PDA

View Full Version : Question for those in Chicago.....

MaggPipes
08-13-2001, 01:43 PM
I am going there this week, and can we just walk up to get tickets anywhere, and where is the best seating, are the bleachers any good??? Also, what time does batting practice start....thanks.,..

Joel Perez
08-13-2001, 01:53 PM
Sit anywhere in the 100 section for the best seat.

Also, just walk up to the Ticket booth at Comiskey--they should have plenty of tickets available.....LOL

MaggPipes
08-13-2001, 02:19 PM
how long before the game does batting practice start?????

Kilroy
08-13-2001, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
how long before the game does batting practice start?????

You can enter the park 90 minutes before game time. The Sox are sometimes still out there but rarely.

MaggPipes
08-13-2001, 02:28 PM
where in the park is section 100??/

LuvChiSox
08-13-2001, 02:33 PM
The gates open 1 1/2 hrs. before game time. The Sox take batting practice first, so if you want to watch, get there when the gates open! If it is a 7:05 start, go at 5:30.

Also, usually some of the Sox players will sign autographs near the Sox dugout. So if you're able to hang around the stands near the dugout (about Sec. 144--just to the left of the D.O.) before gametime, you might be able to snag an autograph or two...

Also, if for some strange reason you can't get tix in the 100 section, the UD box seats (Sec. 530-534) are nice--you get a great view of the park. The seats closest to home plate in the 100 section are between 121 and 143. past that, you'll be either too far left or too far to the right (in my opinion).

Jjav829
08-13-2001, 02:33 PM
section 100 is in center field. Use this to help you determine what section you want.

Seating chart (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/cws_seating_pricing.jsp?club_context=cws)

Kilroy
08-13-2001, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
where in the park is section 100??/

What that should have read is to get tix on the 100 level.

100 = lower deck
200 = suites
300 = club level
400 = suites
500 = upper deck

LuvChiSox
08-13-2001, 02:43 PM
Another thought:

When you get to Comiskey Park, hang around outside the main ticket window (ask anyone and they'll tell you where it is) and oftentimes, you'll find someone who is selling good seats, and at face value.

If you plan to drive there, be sure and park in one of the official Sox lots. DO NOT park anywhere else! Once you get to the parking lot gate, an attendant will take your money. There is an occasional scammer who will flag down cars (esp. those that have out of state tags) and try to get you to park in their lot. Or else they'll take your money and run! So lock your doors and close your windows until you get to the Lot gate.

Fisk Fan
08-13-2001, 02:47 PM
Something to keep in mind. If you cannot get tickets in the 100 level, you can buy upper deck seats and go to the Bullpen Sports Bar to watch the game. They usually let the first 60 people outside to watch the game. We always have a good time there, especially when Sally So-So came to town. We were relentless!!!

DuckSnort
08-13-2001, 10:40 PM
I really liked the Box seats, they're really nice!

34rancher
08-13-2001, 11:06 PM
You might want to check about seats on Friday night, it is Elvis night, and that usually sells out quick.

steff
08-14-2001, 11:03 AM
Posted by LuvChiSox:

"So lock your doors and close your windows until you get to the Lot gate."

Oh my God... Do you even go to the games..? Lock your doors and close your windows... paaallleeaasseeee!!!
We drive with the top down in and out of the park. Stop listening to the Comiskey Park Urban Legends and GO to a game so you can post a factual comment.

Soxboyrob
08-14-2001, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by 34rancher
You might want to check about seats on Friday night, it is Elvis night, and that usually sells out quick.

Does anyone know if this is correct? I planned on going to Friday's game w/ my dad and we were just going to buy tix when we got there. I've never heard of any Elvis night sellouts and I've been going to games for a long time. Anybody w/ additional knowledge on this Elvis phenomena?

Soxboyrob
08-14-2001, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by steff3603
Oh my God... Do you even go to the games..? Lock your doors and close your windows... paaallleeaasseeee!!!
We drive with the top down in and out of the park. Stop listening to the Comiskey Park Urban Legends and GO to a game so you can post a factual comment.

I was thinking along the same lines.

We don't worry about anything or anyone when going to Sox games. You'll be especially safe if you approach the park from the West, coming down 35th Street, or from the North or South, using the Dan Ryan. There is virtually no chance of problems using that method, unless you make some wrong turns and lose your bearings and end up in a bad area. Comiskey isn't in a bad area, but is near a couple of them. Just stay away from the area about 2-3 blocks to the south of the park and you'll be fine and safe.

Iwritecode
08-14-2001, 11:25 AM
Hey now, some of those legends are true, I've been robbed in Comiskey before...

The beer cost how much?!? I better get a couple of homeruns to go with it for that price!

LOL :)

voodoochile
08-14-2001, 11:30 AM
The beer cost how much?!?

Damn Beer vendors... I just hate when they put a gun to my head and FORCE me to drink a 6-pack...

Yeah, my girlfriend never believed it either...

Randar68
08-14-2001, 11:34 AM
Damn Beer vendors... I just hate when they put a gun to my head and FORCE me to drink a 6-pack...

Yeah, my girlfriend never believed it either...
*****!

Yeah, the best deal is the $5 24 ounce beers inthe bullpen bar, if we're in the LF corner, we take turns going on down there and getting those....It's like 8 free ounces of beer compared to the 4.50 (5.00 if you tip, like you should) 16 ouncers in the seats...

Usually 2 or three of those by the 3rd inning, and we only have one or two more the rest of the game!!!

hehehehehe.....

steff
08-14-2001, 11:56 AM
Yuk, yuk, yuk... on the beer vendor comments guys. Seriously, I am so sick and tired of people who DON'T go to the games buying the crap about the area around the park being some Helter Skelter worshiping playground. It ISN'T!! The recreation center is ALWAYS full of people swimming and kids running around playing in the playground. You nearly get run over by them when you cut threw there on the way back from Jimbo's. People who make stupid comments like that make me sick.... Try walking back to your car from a game on the North side. If you're female walking without a man, you're screwed... unless you've got a mean left hook or a potty mouth to fight back with.

