PDA

View Full Version : Question for people going to SoxFest on Friday

HawkDJ
01-28-2003, 05:09 PM
To anyone going to SoxFest this Friday...I know they give out those schedules of the weekend of what players will be at what booths and the seminars and such. Is there any way you can post the schedule of who will be at what booth for Saturday and Sunday and when the seminars are? It would help alot to plan for the weekend. I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks

Maggliosfan09
01-28-2003, 05:16 PM
http://whitesox.mlb.com/cws/downloads/soxfest2003_sched.pdf

HawkDJ
01-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Oh wow, thanks that will help.

Nevermind my original question.

Maggliosfan09
01-28-2003, 05:31 PM
no problemo. it's easy to miss.

HawkDJ
01-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Anyone think more people will join the list? Seems like much less players than last year.

arw1982
01-28-2003, 06:05 PM
Hi, I just had a few quick questions about Soxfest, this will be my first time attending. How long are the lines usually for autographs ? Also, do people line up(or get there) early for the popular players, if so how early ? Looking at the schedule, there are alot of players signing around 10-11(Frank, Buerhle, Baines,McDowell,etc.). Is it possible to get most of their autographs or should we choose one of them ? Thanks.

Maggliosfan09
01-28-2003, 06:23 PM
Depending on what time you get there is how long the lines will be for you. Friday everyone waits around in the hall in a long line. Then they let everyone into the ballroom around like 4:30 for the opening ceremony. Then when that is over they let you out in the order of the line (you're in rows in the ballroom) and you get to go where you want. I'd choose the people's autographs that i wanted most and get in their line first and if you get done fast you may be able to get some other autographs. I don't know how Saturday or Sunday works though. Hope that helped a little.

arw1982
01-28-2003, 06:27 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm going Saturday.

Maggliosfan09
01-28-2003, 06:29 PM
i don't know how it works saturday but i'd pick the person or person's autograph/s that i want the most and get in their line first.

HawkDJ
01-28-2003, 06:59 PM
Saturday was the most popular day last year and I just remember the lines were very long and they closed off pretty quick so we had to wait in line before the players were even there to be able to get in the line before it closes. Just choose who you want most. If you are going one day only you won't get everyone you want. Consider that if you want autographs from anyone doing training clinics (borchard,rowand,paul,garland,harris) you could possibly get their auto at the end of the clinic.

arw1982
01-28-2003, 08:11 PM
How early do you think we should get there to get Frank's autograph at 11 ?

HawkDJ
01-28-2003, 09:58 PM
Well I'm not the biggest expert so hopefully someone else will respond. I've only gone one year. I just remember last year Frank's line was cut off very quickly. Better to be safe than sorry. Sorry I can't help too much. :(:

mike squires
01-28-2003, 10:24 PM
It's about a two hour wait for ANY line you choose (xept for hawk and DJ) If you get there way early and get out of there quick it's still a 2 hour wait cause you waited early. make sense? Frank was cut off very early Saturday morning. (I would recommend camping out early!) I went down a few hours before they started and I still was too late however there's some popular players signing the same time he is so maybe it won't be as bad..but i wouldn't count on it. I got Konerko's and Durham and Ed Farmer after the seminars, I missed Frank by a hair...

Iwritecode
01-29-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by arw1982
How early do you think we should get there to get Frank's autograph at 11 ?

IIRC, there were people lining up last year at like 5AM.

From my experience last year, if you end up towards the back of the line, it takes between 2 and 3 hours to get all the way through. If you can be one of the first people in line and get in and out as soon as they start signing, it helps because then you can go jump in line for someone else that starts an hour or so later. Personally, I made a list of the top 7 or 8 players I want to meet the most and compared their times for each day (since I'll be there all three days). Then I made a schedule of who I want to try and meet when.

Here's what I came up with:

Fri = Konerko @ 5:15
Garland @ 7:30

Sat = Burly @ 10:00
McDowell @ 11:00 (this is questionable)

Sun = Thomas @ 10:00
Maggs @ 1:00

Inbetween times I'm just going to wing it. Between eating, checking stuff out and the seminars and training clinics I'm sure I'll find plenty more to do.

arw1982
01-29-2003, 03:13 PM
Do you think if we get there by 8:30 (I'm coming from Wisconsin and I have to pick someone up on the way) we will at least get in at the end of the line (or will it be closed by 8:30?) ?

RedPinStripes
01-29-2003, 04:06 PM
I never stand in line for that crap. Let the kids fight their way through it. I'd rather meet up with them in the bar later on that night. :D: :gulp: :gulp:

jeremyb1
01-29-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I never stand in line for that crap. Let the kids fight their way through it. I'd rather meet up with them in the bar later on that night. :D: :gulp: :gulp:

yeah. my personal experience is that no matter what you're ussually looking at a rather long wait for autographs. i think the seminars are by far a better use of ones time. you get to heard the players talk and see what the have to say. unless you ask a question you don't get much one on one time with the players but you still come away feeling like you interacted with them to a greater degree than if you simply had them sign an autograph.

arw1982
01-30-2003, 12:20 AM
So do you think I should bother getting up early to get their by 8:30 or will Frank's line probably be closed by then (he starts at 11 and the limit is 800) ?