PDA

View Full Version : SoxFest Rook

LuvSox
01-30-2003, 02:31 PM
I'm going to my first fest this year, I was wondering if there are any rules as far as autographs go, like what you can bring to get signed. I've looked around but I can't seem to find anything in writing. Thanks fellow pale hose die hards!

Iwritecode
01-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
I'm going to my first fest this year, I was wondering if there are any rules as far as autographs go, like what you can bring to get signed. I've looked around but I can't seem to find anything in writing. Thanks fellow pale hose die hards!

I've never seen any "official" rules written down or anything. Mostly it's just common sense. Most people bring the usual: balls, bats, jerserys, hats, pictures, cards, flags, etc. The only rule I know is only one signature per person.

All the players have a regular ink pen, a sharpie marker, and a silver permentant marker (for writting on things like batting helmets or black bats) in front of them. So as long as one of those things will write on what you want signed and you can carry it with no problem, you should be ok.

LuvSox
01-30-2003, 02:55 PM
Thanks IWriteCode, I am taking a bat and didn't know if you could carry one around in this day and age.

Iwritecode
01-30-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Thanks IWriteCode, I am taking a bat and didn't know if you could carry one around in this day and age.

I think you should be ok. They even sell those clear plastic tubes so you can proctect it after it's been signed.

balz1472
01-30-2003, 04:26 PM
On the note of selling the plastic tubes for bats... do they also sell MLB baseballs at the Fest too? I have looked at several places and they do not carry official balls.

whitesoxwilkes
01-30-2003, 04:51 PM
yes they do...for the bargain price of $8. That's like $4 cheaper than in stores..I need to stock up.