PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know...

SoxxoS
01-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Where I can find a TV schedule for this upcoming 2003 season? The only games I get to see are on WGN here in Arizona until middle May...

I checked on WGN.com but it wasn't up yet.
Thanks.

kingpin_rcs
01-28-2003, 12:44 AM
WGN sems to be puting less Sox games each year (less kubz too). I have DirecTV and find that the MLB package allows me too watch a large majority of the games. It is a little pricey though. $139 for the year but you can break it up across four months (this is in addition to the normal monthly bill - which for me is cheaper than cable).

The drawbacks are: On Wednesday ESPN has exclusve rights to MLB so unless the Sox are on ESPN, WGN or being shown in your local market (for you if they're playing the D'Backs) you won't see them. Saturday, FOX has exclusive rights if the game starts before 6pm. Additionally, on any other day of the week not ALL games are shown and sometimes the Sox are simply not one of the games they pick (this is something that must be decided far in advance because in 2000 a critical game between CLE and the Sox was not on but an Det/KC game was).

Having said all that I still like the package because I still get over 100 games per year. The other nice thing about the package is that near the end of the year when races start to heat up, you can watch the games. I was also able to watch McGwire to hit #62 in 1998.

LuvSox
01-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Don't the Sox go to Pheonix in June? That's a pisser, you'll just miss 'em there.

moochpuppy
01-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by kingpin_rcs
$139 for the year but you can break it up across four months (this is in addition to the normal monthly bill - which for me is cheaper than cable).

I believe that is the renewal rate. For first time buyers it's $159 before a certain date (early bird special) and then jumps up to $179.

SoxxoS
01-28-2003, 05:29 PM
Yeah, the Sox are at the BOB on June 4, 5, and 6. I will be back home for that series, unfortunately.

I hate the D-Backs, but I love the BOB. That stadium is awesome. The pool, the retractable roof, the food, and the girls make it a great place to watch a game. I think for $50, you can get a meal and a great seat at TGI Fridays on the second level, which is cool.

My roomates are huge D-backs fans, and win every frickin argument b/c they won the world series two years ago. I don't have much to say, really. Other than-"The D-backs won as many playoff games as the White Sox did last year."

I do think that the Sox are going to be better than the D-backs this year record wise, however. That team is just too old. They have a VERY weak line-up, and 3 marginal starters behind the Big 2. Speaking of them, how much longer can Randy Johnson pitch. He is 39 years old. How much does he have left in the tank? That goes for him, shilling, Gonzo, Finley, Williams, Bell, Grace Morgan, etc....
Sorry about the rant :D: