PDA

View Full Version : Only about 10 hours left...

cheeses_h_rice
08-13-2001, 01:09 PM
...for Flub fans to keep saying "Best record in the NL, man!"

The rationalizations I've been reading from Flubbiefans nationwide about this most recent swoon, coupled with Kerry Wood's DL placement, are pretty excellent reading:

1. "We're still in first."

2. "Best record in the NL, man!"

3. "The Astros' schedule is brutal the rest of the year."

4. "Every team goes through streaky periods."

Whereas all evidence points to a huge momentum shift to the Astros, and even the Cards to a lesser extent. Several of the Flubs' starting pitchers are approaching career highs for innings pitched, the injury bug is lurking just 'round the corner, and Fassero is now proving to be incredibly mortal. Plus they still have almost no offense.

Contrast that with the arsenal that is the Astros, and I think you're witnessing the beginning of the end of the 2001 Blue Fairy Dust Tales on the northside....

Joel Perez
08-13-2001, 01:13 PM
The only thing that scares me about the Cubs is Freddie McGriff and Ricky Gutierrez--yes that Ricky! RG has made some clutch hits lately on SportsCenter.

Everything else is crap.

Fisk Fan
08-13-2001, 01:52 PM
If and when the Flubs fall out of 1st place, the rationale will be that Houston had an easier schedule, the Flubs had injuries, etc...

Bottom line, it's time for them to come back to earth. They were red-hot the first half of the year, and they are starting to cool off. When all is said and done, both the Astros and the Cardinals will finish ahead of them!

rmusacch
08-13-2001, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
If and when the Flubs fall out of 1st place, the rationale will be that Houston had an easier schedule, the Flubs had injuries, etc...

Bottom line, it's time for them to come back to earth. They were red-hot the first half of the year, and they are starting to cool off. When all is said and done, both the Astros and the Cardinals will finish ahead of them!

How can the Astros schedule be easier than the Cubs, when by virtue of playing in the same division, they have essentially the same schedule, the only way that is true is that Cubs are saying that the Astros are a better team than the Cubs and hence the Cubs have a tougher schedule. That is what is known as circle jerk.

LuvChiSox
08-13-2001, 02:08 PM
On Sat. nite, my friend who is a flub fan, said that the Cardinals were out of it (meaning the division race). At that point, the Cards were 6-1/2 games out. They're now just 5 out. I would love to see the Cards take the division lead, just so I could serve up some crow to my friend!

FarWestChicago
08-13-2001, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

How can the Astros schedule be easier than the Cubs, when by virtue of playing in the same division, they have essentially the same schedule, the only way that is true is that Cubs are saying that the Astros are a better team than the Cubs and hence the Cubs have a tougher schedule. That is what is known as circle jerk.

You gotta love that typical Flubbie logic.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-13-2001, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

You gotta love that typical Flubbie logic.

There is no end to the level of optimism amongst these dolts. They could get buried eight game in the standing by season's end and still be all nostaglic for their great 2001 season. They've been making heroes of that pathetic '69 team for over 30 years now. What a joke!

Imagine 30 years from now with Sam-me doing the same schtick Ron Santo does today.

"Oh, noooooo!":shammy

cheeses_h_rice
08-13-2001, 06:43 PM
That's precisely the sort of garbage I've been reading:

"Well, even if they don't win their division, I'll still be really happy for what they've done. I didn't expect them to do anything at all this year."

Hmm, I seem to recall a lot of cocky, smack-assed crap coming from the North Side camp all frigging season long. These Flubfans thought their sh*t didn't think. Some of the unbearable arrogance I read on various message boards (especially when the Sox began the season so horribly) was downright vomit-inducing.

My how the worm has turned...and I'm loving it.

voodoochile
08-13-2001, 06:52 PM
My how the worm has turned...and I'm loving it.

Yeah, now take the real farfetched possiblity of the flubbie choking AND the Sox somehow sneaking in... God, I would die laughing...

Jerry_Manuel
08-13-2001, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Hmm, I seem to recall a lot of cocky, smack-assed crap coming from the North Side camp all frigging season long. These Flubfans thought their sh*t didn't think. Some of the unbearable arrogance I read on various message boards (especially when the Sox began the season so horribly) was downright vomit-inducing.

:moron
I know that I didn't smack talk.

cheeses_h_rice
08-13-2001, 06:56 PM
Sorry, Jay-Jay, but you were among the cheerleaders of the smacktalk bunch.

In fact, I seem to recall one particularly infuriating column you wrote a few months ago wherein you used the term "delicious" to describe the Flubbies' wonderful season and the Sox's not-so-wonderful start. Remember that? I think I'm going to have to use that descriptive term about, oh, a few dozen times once your overachieving Blueboys are through for the season...

Jerry_Manuel
08-13-2001, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Sorry, Jay-Jay, but you were among the cheerleaders of the smacktalk bunch.

In fact, I seem to recall one particularly infuriating column you wrote a few months ago wherein you used the term "delicious" to describe the Flubbies' wonderful season and the Sox's not-so-wonderful start. Remember that? I think I'm going to have to use that descriptive term about, oh, a few dozen times once your overachieving Blueboys are through for the season...

Sir I am not now nor have I ever been a cheerleader.
Yeah I said the season was delicious, because the Cubs were beating the league's best teams. While your scum Sox were 15 games under .500. Not to worry the Cubs will sweep the Astros and all will be fine and very delicious.

voodoochile
08-13-2001, 07:07 PM
"...all will be fine and very delicious"

:messica
"Everything but you, you fat pathetic freak..."