PDA

View Full Version : Hey Lip Man....

THE_HOOTER
01-31-2003, 09:15 PM
Just curious if you could answer this question to the best of your ability-and anyone else for that matter.

What is the overall perception of the Sox rotation leading into spring training?

Is Colon's weight any type of a concern realistically?

Can Jimenez replace Durham's runs scored, and can Rowand hold his own.

Personally, I don't worry about Crede because he is quiet, strong defense wise, and should be a good #7 in anyone's lineup.

I also dont worry about Thomas-his numbers should be somewhere in between a typical Frank season and his down seasons- which is pretty damn good.

Konerko, Lee, Ordonez, and Valentin should continue good production.

You know what bothers me a little-and you migh think I'm nuts- Buerhle. He really pissed a lot of folks off.

Feed me some opinions.

Daver
01-31-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
Just curious if you could answer this question to the best of your ability-and anyone else for that matter.

What is the overall perception of the Sox rotation leading into spring training?

Is Colon's weight any type of a concern realistically?

Can Jimenez replace Durham's runs scored, and can Rowand hold his own.

Personally, I don't worry about Crede because he is quiet, strong defense wise, and should be a good #7 in anyone's lineup.

I also dont worry about Thomas-his numbers should be somewhere in between a typical Frank season and his down seasons- which is pretty damn good.

Konerko, Lee, Ordonez, and Valentin should continue good production.

You know what bothers me a little-and you migh think I'm nuts- Buerhle. He really pissed a lot of folks off.

Feed me some opinions.

Colon's weight has been near the same at the start of the season for the last 5 seasons,he has always gained weight in the offseason and lost it in ST.

Aaron Rowand is a decent fourth outfeilder on a goodteam,he is a liability if he is the starting CFer on opening day.

Jiminez at this point has lost some range from his car accident,and some speed,I don't see him as a permanent answer for the second base position,and I don't see him being the offensive threat that Ray Durham could be,I would like to be proven wrong on this though.

The one I am least worried about is Buerhle,the only thing I see that can slow him down is injury.

But then again what the hell do I know? ©

THE_HOOTER
01-31-2003, 10:01 PM
Do you think that Lofton is a better answer?

Daver
01-31-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
Do you think that Lofton is a better answer?

He would put up a better OBP,and about the same BA,no he is not the answer.

Joe Borchard is the answer.

Let him learn at this level,the same way Robin did.