PDA

View Full Version : Re-writing History

Unregistered
02-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Looking at the website, it seems like history is being re-written:

U.S. CELLULAR FIELD HISTORY:
The new U.S. Cellular Field opened on April 18, 1991, three years after the Illinois General Assembly passed legislation to build the park directly across the street from old U.S. Cellular Field. Oh, I'll never forget the last game in old, historic U.S. Cellular Field...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_history.jsp

voodoochile
02-01-2003, 04:38 PM
*****!!!

Man, when the Sox sell the naming rights, they REALLY sell the naming rights...

whitesoxwilkes
02-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Looking at the website, it seems like history is being re-written:

Oh, I'll never forget the last game in old, historic U.S. Cellular Field...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_history.jsp

It looks like whomever edits the Sox webpage got a little overzealous with the "Find/Replace" command...

duke of dorwood
02-01-2003, 05:36 PM
I didnt know history had a price until now. While in favor of the sponsorship, the abrupt disappearance of Comiskey Park and what happened in there hurts a bit.

While going home on Dan Ryan last night, the blue "Comiskey Park" was still shining bright on the sign on the corner of 35th and Dan Ryan.

Maggliosfan09
02-01-2003, 07:50 PM
yeah and all the name changes on the site didn't take long. I was on there right after it was announced and the changes were there.

WinningUgly!
02-01-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
*****!!!

Man, when the Sox sell the naming rights, they REALLY sell the naming rights...

Charles U.S. Cellular
:comiskey

fuzzy_patters
02-01-2003, 11:53 PM
The new Comiskey Park opened on April 18, 1991, three years after the Illinois General Assembly passed legislation to build the park directly across the street from old Comiskey Park.

This is how it reads now. Apparently, the Sox have corrected it. Unless, you were just joking, and this is what it has always said. :?:

siugrad25
02-02-2003, 12:02 AM
No Fuzzy, it was there... I never laughed so hard in my life. I just got home from work to show my wife and noticed they changed it already.

I still don't know how these people still have jobs.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-02-2003, 12:50 AM
i noticed this earlier also, i was just about to show my dad and saw that they changed it back to comiskey. oh well

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-04-2003, 09:33 PM
it has been changed.

In January 2003, the Chicago White Sox and U.S. Cellular forged a unique partnership, renaming the ballpark U.S. Cellular Field. This agreement creates the opportunity for dramatic, fan-focused renovations and improvements to the park over the next several years. Specific details regarding future design and renovation plans, construction timelines and the unveiling of the new U.S. Cellular Field logo will be announced in the near future.

LuvSox
02-04-2003, 09:51 PM
WinningUgly----Charles US Cellular---that's pretty damn funny!