34rancher
08-14-2001, 02:39 PM
I just checked with Whitesox.com and there are no 2 seats together in the lower deck. It is Elvis night, along with fireworks and skydiving Elvis. The only reason I know this is that I take my mom every year. She loves that night. So get you thickest chops out and watch the Sox TCB. It is a great time.

voodoochile
08-14-2001, 02:50 PM
If the lower deck is sold out than buy upperdeck reserved (NOT BOX). You will be a little higher, but probably between the ondeck circles. You can ask at the ticket windo for slightly lower, slightly further out seats (behind the ondeck circle in row 16 instead of straight behind home in the last row). Upper deck box ends at row 15. If the game is crowded, then the "best available" will be row 15 in the left (or right) field corner (they go up then out). Meanwhile you can probably sit in row 16 right behind the Sox on deck circle for $3.00 less per ticket... which of course means... ONE MORE BEER!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

LuvChiSox
08-14-2001, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
Posted by LuvChiSox:

"So lock your doors and close your windows until you get to the Lot gate."

Apparently YOU don't go to many games--virtually every game I've gone to (which is at least 20 so far this year)there are guys trying to flag down cars to get them to park in non-official lots...we have practically run over many of them, and a person who is unfamiliar with the area and/or the parking situation can very easily get scammed...but you wouldn't know that unless you went to alot of games.

steff
08-14-2001, 03:50 PM
Posted by LuvChiSox:

"Apparently YOU don't go to many games--virtually every game I've gone to (which is at least 20 so far this year)there are guys trying to flag down cars to get them to park in non-official lots...we have practically run over many of them, and a person who is unfamiliar with the area and/or the parking situation can very easily get scammed...but you wouldn't know that unless you went to alot of games."

Oh honey.. I'm a season ticket holder. Tonight will be game # 38 at Comiskey and # 47 for the season. I did NOT disagree with you that there are other lots to park in (which by the way ARE licensed lots and pay the Sox fees, otherwise the cops out there directing traffic would arrest them ). I DISAGREED with your dumb a$$ statement to "roll up the windows and lock your doors..." because the area around Comiskey park is sooooo scary. Get real. Get off the Ryan where your supposed to and park anywhere between 31st and 35st and as far south as the burrito restaurant past the viaduct and there are no worries... unless you're an idiot.

THE_HOOTER
08-14-2001, 05:50 PM
Somebody tell the broad to take a chill pill.

I live in the city, and make several sales calls in the Bridgeport area.
The surrounding areas ARE something to be aware of, and I don't think that poster was even talking about that.

I think he/she was refering to not getting hassled by the fake parking attendants.

Take it easy sister, we are all friends here.

voodoochile
08-14-2001, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER

Nice, you're a credit to men in general...

"Hooter like broads, ugh... smack with club ugh... take back to cave ugh... keep no shoes... make babies... broad's nice... Hooter go now must kill dinner with club."

Daver
08-14-2001, 07:12 PM
O.K. VC stop holding back and tell us how you really feel.

:)

Streets
08-14-2001, 10:56 PM
If a guy made that statement would you call him a jackass? No, so don't bring out the "broad" and "sister" crap. I'm also sick and tired of people making Comiskey out as if it's "lock your doors, run inside or you'll get shot" type of thing. You have to be a complete moron to not see the "official" Sox parking signs throughout that area leading you to the lots. If you are stupid enough to park elsewhere than thats your own fault.

Bmr31
08-14-2001, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

*****!

Yeah, the best deal is the $5 24 ounce beers inthe bullpen bar, if we're in the LF corner, we take turns going on down there and getting those....It's like 8 free ounces of beer compared to the 4.50 (5.00 if you tip, like you should) 16 ouncers in the seats...

Usually 2 or three of those by the 3rd inning, and we only have one or two more the rest of the game!!!

hehehehehe.....

Randar you sound like a "professional beer drinker". Im impressed. woooohooooo, i think ill go get a beer right now....

LuvChiSox
08-15-2001, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER

I live in the city, and make several sales calls in the Bridgeport area.
The surrounding areas ARE something to be aware of, and I don't think that poster was even talking about that.

I think he/she was refering to not getting hassled by the fake parking attendants.

Take it easy sister, we are all friends here.

Well I'm glad SOMEBODY understood what I was talking about...the area around the park is like most any other area around Chicago--but what I was referring to was the fake parking attendants hassling people--especially those from out of town....

Thanks.

voodoochile
08-15-2001, 10:41 AM
but what I was referring to was the fake parking attendants hassling people--especially those from out of town....

You have to understand something. Local Sox fans get tired of all the negative publicity about the area surrounding Comiskey Park. Before the place even opened, there were false rumors that bullet holes were being found in the upper deck seats, presumably from the RT homes across the DR. When you make a comment like "lock your doors and rool up your windows until you get to the park", it sounds like more of the same old same old and some posters get upset by it. It isn't the message, it is the wording. I have parked in lots away from Comiskey when forced to (stadium lots were sold out), and not had a problem. Yes, if you are from out of town the safest thing to do is to park at the stadium, and I am sure there are scammers out there looking to take advantage of people, but the neighborhood itself isn't as bad as the publicity has made it out to be. You don't need to lock yourself in to ignore parking attendents, just drive by them, or if necessary, run over them... :)

Daver
08-15-2001, 06:52 PM
I still prefer to park on State St. and avoid paying the parking fee at the park.