PDA

View Full Version : boy dont you know

oldcomiskey
01-26-2003, 03:16 PM
that JRs minority owners had a fit when he told them he was actaually going to spend money

duke of dorwood
01-26-2003, 03:49 PM
THose guys are all businessmen, and cant be as cheap as JR

jeremyb1
01-26-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
that JRs minority owners had a fit when he told them he was actaually going to spend money

i'm pretty sure that right now our payroll is still lower than it was last season.

oldcomiskey
01-26-2003, 04:27 PM
now just how in the hell do you figure that Einstein

oldcomiskey
01-26-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
THose guys are all businessmen, and cant be as cheap as JR

I do like your tag but did you ever think that if JR was that cheap youd be liking Colon on another team

Lip Man 1
01-26-2003, 10:25 PM
I don't know why they'd be upset, after all many of them also own small percentages of the Bulls, and they've been ranking in money hand over foot from BOTH franchises for the past ten years!

It about damn time they started giving something back to the community that built them both arenas with tax payer money.

Lip

TornLabrum
01-26-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I don't know why they'd be upset, after all many of them also own small percentages of the Bulls, and they've been ranking in money hand over foot from BOTH franchises for the past ten years!

It about damn time they started giving something back to the community that built them both arenas with tax payer money.

Lip

If you saw the PBS special on Chicago recently, you'd know why the Sox owners don't feel they owe a damn thing to the community.

Lip Man 1
01-26-2003, 10:46 PM
Hal:

Since I'm out of town I never saw that PBS show, can you please fill us in with the gist of the rational for your comment?

Lip

TornLabrum
01-27-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
If you saw the PBS special on Chicago recently, you'd know why the Sox owners don't feel they owe a damn thing to the community.

One of the basic premises of the show was that most of the early big names in Chicago history were hustlers.