PDA

View Full Version : Gallas on the SCORE @ 9AM Thursday...

DrCrawdad
01-30-2003, 07:14 AM
:gallas

Gallas will be taking phone calls.

Hangar18
01-30-2003, 10:37 AM
Okay....I just listened. he was on for exactly 18 minutes.
He only took 3 calls, and pretty much just talked about
SoxFest. He said they were having Elvis Nite again (anniv of his death) and are adding Rat Pack Nite (yes, Sinatra, Sammy etc)
Dog Day will be in April. of the 3 calls, the best one was the
first guy, wanted to know What Happened with the HR Porch.
Gallas said it wasnt in the works, but might happen in the Future.
there couldve been some Excellent questions asked (like WHY do they let the CUbs dominate the media attention here etc etc)
nice to hear some sox talk for 18minutes. wasnt satisfied though. This morning though...they did do some Sox Talk for a while, maybe 1/2 hour.....very thorough. IM VERY SURPRISED TO HEAR SOX on the Cub Radio Network (the score).
kudos to them I guess.

Viva Magglio
01-30-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
the Cub Radio Network (the score).

That is a bunch of crap. The Score is not WGN, and it does more than its fair share of Cub-bashing. And one of the biggest Cub-bashers is none other than Bleacher Bum alum Mike Murphy. Just because the don't kiss the Sox' ass does not make them the "Cub Radio Network."

CHISOXFAN13
01-30-2003, 11:18 AM
I agree. A majority of the on-air personalities are Sox fans. I think the Score gives a fair amount of time to both teams, especially when things are going well.

gosox41
01-30-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
:gallas

Gallas will be taking phone calls.

I would have asked him what kind of butt kissing job did he do in order to keep his job with the Sox and JR. For some reason JR supports him though it's clear to me he is a truly awful PR man. The attendence numbers speak for themselves. Sure Robby may come up with a gimmick or two butg they get old after a couple of years...at least to most people.

Wasn't he the idiot who was insulting Sox fans right after the strike in 1994? Wasn't he also the idiot who handled the PR badly on that Sun Times article a few years back about how the Sox didn't try to accommodate a handicap fan?

Gallas and KW must be doing one hell of a butt kissing job to keep their jobs despite their incompetence. Even the Bulls draw better then the Sox and they suck.

Bob

Hangar18
01-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
That is a bunch of crap. The Score is not WGN, and it does more than its fair share of Cub-bashing. And one of the biggest Cub-bashers is none other than Bleacher Bum alum Mike Murphy. Just because the don't kiss the Sox' ass does not make them the "Cub Radio Network."

Hey Maggs, your reading that wrong. Mike Murphy does a lot of Cub Bashing. Your RIGHT. he does a lot of Cub-Bashing too.
He also does a lot of CUB BASHING. He praises some of the players on that team....he complains about things, and leads the audience into cub conversations, but one thing he does do...
Is He Bashes the Cubs....A Lot. (do you see where Im going withh this) WHY DOESNT HE BASH THE SOX AS MUCH??
They certainly deserve it. Let Me Repeat Myself. THE SOX HAVE DESERVED A TON OF BASHING THE LAST FEW YRS. Theyve managed to escape most of it, because of Sammys HR's, and Baylors ineptitude, and the arrival of The Saviour (Prior) During the season...when the sox
win and Cubs win....Hes Talking Cub. When the Sox Lose and Cubs Win.....Hes Talking Cub. When the Cubs Lose and Sox Lose, Hes Bashing the Cubs. When the Cubs Lose and the Sox
Win....Hes Complaining and asking why the Cubs arent winning, Then Bashing the CUbs.
now this morning, I was really pleased to hear his thoughts,
(AS the unbiased reporter hes supposed to be) and he did
know a bit about the Buerhle flap and had an opinion on it.

cheeses_h_rice
01-30-2003, 11:53 AM
Hangar, is it too much to ask you to stop hitting the carriage return when you post, and to double-space your paragraphs? The way your posts look makes them very difficult to follow.

Iwritecode
01-30-2003, 12:49 PM
Dog Day will be in April.

Umm... I thought the dog days of summer where in July/August???

:?:

Iwritecode
01-30-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Hangar, is it too much to ask you to stop hitting the carriage return when you post, and to double-space your paragraphs? The way your posts look makes them very difficult to follow.

Carriage return? I think you're showing your age Cheeses. It's usually called the 'enter' key now...

:) :) :)

Cheryl
01-30-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by gosox41

Wasn't he also the idiot who handled the PR badly on that Sun Times article a few years back about how the Sox didn't try to accommodate a handicap fan?

Bob

What? Comiskey is one of the most accessible parks in the bigs. I don't know this story at all. Does anyone have details?

Hangar18
01-30-2003, 01:36 PM
hey fellas, im confused. My posts look exactly the same as the others Im reading here. Hit double space??
and DONT hit return??

jortafan
01-30-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Carriage return? I think you're showing your age Cheeses. It's usually called the 'enter' key now...

Hey! No picking on us old-timers who've actually used a typewriter at some point in our lives.

Now, excuse me while I go listen to an LP on my turntable.

Iwritecode
01-30-2003, 02:38 PM
and Sox Lose, Hes Bashing the Cubs. When the Cubs Lose and
the Sox
Win....Hes Complaining and asking why the Cubs arent winning, Then Bashing the CUbs.
now this morning, I was really pleased to hear his
thoughts,
(AS the unbiased reporter hes supposed to be) and he
did
know a bit about the Buerhle flap and had an opinion on
it.

Unless your screen is displaying your posts differently for some reason, this is how your posts look. The words in red are on their own line for some reason...

hose
01-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
Hey! No picking on us old-timers who've actually used a typewriter at some point in our lives.

Now, excuse me while I go listen to an LP on my turntable.

78 ? :D:

cheeses_h_rice
01-31-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Dear me. I feel old, I really do.

Let's put it this way: while I am "only" 36, I learned to type on my mom's old MANUAL typewriter. The carriage return was the manual version of the "enter" key. Then I "upgraded" to an IBM Selectric in my typing class in high school. My how that seemed so high-tech at the time...

Sigh...

cheeses_h_rice
01-31-2003, 12:53 PM
hey fellas, im confused. My posts look exactly the same as the others Im reading here. Hit double space??
and DONT hit return??

Hangar, your posts have a full line of text and then, like, a half line or less. It appears you're hitting the "enter" key when you get to the end of the screen that you type your posts in, which isn't necessary since the text will autowrap.

Also, your paragraphs are stacked one on top of the other -- a double enter key would be appropriate to putting a blank line between them.

HTH.

gosox41
01-31-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
What? Comiskey is one of the most accessible parks in the bigs. I don't know this story at all. Does anyone have details?

I wish I had more information It was a Sun Times article. I have no ide what year,b ut I tihnk between 1997-2000. If I remember correctly Carol Slezak wrote it. I don't remember all the details but some fan called the Sox ticket office for handicap tickets and was screwed around. This is when the Sox were drawing 12K a game. I wish I remember more.

Does anyone else remember what I am talking about?

Bob

joecrede
01-31-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I wish I had more information It was a Sun Times article. I have no ide what year,b ut I tihnk between 1997-2000. If I remember correctly Carol Slezak wrote it. I don't remember all the details but some fan called the Sox ticket office for handicap tickets and was screwed around. This is when the Sox were drawing 12K a game. I wish I remember more.

Does anyone else remember what I am talking about?

Bob

I vaguely remember something about this, but FWIW as a disabled fan, I can tell you the Sox have gone out of their way to be accommodating to me. They are by far the best Chicago baseball team when it comes to this. The Cubs? Oh the stories ...

hose
01-31-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
I vaguely remember something about this, but FWIW as a disabled fan, I can tell you the Sox have gone out of their way to be accommodating to me. They are by far the best Chicago baseball team when it comes to this. The Cubs? Oh the stories ...

I always thought that the Sox were accommodating, good to hear you confirm it.