PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Manuel Vs. Dick Jauron

ssang
01-28-2003, 10:05 AM
I was bored and I thought this was a legit question. Which coach, Jerry Manuel or Dick Jauron, is more pathetic.

Cons for Dick:

-has complete faith in idiot offensive coordinator, John Shoop, for
no reason whatsoever.

-has NO, NONE, ZERO, personality

-Made Henry Burris 3rd string QB when he clearly should've been
on the practice squad.....at best!

-Has NO, NONE, ZERO intensity....not good a good trait for an NFL
coach or any football coach for that matter.

-makes comments like "I liked our players effort" and "I like the
progress I saw" after embarassing losses. NFL coaches need to
be tough with players.

-Makes NO, NONE, ZERO adjustments at halftime even though
the Bears clearly need them each game.

BOTTOM LINE: Chicago Bears fans deserve better than this
loser/wimp.

Cons for Jerry:

-constantly "tinkers" with the lineup. No one has the opportunity
to sink into their role offensivley. It kills our situational hitting.

-has NO, NONE, ZERO personality

-clearly does not know how to handle pitching changes. He keeps starters in too long too often, and he takes them out too early all too mcuh.

-Has NO, NONE, ZERO intensity

BOTTOM LINE: Jerry seems absolutley listless and White Sox fans
deserve better than this. he needs to improve a lot this year. I just don't have confidence in him

What are your thoughts? Feel free to add any shortcomings that I may have overlooked. I'm sure there are plenty of them!

Viva Magglio
01-28-2003, 10:30 AM
:jauron
The Sox Clubhouse is not my forum, but I'm in that forum.

ssang
01-28-2003, 11:14 AM
Doesn't anyone have an opinion? Someone must care about the Bears in addition to the Sox.

moochpuppy
01-28-2003, 11:36 AM
:jerry

"Hey Dick, what are you doing this weekend? Have any exciting plans?"

"I just got some new paint that I thought I'd watch dry. Why? You wanna come over?"

"Really? That would be great. Is it satin or semi-gloss?"

voodoochile
01-28-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by moochpuppy

"Hey Dick, what are you doing this weekend? Have any exciting plans?"

"I just got some new paint that I thought I'd watch dry. Why? You wanna come over?"

"Really? That would be great. Is it satin or semi-gloss?"

"What do you recommend?"

"Why don't we buy both and then we can tinker with it until we figure out what goes where."

SoxxoS
01-28-2003, 11:49 AM
Dick Jauron's hard-headed confidence in John Shoop is reason enough to think he is the worst coach in Chicago. How can he or Jerry Angelo not get as frustrated as the fans get watching that pathetic offense? The Bears will probably draft Byron Leftwich out of Marshall, which is the right move, but with Shoop as the "O" coordinator, he will screw Byron up somehow. He will go from throwing 4000 yards last year to 890 this year under Shoop-id. Man that guy pisses me off. Just to let you guys know there is a website to support the firing of Shoop-firejohnshoop.com (http://www.firejohnshoop.com)

:fireshoop

duke of dorwood
01-28-2003, 12:16 PM
Jauron-Shoop

Manual-Nardi

Both 1 playoff appearance

Both outcoached in their playoff appearance

Both guys were competitive with injury riddled teams after playoff year.

Both seem to have a hard time with developing young players

I think Manual has more games to tinker with, and thus more chances to screw up.

Daver
01-28-2003, 08:30 PM
Actually JM does have a personality,he's a nice guy at home,and willing to talk baseball of any form at all times,and also very down to earth.

Tragg
01-29-2003, 02:37 PM
Jerry has a great looking beard. That makes him the winner hands down.

MattSharp
01-29-2003, 03:06 PM
With the exception of President Bush there is no one worse at their job then these two men.

RKMeibalane
01-29-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
With the exception of President Bush there is no one worse at their job then these two men.

Oh, yes there is...

:hitless

Unregistered
01-29-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
With the exception of President Bush there is no one worse at their job then these two men. :jaime
"I'll try my best."

Rocklive99
01-29-2003, 05:30 PM
I'd change both of them, but I think Jaroun is more pathetic

jeremyb1
01-29-2003, 05:48 PM
i like jerry manuel. i liked nardi contreras. i've never played for either of them so like every other poster here my knowledge is limited of exactly what goes on behind the scenes.

i'm not going to sit here and argue specifics because no one's really made any strong arguments. i can't recall too many situations where manuel has left pitchers in too long. i thought he left buehrle in too long in his bid for his 20th win last season but supposedly that was buerhle's call. i thought he left wright in too long once when he threw upwards of 130 pitches and fell apart but i think that was coopers fault.

i don't think he pulls pitchers too often. i feel like most time when people make that accusation they're doing it without any consideration of how many pitches the pitcher has thrown.

cooper may be a better pitching coach than nardi but there is virtually no evidence nardi was a terrible pitching coach. buehrle credits him with virtually all his success. he was quoted as saying that his bullpen sessions with nardi made him the pitcher he is today. garland gives credit to nardi for his start in boston which was his huge breakout last season.

if you didn't like nardi as a pitching coach fine. there's no point in arguing about it now but there's no real evidence that he was detrimental to our staff. you might think cooper is a lot better and have suspicions that nardi made mistakes (as every single pitching coach does) but they're just that - suspicions. seeing as how we don't really know the majority of the advice nardi - or don cooper for that matter - gave to sox pitchers we don't know exactly how good or bad they are as pitching coaches.

the sox have had at least decent pitching over the last few seasons considering what they have so i don't see any way either of them could be an abomination.