PDA

View Full Version : Robert Person

elcabumo4allstar
01-26-2003, 03:09 PM
I have been reading that Robert Person is seeking a one or two year deal and that one of the teams he is interested in is the white sox. I think this would be an awesome pick up and he could be are no.5 starter possibly 4. Screw Suppan and Rauch this is the guy to go with. Let Rauch develop. Even though Person had an injury plagued year he was on the verge of being a superstart pick up. So my advice to KW is pick Person up. Whatda u guys think?

Daver
01-26-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by elcabumo4allstar
I have been reading that Robert Person is seeking a one or two year deal and that one of the teams he is interested in is the white sox. I think this would be an awesome pick up and he could be are no.5 starter possibly 4. Screw Suppan and Rauch this is the guy to go with. Let Rauch develop. Even though Person had an injury plagued year he was on the verge of being a superstart pick up. So my advice to KW is pick Person up. Whatda u guys think?

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

Huisj
01-26-2003, 03:19 PM
how many good years has he actually had though? one, maybe two sort of? Far from a sure thing.

jeremyb1
01-26-2003, 05:10 PM

if he's agreeable to pitching in relief i'd take him. with his health issues though, i wouldn't want to just hand him the number five spot.

Bmr31
01-26-2003, 05:15 PM

Now Person would be an excellent choice as our number 5 starter. I am all for it....

WinningUgly!
01-26-2003, 05:41 PM

I don't mind the idea of bringing Person in for the #5 spot. I actually like the thought of having Garland, Wright, Rauch & someone like Person competing for the 3 final starting spots. I'm not ready to say "screw Rauch", but he should not be marched out there automatically.

Daver
01-26-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I don't mind the idea of bringing Person in for the #5 spot. I actually like the thought of having Garland, Wright, Rauch & someone like Person competing for the 3 final starting spots. I'm not ready to say "screw Rauch", but he should not be marched out there automatically.

The Sox can provide competition for the fifth starter from within the organization,without signing another reclamation project.

gogosoxgogo
01-27-2003, 01:53 AM
Oh man, I was just waiting for someone to bring this guy up as someone 'the Sox should go after for number five'. My response: No thanks. Welcome aboard though.

jeremyb1
01-27-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

no i don't think he should be either. but i do think that based on their accomplishments last season that wright and garland should be guaranteed spots assuming they're healthy and i think person would want the same guarantee meaning that rauch gets screwed even if that's not the goal.