PDA

View Full Version : "The Cell" is born!


IronFisk
01-31-2003, 11:23 PM
What freakin' brilliance! Now we actually get to call that concrete monster what we've always wanted to - since it reminded me of a prision anyway. :D:

Hey, as long as the renovations continue....

See ya at "The Cell"!

:)

delben91
02-01-2003, 12:01 AM
"The Cell" eh? Does have a certain ring to it.

nut_stock
02-01-2003, 12:19 AM
It's no worse than Minute Maid Park or Tropicana Field.

"We'll settle this at the Cell!"

jortafan
02-01-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
It's no worse than Minute Maid Park or Tropicana Field.

"We'll settle this at the Cell!"

How could you forget the ultimate in awful names? Qualcomm Stadium!

Although I'm starting to think the replacement Petco Field is worse.

fuzzy_patters
02-01-2003, 12:27 AM
Sox fans at a Sox/Cleveland game:

You can't arrest me officer! I'm already in the Cell.

:rooney
The White Sox have quite the talented nucleus here in the Cell.

bc2k
02-01-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by IronFisk
What freakin' brilliance! Now we actually get to call that concrete monster what we've always wanted to - since it reminded me of a prision anyway. :D:

Hey, as long as the renovations continue....

See ya at "The Cell"!

:)

Great name. Does this mean we should now call Jerry Manuel Barney Fife?

PaleHoseGeorge
02-01-2003, 07:15 AM
Long-time posters here at WSI may recall the name we used to call Comiskey: Casa de Muerte, aka "House of Death." We even named the smack message board after it. Now the real-life slang name is "The Cell."

I tell ya, we're ahead of our time!

:)

joecrede
02-01-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Long-time posters here at WSI may recall the name we used to call Comiskey: Casa de Muerte, aka "House of Death." We even named the smack message board after it. Now the real-life slang name is "The Cell."

I tell ya, we're ahead of our time!

:)

"House of Death" to "The Cell". I love it.

I'm with you PHG, I can't see how any Sox fan could be against this deal.

I think the biggest difference between Sox fans and say Cubs fans, is Sox fans are much more pragmatic. We don't hold our self or the organization hostage to sentimentality or tradition. My only complaint is that the name isn't more gerish to make that difference between the two fan bases even more distinct.

Isn't it funny how the Trib can't get money from the rooftop owners who are stealing their product, yet the Chairman cuts a $68M naming rights deal for a park that has had one of the worst reputations (pre 2005) in MLB? He outfoxes 'em again.

RKMeibalane
02-01-2003, 02:06 PM
I expect Mariotti to offer his fair share of insults and jokes once Monday rolls around. That aside, I don't have an opinion on the name change. I will continue to think of the Sox home as Comiskey Park, just because I'm too lazy to commit the other name to memory. :D: