PDA

View Full Version : Pitcher Signings

Lip Man 1
01-28-2003, 11:53 AM
Two pitcher signings today.

Juan Acevedo (whom the Sox almost got) signed a deal with the Yankees. If he makes the team he gets 900,000 and the Yanks have an option on him next season for a couple million. (Now we understand why Williams said Acevedo wanted to much money!)

Mike Fetters an experienced middle / set up guy, signed with the Twins. (That wil certainly add depth to their staff!)

Lipl

duke of dorwood
01-28-2003, 12:17 PM
It will add pounds to the Twins staff too.

Isnt his name Mike Fatters ?

MetalliSox
01-28-2003, 12:41 PM
Juan Acevedo may of had a good ERA and a decent number of saves for a bad team, but if there was a guy on base when he came in, odds are he was scoring.
His WHIP also had to be pretty high. Everytime I saw the guy pitch, he was struggling. 1-2-3 innings were not his friends.

jeremyb1
01-28-2003, 01:04 PM
i had wanted fetters earlier in the season. he's probably a toss up with white in my opinion. i would rather the twins not acquire him for so little, but what are you going to do?

acevedo didn't get that much money. 900,000 i believe. we were offering him close to that and he could've come back to his hometown. go figure.

LuvSox
01-28-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
It will add pounds to the Twins staff too.

Isnt his name Mike Fatters ? Is he any relation to Fatt Stairs? Speaking of signings, I understand Tampa picked up Parque. Two championships in one city this year?

ScottyTheSoxFan
01-28-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Speaking of signings, I understand Tampa picked up Parque.
Two championships in one city this year?

not in tampa. now if the Bulls could pull off a decent win streak.....

LuvSox
01-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
not in tampa. now if the Bulls could pull off a decent win streak..... Maybe the Fire or the Rush, I wouldn't put money on the Bulls yet.

hose
01-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Juan Acevedo may of had a good ERA and a decent number of saves for a bad team, but if there was a guy on base when he came in, odds are he was scoring.
His WHIP also had to be pretty high. Everytime I saw the guy pitch, he was struggling. 1-2-3 innings were not his friends.

nice picture of the backdoor

Lip Man 1
01-28-2003, 06:30 PM
Jeremy:

The Acevedo deal gives the Yanks the option of picking him up automatically next season for a couple of million. If not they have to buy him out at 450,000. I'm sure the Sox were NOT willing to guarantee this.

2. Perhaps Acevedo wanted to go to a team that he KNEW was going to be in the post season.

Lip