PDA

View Full Version : Reinsdorf Speaks!

Lip Man 1
02-03-2003, 10:27 PM
WGN News just ran a soundbite from Uncle Jerry who broke his self imposed media silence to speak to Rich King. (Who as some of you know was one of the original Sox announcers in 1981 when Reinsdorf's group took over...)

Reinsdorf said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that the biggest complaint over the years by Sox fans was that the stadium was "to modern and not intimate enough." Uncle Jerry said that the Sox would be working to "enclose" things and that obviously something was going "to be done to the upper deck."

WGN's Steve Sanders then said the ENTIRE interview by Uncle Jerry to Rich King could be seen on Sunday Night's "Instant Replay" show which starts at 9:40 PM Chicago time on WGN-TV.

Lip

RedPinStripes
02-03-2003, 11:07 PM
Funny that he's talking now. Seems like he's trying to get back in the public eye a little. I saw him standing in the back of the room during the Q and A at soxfest. i'm sure he had 4 undercover security guards near by, but he was trying to blend in with the rest of the fans. No chance. I can spot him a mile away. :cool:

RedPinStripes
02-03-2003, 11:08 PM
He was actually talking to fans and signing autographs for the younger fans who didnt live through the 23 years of bull****.

DustyIsOverated1
02-04-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
He was actually talking to fans and signing autographs for the younger fans who didnt live through the 23 years of bull****.

Do you remember the coat one of the young fans was wearing.

RedPinStripes
02-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by DustyIsOverated1
Do you remember the coat one of the young fans was wearing.

Please tell me you didnt! :o:

DustyIsOverated1
02-04-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Please tell me you didnt! :o:

damn right. I don't know why everyone gets on his case so much. I can see why people are still feeling angry over the strike, but c'mon....a little support is not a bad idea. He is trying don't you think. I hate to say it but North for once actually made a good point in saying "what else will it take".

H e has shown he cares by going out and signing marquee FA. He close a deal and puts all the cash toward the stadium. He constantly holds forums/FG/surveys to get the fans reaction. I mean, without getting stupid, it's hard to say anything bad. JR is a businessman who happens to love baseball and own the White Sox. He makes moves, although he's no mark cuban or George Steinbrener, he still shows interest.

I choose not to complain and belly-ache. Instead, i'll just watch some white sox baseball.

Ya know, it's funny. Because sometimes I will read posts in hear that sound exactly like Northism's, then the next post is someone juggling a few choice words for him. Just a little observation.