PDA

View Full Version : Pretty good stuff


Daver
08-13-2001, 07:06 PM
From the daily Herald.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/main_story.asp?intid=371166

Randar68
08-13-2001, 07:14 PM
We played solid baseball against the best team in baseball. If we can keep that focus for the rest of the schedule, we have a chance to be successful.''

That's disturbing. With the poor clutch hitting(outside of 1 inning) and glaring mental mistakes at the plate, along with several defensive blunders, for this to be coming out of anyone's mouth is very worrisome....

PaleHoseGeorge
08-13-2001, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Randar68


That's disturbing. With the poor clutch hitting(outside of 1 inning) and glaring mental mistakes at the plate, along with several defensive blunders, for this to be coming out of anyone's mouth is very worrisome....

Well, that article did come from MLB.com. They aren't known for serving up anything but cream puffs about the Sox.

:)

Jerry_Manuel
08-13-2001, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Well, that article did come from MLB.com. They aren't known for serving up anything but cream puffs about the Sox.


:tool
Are you calling us soft PHG?

Daver
08-13-2001, 07:58 PM
Not to be corrective again PHG but that article was from the Daily Herald.
And the veiws voiced from MLB.com's White Sox site have,IMHO,improved lately.
But what the hell do I know?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-13-2001, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by daver
Not to be corrective again PHG but that article was from the Daily Herald.
And the veiws voiced from MLB.com's White Sox site have,IMHO,improved lately.
But what the hell do I know?

Oops. I posted to the wrong thread. I meant to diss the MLB.com interview with Nossek. I'll stick with my "cream puff" assessment.

MLB has really ruined that site. Whitesox.com is a shadow of its former self. Yes, it's getting better, but compared to what? They are only fixing problems they made for themselves when they ruined a perfectly good website.

Typical wrong-headed move by baseball's owners.

Jerry_Manuel
08-13-2001, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
MLB has really ruined that site. Whitesox.com is a shadow of its former self. Yes, it's getting better, but compared to what? They are only fixing problems they made for themselves when they ruined a perfectly good website.



Yes but since they ruined it people come here. So that's a good thing.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-13-2001, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel



Yes but since they ruined it people come here. So that's a good thing.


That's right, Jerry. And we didn't even have to spam them to get Sox fans to stop by. Imagine that!

:)

"I've noticed this website is pretty fair with me but unduly harsh on my nephew.
:jerry

"They're jealous of my contract. BTW, you owe me a cone."
:hitless

"But Royce, tonight's an off night."
:jerry

Jerry_Manuel
08-13-2001, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
That's right, Jerry. And we didn't even have to spam them to get Sox fans to stop by. Imagine that!


Right you are George I can't believe the nerve of some people who would stoop to that level!

:)