PDA

View Full Version : rowand update

jeremyb1
02-03-2003, 02:04 PM
the southtown quotes rowand as saying

"I figure I'll be about 85-90 percent by the start of camp. I've been hitting for two weeks and doing defensive drills for over a month. (Manager) Jerry (Manuel) told me he might hold me back a bit once (Cactus League) games begin, but not much."

that seems to contradict herm's comments about rowand being behind as far as hitting to begin the spring. you can read the entire article here (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/031sd6.htm).

ScottySoxFan
02-03-2003, 02:28 PM
KW said at Friday night's Soxfest seminar that Rowand was a couple weeks ahead of schedule.

Williams told the crowd that Rowand wasn't supposed to be swinging the bat until mid-February and he's already been hitting.

He also answered one fan's concerns about Rowand and said that Rowand, "is the real deal."

I hope Kenny's right. We'll see how real he is with a full season of at-bats.

34 Inch Stick
02-03-2003, 03:09 PM
I would give him until June to prove himself to be an every day player. If he has not proven himself it should be Borchard time.

Hullett_Fan
02-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I would give him until June to prove himself to be an every day player. If he has not proven himself it should be Borchard time.

That's a good plan...and Borchard should be ready right about then too.

Brian26
02-03-2003, 03:41 PM
The crowd popped for Kenny's comments at the Friday night seminar too! I loved the "real deal" comment. The crowd seemed pro-Rowand and started heckling the annoying guy who asked the question. Best part of the seminar was being able to finally see what all of those lame Score callers actually look like.