PDA

View Full Version : buehrle response

jortafan
01-31-2003, 09:27 PM
What do you people think of Buehrle's response? He told reporter-types prior to SoxFest that he gets nervous when asked to speak in public, so he tried to alleviate it by making a joke, one that "some people took too seriously."

I don't know if I buy it.

voodoochile
01-31-2003, 09:34 PM
That's what he said last year. I am NOT buying it...

baggio202
01-31-2003, 10:03 PM
this is absolutely nuts that people just keep going on and on about this...the season needs to start now...we got way too much time on our hands

CHISOXFAN13
01-31-2003, 10:29 PM
During Manuel and KW's seminar, Buerhle peeked his head through the door and eventually came into the seminar to a standing ovation. Got on the mike and sauid he hopes to be in Chicago for a very long time. It was a tremendous ovation.

Lip Man 1
01-31-2003, 11:21 PM
Pure damage control nothing more. Meet Me In St. Loouie...

I could buy his excuse last season but not twice in a row. If he gets nervous speaking in public then just accept your award, say "thank you..." and sit down.

He and his agent are dropping little hints to Sox management.

Lip

MattSharp
02-01-2003, 12:22 AM
Yea Buerhle is gone. Either this season or next they will eventually trade him or something. Stupid.

As for Buerhle, he has no class for slipping and saying it.

duke of dorwood
02-01-2003, 12:30 AM
He got a luke warm welcome at the opening ceremony too.

Lip Man 1
02-01-2003, 02:12 PM
Suggest that you read Joe Cowley's story on the Buehrle situation in Saturday's Daily Southtown.

Lip

doctor30th
02-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Here's that south town article.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/011sd1.htm

I also heard him talking in ESPN today, he purposely brought up how he was happy that an article was wrtten to help clear up how he joked.

baggio202
02-01-2003, 11:26 PM
"It's no big deal," Manuel said, laughing. "Every kid had a favorite team growing up and made it a dream to play for them. Basically, he's being himself. Plus, he's a lefty. They think a little differently from the rest of us."

great response by manuel...thats all KW had to say and this wouldnt have been blown out of proportion

RichH55
02-02-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
"It's no big deal," Manuel said, laughing. "Every kid had a favorite team growing up and made it a dream to play for them. Basically, he's being himself. Plus, he's a lefty. They think a little differently from the rest of us."

great response by manuel...thats all KW had to say and this wouldnt have been blown out of proportion

This is KW's fault?