PDA

View Full Version : It's SoxFest Eve!

Viva Magglio
01-30-2003, 10:09 AM
I will lead off the SoxFest Eve thread by mentioning that Rob Gallas just said on the Murph & Fred show that the biggest crowds since SoxFest 1994 are expected this weekend.

Cheryl
01-30-2003, 11:29 AM
I'm skipping Soxfest. But I am going to this (http://www.fmnh.org/baseball/index.html) next week.

maurice
01-30-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
I'm skipping Soxfest. But I am going to this (http://www.fmnh.org/baseball/index.html) next week.

Nice call, Cheryl. A little bit of Cooperstown in Chicago.

For those who haven't been, Cooperstown is a fantastic experience (much better than Canton), and I highly recommend it. Even some non-sports fans enjoy the town and scenery.

Cheryl
01-30-2003, 01:09 PM
I've been to Cooperstown. Actually, the baseball library has my resume, but turnover there is very low. I'm excited about the travelling exhibit.

Viva Magglio
01-30-2003, 08:42 PM
I went to the Hyatt after work to check the place out. The "Welcome to SoxFest" banner is already hanging in the atrium. Down in Wacker Hall where the exhibitors and autograph booths are, workers are setting up the exhibition booths and autograph line railings.

I also went up to the atrium bar which is officially known as "BIG." Drinks are served in large sized, the bar is said to be the longest in North America, and it claims that its cigars are the biggest (they probably cause big mouth and throat cancers too!). But the adjective from which the bar gets its name is most prominent with the prices. For example, one regular bottle of domestic beer is more than $5 (more expensive than a six-pack of the same brand in many a convenience store!). If you think you have escape high drink prices by going to the Hyatt's sports bar, Knuckles, guess again. The prices are the same throughout the hotel. All hotels jack up their prices, so this is not exclusive to the Hyatt.

Twenty-four hours from now, the SoxFest Friday will be in full swing.

mike squires
01-30-2003, 09:14 PM
I'm sure all of you are aware, but Billy Koch will be at Soxfest. Wow, that says alot about him and how much he wants to be with the sox especially signing that contract.

KonerkoPower14
01-30-2003, 09:17 PM
I can't wait. I am going all three days as well as staying the 2 nights. My schedule is the following:
Friday
Billy Koch Time:Unknown
Joe Crede/Joe Borchard Time-5:30

THat is only for Friday.Will post my other schedule later tonite,time to do Geometry Homework.Boring.. :(: I also would like to tell you that I go to high school where Ed Farmer went.Little Trivia.

Daver
01-30-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
I'm sure all of you are aware, but Billy Koch will be at Soxfest. Wow, that says alot about him and how much he wants to be with the sox especially signing that contract.

I think he would be happy to know who he will be playing for for more than half a season,he has been traded twice in a year and a half.

Bmr31
01-30-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by daver
I think he would be happy to know who he will be playing for for more than half a season,he has been traded twice in a year and a half.

You hit the nail on the head and i expect a HUGE season from Koch. All employees, even rich ones, want to feel needed.

gogosoxgogo
01-30-2003, 11:08 PM
I like Koch. I think he is going to be a great guy around the clubhouse and with the media... exactly what the Sox need. The fact that he is wanting to actually stay with a team instead of a new one each offseason makes it all the better. If the Sox can win their division in the next two years, I think he'll want to stay with us. Let's give this guy some love at SoxFest, he's going to be a lot of fun.

On another note, I'm kind of mad that the Sox haven't released when Koch will be signing on Friday (I've heard he'll only be there on Friday), so I'm not able to plan around him accordingly.