PDA

View Full Version : Green Seats in 2004?

VeeckAsInWreck
02-02-2003, 06:55 AM
I may have read this on another thread, but does anyone here know if green seats are in our future?

If so, they would look awesome on a homerun porch! Just a thought for management!

Above all, a World Series Championship flag would look even nicer!

jortafan
02-02-2003, 08:32 AM
I've kept my mouth shut on this issue whenever I've seen it pop up here before. But I can't control myself any longer.

Could somebody please explain to me just what the big appeal is of green seats in the stadium!

The solid wall of blue doesn't bother me. It actually can be a relaxing color, and a nice contrast to the pinkish pre-formed concrete that's supposed to remind us of a brick facade (because JR was too cheap to go with a real brick outer facade when they built the ballpark).

While I have no objections to green, blue is a lot better than some of the bright and garish reds, oranges or yellows that I've seen in other stadiums.

What's really tacky is when buildings incorporate different colors of seats to designate differently-priced sections. That probably is the most disgusting feature of Montreal's Olympic Stadium. New seats alone would help that building.

34rancher
02-02-2003, 09:29 AM
If we are going to play in "the cell", then I say we either get black seats or prison grey ones. :D:

OfficerKarkovice
02-02-2003, 01:17 PM
No specific prison but a cell none the less:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9908/19/prison.investigation/prison.cell.jpg

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/ens/2000-009b.jpg

http://odin.indstate.edu/level1.dir/cml/rbsc/debs/images/BoxC/C14.gif

voodoochile
02-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
No specific prison but a cell none the less:

http://odin.indstate.edu/level1.dir/cml/rbsc/debs/images/BoxC/C14.gif

I like that one, it reminds me of the double deck skyboxes which caused the need to rehab the UD in the first place, thus leading to the selling of the naming rights and the nickname "The Cell".

That just could be JR in the gurads uniform...

WhiteSox = Life
02-02-2003, 08:19 PM
And, going along with "The Cell" theme, the bullpen should be just the "Pen," the shower should be the "Slammer," and when the White Sox get a crucial defensive stop in a game or a save, it should be considered "Lockdown."

Just a few ideas.

:D:

SaltyPretzel
02-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Keeping that theme, they could make the black pinstripes on the uniforms horizontal.

Nellie_Fox
02-02-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
....and a nice contrast to the pinkish pre-formed concrete that's supposed to remind us of a brick facade (because JR was too cheap to go with a real brick outer facade when they built the ballpark). There are a lot of things you can blame on JR, but this isn't one of them. The park was built by the taxpayers of the State of Illinois, not JR.

Pete_SSAC
02-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
...the shower should be the "Slammer," ...

Don't drop the soap...

:o:

- Pete

Lip Man 1
02-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Nellie:

You can blame the blue seats on Uncle Jerry. About seven or eight years ago I was told by one of the higher ups in the Sox Media Relations Department that the seats are blue because Uncle Jerry wanted something to remind him of his boyhood Brookly Dodgers, even thought "light blue" really hasn't had that much to do with the Sox franchise.

That individual no longer works for the Sox (he was there for a number of years)

Lip

hsnterprize
02-03-2003, 06:31 AM
Personally, I think green seats would be good for the stadium. That, along with other ideas I've written about renovating Comiskey, could really make the place we Sox fans could be proud of. I know there are people who like the place like it is now, but there are way too may of us, including myself, who feel the joint on 35th and Shields could use a "makeover".

Some of the other improvements I've written about in the past include cutting off the top 8 to 10 rows of the upper deck, and using them to make the home run porches in the outfield, making a "classic style" roof over the new U.D., and changing the seats from blue to green. And to confirm another post, Reinsdorf put in the blue seats to pay tribute to the Brooklyn Dodgers.

If anything, I'm glad the U.S. Cellular deal came through because the ballpark does need a makeover. I hope it doesn't take forever to renovate the place. I'm just uptight that it took this long for the Sox organization to admit they made a mistake with the new ballpark. I've seen way too many times Reinsdorf talk more about the 25,000 lower deck seats being good rather than the upper deck seats being as bas as they are. Once all of this renovation is done, I hope people will come out to Comiskey, or "the cell", and stop ripping the place.

moochpuppy
02-03-2003, 08:06 AM
How about a prison break air raid siren when the Sox hit a homerun along with search lights all around the field?

Also renaming all the seating. Each section is a "cell block", each row could be "prisoner's row" and the seat could be "cell number"

Hey, I'm in cell block 135, prisoner's row 4, cell number 16. :D:

jortafan
02-03-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
There are a lot of things you can blame on JR, but this isn't one of them. The park was built by the taxpayers of the State of Illinois, not JR.

Construction was paid for by bonds sold by the state, but the stadium itself was designed to fit the desires of JR. So yeah, he can get the blame for this.

WinningUgly!
02-03-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
How about a prison break air raid siren when the Sox hit a homerun along with search lights all around the field?

The seach light should follow whoever hits the HR, as he circles the bases.

gogosoxgogo
02-03-2003, 09:51 AM

Also renaming all the seating. Each section is a "cell block", each row could be "prisoner's row" and the seat could be "cell number"

Hey, I'm in cell block 135, prisoner's row 4, cell number 16. :D:

That's a great idea. It's too bad all Gallas can come up with is Elvis Night.

jortafan
02-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
The seach light should follow whoever hits the HR, as he circles the bases.

Can it also follow the visiting team pitcher as he skulks back to the dugout after getting knocked out of the game?

voodoochile
02-03-2003, 01:03 PM

Also renaming all the seating. Each section is a "cell block", each row could be "prisoner's row" and the seat could be "cell number". Hey, I'm in cell block 135, prisoner's row 4, cell number 16. :D:

POTW (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13)

IronFisk
02-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
Keeping that theme, they could make the black pinstripes on the uniforms horizontal.

:) That's a White Sox WINNER!!!

Beers to you! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

moochpuppy
02-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
POTW (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13)

WOOHOO!! :gulp: