PDA

View Full Version : New Article

BeerHandle
02-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Is anyone having trouble accessing the article on www.whitesox.com about US Cellular To Be World Class Park? I'm curious if they discuss the renovation plans.........

CHISOXFAN13
02-03-2003, 03:53 PM
I can't view it either. ARGHHHHH

moochpuppy
02-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Here's the story (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20030203&content_id=195821&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp)

BeerHandle
02-03-2003, 04:06 PM
Thanks Moochpuppy! Since the article didn't state the cosmetic changes to the park and all I have ever heard are rumors about the renovations, does anyone have documented information on changes we will see this year and through 2005?

cheeses_h_rice
02-03-2003, 04:10 PM
This is slightly OT, but I would not be surprised to see the various U.S. Cellular logos/lettering installed be of a not-very-permanent nature. With the quickly changing technology of wireless phones, I could imagine a day in the next few years where "cellular" could be not even accurate to describe the company's operations, so I could see the company changing its name to something less specific (to the technology) and more generic. Yes, I know that AT&T still stands for American Telephone & Telegraph and that 3M still stands for Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing, but at least with those abbreviations, it doesn't scream "outdated" like "U.S. Cellular" might in 5 years.

Hullett_Fan
02-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
Here's the story (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20030203&content_id=195821&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp)

Thanks for the link moochpuppy!

I did like this statement in the article:

"While specifics of future renovations were not revealed, team officials described those changes as "overwhelming " and "dramatic ." "

I'm sure that JR needs to sit down with the architects and US Cell to come up with a plan (or choose which parts of the existing plan) they want to move forward with.