PDA

View Full Version : FYI: SoxFest Saturday Sold Out

joecrede
01-31-2003, 03:13 PM
Tickets still remain for tonight and Sunday.

LuvSox
01-31-2003, 03:39 PM
How many tix are a sellout? 5,000?

Hullett_Fan
01-31-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Tickets still remain for tonight and Sunday.

Fudge!!! :angry: Was planning on getting walk-up tix tomorrow!!!! Anyone ever seen people scalping tix for the Fest??? I assume not, since it's been 9 years since they last sold out for this.

Going to try anyway I guess. Part of me is happy to see so many people are excited about the upcoming season.

HawkDJ
01-31-2003, 04:05 PM
Wow I thought Saturday last year was crowded, this is going to be insane. Good thing I'm going Sunday too. I'm not expecting too many autographs but the seminars should be fun anyways.

steff
01-31-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Fudge!!! :angry: Was planning on getting walk-up tix tomorrow!!!! Anyone ever seen people scalping tix for the Fest??? I assume not, since it's been 9 years since they last sold out for this.

Going to try anyway I guess. Part of me is happy to see so many people are excited about the upcoming season.

Hmmm.. I was going to offer you my tickets since we're going tonight.. UNTIL... I saw that you are from the "north side"... :angry: :D:

Hullett_Fan
01-31-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
Hmmm.. I was going to offer you my tickets since we're going tonight.. UNTIL... I saw that you are from the "north side"... :angry: :D:

Ouch! That hurt's. :D:

I'm 2800 North so 8 blks away from baseball hell. One of my buddies, a devout Sox fan lives one block from Wrigley and can see that back of the scoreboard from his front window.

Why he moved there I'll never know. There are a lot of Sox fans up north...once the Sox start winning they'll show their faces.

Have fun at the fest!

upnorthsox
01-31-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan

You should try at the bar in the Hyatt, a 1/3 of those guys won't end up making it in. Probably could get a couple of tix for a couple of beers!

RichH55
01-31-2003, 07:36 PM
Damn....and my plan to attend goes down in flames

VeeckAsInWreck
02-01-2003, 04:28 AM
I wish I could go this year, but I'll show up when it counts.

Opening Day !

baggio202
02-02-2003, 01:23 PM
actually this turned out to be incorrect...they were selling tickets saturday morning...the sox decided to sell tickets to everyone who showed up because they said they got the word out so late that alot of people didnt get it and were already spending money on parking and stuff...so they let them all in...

Hullett_Fan
02-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
actually this turned out to be incorrect...they were selling tickets saturday morning...the sox decided to sell tickets to everyone who showed up because they said they got the word out so late that alot of people didnt get it and were already spending money on parking and stuff...so they let them all in...

Yep. We went down anyway and they sold us tix (but did warn us that it was crowded). Had a good time! Bought a lot of memorabilia to add to the collection. :gulp: