PDA

View Full Version : Time To Take A Preemptive Strike Of Our Own

34 Inch Stick
01-28-2003, 09:16 AM
In light of the State of the Union and growing appearance of war with Iraq, I think the Sox need to take a preemptive stike of their own against the St. Louis Cardinals. I think they could make a case for tampering. Even if it fails, at least it will keep the Cardinals a little more honest for the next few years. File that charge Kenny and lets put those toothless hayseeds from that one horse town back in their place.

RKMeibalane
01-28-2003, 10:53 AM
I agree that Williams should take action. The Cardinals have made clear to everyone in baseball that they have their sights set on accquiring Mark Buehrle. However, since he is still under contract with the White Sox, and Williams has not discussed trading him to the Cardinals, then I don't think they should avoid punishment in this matter. Openly discussing another player is tampering. Period. Several teams in the NBA have been charged with the offense, and baseball should impose similar restrictions on their teams.

Hangar18
01-28-2003, 11:00 AM
The Cardinals think theyre slick. theyve been Openly
Courting Buehrle the last 2 yrs in a row.....and comments
have been made in the media about acquiring him....
This is basically an Open and Shut Case.
Of course, if there were a Commissioner in Baseball,
this would be handed down already....without needing
a complaint from the Sox. Seligs more interested in figuring
a way to take the Name "BRAVES" away from Atlanta
so he could use it for his phony AAA Brewers.

Lip Man 1
01-28-2003, 11:19 AM
I'm curious about two things in the Buehrle matter:

1. When is the Chicago media going to jump on this? I haven't seen word one...yet

2. What will the reaction be of Williams when he hears about this. Remember last year he said he was "disappointed" to the papers. Does he comment again, talk to Buehrle personally, or because the situation between the Sox and Mark seems so bad does he ignore this and try not to let it get overblown and disrupt his team.

Interesting dilemma don't you think?

Lip

Hangar18
01-28-2003, 11:40 AM
One of the SunTimes stories was just that, talking about the Tampering. Funny, story was buried a few pages back.
YES, IF HE WERE A CUB, THIS WOULD BE BACK PAGE/FRONT PAGE STORIES, and FOX WOULDVE HAD LIVE COVERAGE Of the story.
but we know....The MEdia is busy checking out ToothPick Companies for their take on the Cubs World Series Chances This Season. THIS SHOULD BE A HUGE STORY RIGHT NOW.
THATS OK...at the QA session on Friday at SoxFest..I'll be SURE Chastise the Media and KW for not BRINGING THIS UP. count on that.

Lip Man 1
01-28-2003, 11:50 AM
Make sure you read PHIL ARVIA's column in the Daily Southtown on Wednesday.

The Buehrle "situation" is about to bust wide open!

Williams knows about what was said. He knew about it on Monday and as my source told me "he's NOT amused."

Lip

upnorthsox
01-28-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I'm curious about two things in the Buehrle matter:

1. When is the Chicago media going to jump on this? I haven't seen word one...yet

Lip

Good question, why don't you email Barry Rosner, he's always on the lookout for stuff like that. Or better yet, Phil Rogers, a Cubune baseball writer can't possibly resist a chance to take a swipe at the Cards(I'd say Sully but he'd want to know why the Cards want another righty pitcher for).

Hangar18
01-28-2003, 12:00 PM
Make sure you read PHIL ARVIA's column in the Daily Southtown on Wednesday.

The Buehrle "situation" is about to bust wide open!

Williams knows about what was said. He knew about it on Monday and as my source told me "he's NOT amused."

Lip

Lip My Man!!!
I love getting the scoop first! I love this website!
Those St Louis American-League-Player-Loving Cardinals
are about to get their little wings slapped. hee hee.

LuvSox
01-28-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by upnorthsox
Good question, why don't you email Barry Rosner, he's always on the lookout for stuff like that. Or better yet, Phil Rogers, a Cubune baseball writer can't possibly resist a chance to take a swipe at the Cards(I'd say Sully but he'd want to know why the Cards want another righty pitcher for). I'm rolling from that Sully comment.

maurice
01-28-2003, 01:09 PM
When is the Chicago media going to jump on this?

The Trib just picked up on it: article (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030128soxbuehrle,0,5231721.story?coll=cs%2Dhome%2D headlines).

hose
01-28-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
In light of the State of the Union and growing appearance of war with Iraq, I think the Sox need to take a preemptive stike of their own against the St. Louis Cardinals. I think they could make a case for tampering. Even if it fails, at least it will keep the Cardinals a little more honest for the next few years. File that charge Kenny and lets put those toothless hayseeds from that one horse town back in their place.

Nip it. nip it, nip it in the Bud

nut_stock
01-28-2003, 06:48 PM
File that charge Kenny and lets put those toothless hayseeds from that one horse town back in their place.

dun kal me a hey seed cuz I home by St Leuix. Won moore ting, I gotz me a set of purty whites.

:)

gogosoxgogo
01-28-2003, 08:46 PM
I'm very glad that this is being given some attention, although I don't think that it's enough. We as Sox fans definately need to bring this up at Sox fest. Tell KW that we don't appreciate this any more than he does and that he and JR need to take care of this as Sox management. We also need to confront Buehrle on the situation. Comments like these cannot be taken likely.

LittleBears Suck
01-29-2003, 07:09 AM
Cards fan here...

Perhaps you're all forgetting which individual cracked these rumors wide open...Mark Buehrle himself.

Now granted, what limited media out there that reflects St. Lou's desire to sign him might make Pale Hose fans uncomfortable. But are Cardinals front office comments any worse than Buehrle's constant begging for Jocketty to trade for him?

I would argue quite the opposite. Mark Buehrle, NOT Cardinals front office staff, has led the charge on getting Mark in St. Louis. While it's true that TLR's comments were unwarranted, they were not randomly said. In fact, given they're context, they border on appropriate.

Tom in the 847

34 Inch Stick
01-29-2003, 08:31 AM
I will analogize this in terms that somebody from St. Louis may understand. It also may be handy information when you cross the border into a civilized state.

If you have sex with a girl under the age of consent it is statutory rape. It does not matter if it was consensual. It does not matter if she looked 18. In addition the girl does not get in trouble.

Tell that half mullet wearing, overrated "genius" of a coach and his equally unsophisticated general manager to keep his mouth shut about our players. That is tampering, no matter what Buhrle says. It's tampering even if he tells you he wants you.

RichH55
01-29-2003, 01:14 PM
I will analogize this in terms that somebody from St. Louis may understand. It also may be handy information when you cross the border into a civilized state.

If you have sex with a girl under the age of consent it is statutory rape. It does not matter if it was consensual. It does not matter if she looked 18. In addition the girl does not get in trouble.

Tell that half mullet wearing, overrated "genius" of a coach and his equally unsophisticated general manager to keep his mouth shut about our players. That is tampering, no matter what Buhrle says. It's tampering even if he tells you he wants you.

LOL