...brilliant!

RichH55
02-04-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox

And so did I.....That's why they play the games....its not like the optimism is rooted in pure Fantasy.....I had many Cubs fans during the 1990s...I know what delusion looks like.....

If you ever had someone tell you that Mark Grace was equal to or better than Frank Thomas.....even once....you also know what said delusions looks like

ohalloran
02-04-2003, 07:18 PM
The Sox do seem set up to take the Twins & if a few things go really right (Lee breakout-Rauch breakout-Borchard success etc..) they could roll.

But if a few things go really wrong---well, business as usual...

Bmr31
02-04-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Yeah, rumor has it that they're teaming up with KC and Detroit to form the ULTIMATE mediocre team... their firm grasp on third place remains secure for now...

Hey stranger things have happened. The Angels won the world series ONE SEASON after finishing 41 games out of 1st place. His opinion was realistic.

TheBigHurt
02-04-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Hey stranger things have happened. The Angels won the world series ONE SEASON after finishing 41 games out of 1st place. His opinion was realistic.

YEAH but the Angels in a way didnt come out of nowhere. That team always had talent they just needed to come together, which they did

gogosoxgogo
02-04-2003, 07:36 PM

Next year yes, this year no. They've been loading up on propsects from trading off their stars and from drafts. However, next year or the year after is going to be when they all explode into the majors. Next year, they won't do anything.

fuzzy_patters
02-05-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Next year yes, this year no. They've been loading up on propsects from trading off their stars and from drafts. However, next year or the year after is going to be when they all explode into the majors. Next year, they won't do anything.

I remember another team that was considered to be a year or two away in 2000. That's why they play the games.

Unregistered
02-05-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
I remember another team that was considered to be a year or two away in 2000. That's why they play the games. Well then I guess the line for Indians 2003 Playoff tickets forms directly behind you and WU... save me a seat.