PDA

View Full Version : KW on the Score Tonight

Viva Magglio
01-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Kenny Williams will be Score tonight with Dan Jiggetts at 6:30 p.m.

Lip Man 1
01-28-2003, 12:30 PM
I wonder if Jiggetts knows about the latest Buehrle / LaRussa remarks? Since I haven't seen anything yet on it in any of the papers perhaps it would behoove somebody to call or e-mail this info to WSCR in time for tonight's interview.

The actual story from St. Louis is on the thread titled "Buehrle" there is a link to the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

Lip

DrCrawdad
01-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I wonder if Jiggetts knows about the latest Buehrle / LaRussa remarks? Since I haven't seen anything yet on it in any of the papers perhaps it would behoove somebody to call or e-mail this info to WSCR in time for tonight's interview.

The actual story from St. Louis is on the thread titled "Buehrle" there is a link to the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

Lip

Here's the link to the St. Louis article (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/Sports/Cardinals/57B9E03410A5F42B86256CBA001CC0F2?OpenDocument&Headline=Buehrle%20drops%20a%20hint%20about%20wher e%20he'd%20like%20to%20pitch)

Good thing LaRussa is such a good chum of Reinsdorf, if that wasn't the case they might go after LaRussa for tampering.

Viva Magglio
01-28-2003, 09:09 PM
Evidently, KW cancelled his appearance so he was not on.

Lip Man 1
01-28-2003, 10:27 PM
Hmmm...that's interesting in and of itself! Maybe Kenny's concerned he might say something about this Buehrle situation he may regret later.

Lip

Daver
01-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Hmmm...that's interesting in and of itself! Maybe Kenny's concerned he might say something about this Buehrle situation he may regret later.

Lip

More likely he didn't want to drive his Escalade from downtown to the western burbs in a snowstorm.

TornLabrum
01-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by daver
More likely he didn't want to drive his Escalade from downtown to the western burbs in a snowstorm.

That is a nasty drive up 55 from Pfld. when it's snowing.

Daver
01-28-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
That is a nasty drive up 55 from Pfld. when it's snowing.

I put the truck in 4WD and hit the shoulder myself..........

Lip Man 1
01-28-2003, 11:58 PM
Daver:

Who says you have to do an interview on radio live and in the studio?

Has Kenny ever heard of doing it over the phone?

Lip

WinningUgly!
01-29-2003, 12:01 AM

Lip

That's $4.99 a minute...oh wait you meant the interview. :)

Daver
01-29-2003, 12:05 AM
Daver:

Who says you have to do an interview on radio live and in the studio?

Lip

I would be willing to wager that if the interveiw was for ESPN radio 1000 it would have been done on the phone,but KW won't bend over to do anything for the Score.

hose
01-29-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
That's $4.99 a minute...oh wait you meant the interview. :)

ROFLOL

Soxboyrob
01-29-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by daver
I would be willing to wager that if the interveiw was for ESPN radio 1000 it would have been done on the phone,but KW won't bend over to do anything for the Score.

But the thing is, he did an excellent interview w/ Jiggs about a month ago. He was thoughtful, positive and did a fairly good job. Seems there is something else at work here, because I've heard nary a negative word about KW since that last Jiggs interview.

gogosoxgogo
01-29-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
But the thing is, he did an excellent interview w/ Jiggs about a month ago. He was thoughtful, positive and did a fairly good job. Seems there is something else at work here, because I've heard nary a negative word about KW since that last Jiggs interview.

No, it's definately not Jiggets, he is one of the better hosts on the score. I have a feeling its Bernstein and his little buddy, and maybe North as well.

Soxboyrob
01-29-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
No, it's definately not Jiggets, he is one of the better hosts on the score. I have a feeling its Bernstein and his little buddy, and maybe North as well.

But still, none of these guys has had anything bad to say about KW since his last Score interview. In fact, B & B have heaped praise all over him for the last couple of weeks.